News Price wants to help Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs captain Steve Price is looking to take on a more hands-on role at Canterbury and could fill the vacant general manager of football position.

Price has eased his way back into the fold at Belmore after being appointed to the club’s board last year.

Now the premiership winner could be making a move into a full-time position at the club who are in the midst of revamping their support staff. It will be the first permanent role he has had at the club since leaving for the Warriors at the end of 2004.

Price would have to stand-down from the board if he took on the task of the day to day running of the club’s football operations. Price lives on the Sunshine Coast but his daughter Jamie-Lynn is making a name for herself playing netball for GWS. The move won’t place any pressure on Dogs boss Andrew Hill.

The Bulldogs have filled one of their important roles having appointed Jack Mesley as their chief commercial officer. Mesley worked for Lion.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/37bee15340dcbe304e6d5d122ec1aa3a
This is a good idea as long as he ins't manipulated by the Royal Family !!!
Before Hill was appointed CEO I suggested that Price be appointed CEO...Good luck Pricey !!!

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah nah. I lost all respect for him after the warriors game this year. On our board at our game. Yet wears a warriors polo shirt. I get it’s old boys day, but that pissed me right off. Stay associated with NZ ****
100% he's a shit **** for it. Can't believe people used the Christchurch disaster at the time as an excuse of solidarity between his former teammates. Button up long sleeve shirt and a black armband is all that was required.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
fuck off you warriors shirt wearing c***
Yeah nah. I lost all respect for him after the warriors game this year. On our board at our game. Yet wears a warriors polo shirt. I get it’s old boys day, but that pissed me right off. Stay associated with NZ ****
100% he's a shit **** for it. Can't believe people used the Christchurch disaster at the time as an excuse of solidarity between his former teammates. Button up long sleeve shirt and a black armband is all that was required.
Disagree here.

Not even 24 hrs before the game NZ experienced the one of the worst mass shootings in history ... claiming 51 lives... that's not a minor disaster, or an earthquake.. that's a major world event.

Lets not forget he spent 4 years playing over there as well as running a business years afterwoods.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Disagree here.

Not even 24 hrs before the game NZ experienced the one of the worst mass shootings in history ... claiming 51 lives... that's not a minor disaster, or an earthquake.. that's a major world event.

Lets not forget he spent 4 years playing over there as well as running a business years afterwoods.
It was disastrous... I didn't mean it in the way of a natural occurance. He's on our board he represents us not the warriors! he shouldn't have worn the shirt... it's that simple.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUNNY - HOLDING IT AGAINST PRICE that "He left the Bulldogs for more money"
I am just thinking if anyone one here got offered or was able to go get a 100k salary increase for another company doing the same job that YOU WOULD DECLINE due to LOYALTY?
Come on you are judging someones integrity or loyalty based on that.
Anyone would do that so.
He loves the Bulldogs from his heart. Has nothing to do with loyalty him leaving.
He was our captain and we sacrificed him for $200k extra from the warriors not $100k...we could have cut a reserve grade player !
Our offer was $400k theirs was $600k
The question was do we keep him and eventually loose Willy Mason or SBW
I know I wouldn't have sacrificed OUR CAPTAIN !!!
In saying all this...He admitted the need to move away for a totally personal problem !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree here.

Mr I
Let me say this, there is a lot more to the facts than what is said !!!
1. He works for the bulldogs now and should have been wearing our colors...it's a mistake not a catastrophe !
2. If the young players at the club were PARTY ANIMALS who's job was it to keep them in check ?
3. He left us because, the major reason was a personal problem at the time...you can bet on that !
I can assure you The club attempted to bring him back but he refused as his business in NZ would have consequently suffered...I will let you work that out :tonguewink:

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Title : Price wants to help dogs

I don't know but I feel that Price and some members of the current board are just power hungry and tryna look after their own self interests. Didn't he sign with the Warriors for more money?

Sure did - massive gambling problem loves a good slap on the brickies laptop.