News Price wants to help Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs captain Steve Price is looking to take on a more hands-on role at Canterbury and could fill the vacant general manager of football position.

Price has eased his way back into the fold at Belmore after being appointed to the club’s board last year.

Now the premiership winner could be making a move into a full-time position at the club who are in the midst of revamping their support staff. It will be the first permanent role he has had at the club since leaving for the Warriors at the end of 2004.

Price would have to stand-down from the board if he took on the task of the day to day running of the club’s football operations. Price lives on the Sunshine Coast but his daughter Jamie-Lynn is making a name for herself playing netball for GWS. The move won’t place any pressure on Dogs boss Andrew Hill.

The Bulldogs have filled one of their important roles having appointed Jack Mesley as their chief commercial officer. Mesley worked for Lion.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/37bee15340dcbe304e6d5d122ec1aa3a

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
cue kennel rage..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Title : Price wants to help dogs

I don't know but I feel that Price and some members of the current board are just power hungry and tryna look after their own self interests. Didn't he sign with the Warriors for more money?

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I loved Pricey back in the day. But has he showed any acumen at either club other than being a nice guy?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HHAHAHA another former player who was brought back into the fold to make up part of the "boys club" ...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he the best candidate for the job. If he is I'm all for it. But my true opinion is he's not and it's jobs for the boys.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Title : Price wants to help dogs

I don't know but I feel that Price and some members of the current board are just power hungry and tryna look after their own self interests. Didn't he sign with the Warriors for more money?
Didn’t he shitcan us when he was at the Warriors?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he is the man for the job, good luck to him. If not then no, let someone else do it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Price REALLY wants to help the Dogs.. Form a rebel ticket for Feb 2020 club board elections and get Khoury, Coorey, Mortimer, Ballesty, and Paul Dunn backing it. Oust the Andersons and lets move this club forward.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Could! You need to be ruthless in this type of role, Price doesn't have it in him, he's too nice!

Pay and Price, the bulldogs are definitely paying the price for hiring rookies..... wake up board, wake up!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Price REALLY wants to help the Dogs.. Form a rebel ticket for Feb 2020 club board elections and get Khoury, Coorey, Mortimer, Ballesty, and Paul Dunn backing it. Oust the Andersons and lets move this club forward.
If the Anderson’s are really the problem why would you want to keep the rest of the board that was too spineless to stand up to them and give them all the power?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He could help by lacing the boots up. Even a mid forties Pricey would be better than Tolman and Napa right now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love this too happen BUT..

Nah, he was a bulldog, but now a once were warriors type guy lol..!!! Literally :tongueclosed:

Don’t get me wrong, Absolutely Loved pricey when he was a bulldog!! Was so gutted when he left!!
but he ain’t got it anymore, his love for the club ain’t there like it used to be.. no matter how hard he tires to make it look like it is.

Fresh faces, fresh change = better future please.

Gone price !!

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pricey would actually be pretty good in this role he’s got a tonne of experience and he’s a leader. General manager of football is a different role at different clubs and he won’t be doing that same kind of thing as Gould at Penrith. It’s more of a middle man position between the administration and playing group.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pricey would be really good I reckon talent scouting or player liason. Something in that area. He's got people skills.

If the Anderson’s are really the problem why would you want to keep the rest of the board that was too spineless to stand up to them and give them all the power?
What are they able to do at the moment? Nothing? Can't push forth a vote of no confidence against either of them. Only way is to have members given other options.