RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ever thought this is bit of a marketing tool used by our club. We now have cash and welcome all players interested. We need a marquee playee. Maybe Mitchell fits the bill maybe not.

Either way the discussion on our club as a no go club has potentially changed. Well done dogs for changing the narative.

If we dont get Mitchell then im sure they have someone else in mind... DWZ was the start of the rebuild / repurchase. ..

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many exceptional seasons did South's really get out of GI? Hardly a glowing endorsement. And this issue with a long term contract is what if he performs and demands more money? What if he doesn't perform and we're stuck with another Williams? All the pressure is on the club with this and I don't think it's worth it...if it was Tommy Trbo or Munster then yh I might be a little more interested.
South's were competitive the whole time with GI not to mention a title.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
South's were competitive the whole time with GI not to mention a title.
Well they're currently doing fine without him with Turner playing in his place...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ever thought this is bit of a marketing tool used by our club. We now have cash and welcome all players interested. We need a marquee playee. Maybe Mitchell fits the bill maybe not.

Either way the discussion on our club as a no go club has potentially changed. Well done dogs for changing the narative.

If we dont get Mitchell then im sure they have someone else in mind... DWZ was the start of the rebuild / repurchase. ..
I thought of this the other night. Maybe it's a "hey guys we are back in the market" thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Not really, not like managers need to read an article on foxsports to have a rough idea of what certain clubs have to spend lol.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How many exceptional seasons did South's really get out of GI? Hardly a glowing endorsement. And this issue with a long term contract is what if he performs and demands more money? What if he doesn't perform and we're stuck with another Williams? All the pressure is on the club with this and I don't think it's worth it...if it was Tommy Trbo or Munster then yh I might be a little more interested.
Agree. Also, outside backs need decent forwards and halves in front of them to give them space to utilise their running skills. Latrell M would be flogging himself for nothing with us at the moment.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agree. Also, outside backs need decent forwards and halves in front of them to give them space to utilise their running skills. Latrell M would be flogging himself for nothing with us at the moment.
He will be here in 2021 though so most of this team won’t be playing with him. We have plenty of money to spend so we can shell out a million on Latrell and still have money to upgrade other positions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will be here in 2021 though so most of this team won’t be playing with him. We have plenty of money to spend so we can shell out a million on Latrell and still have money to upgrade other positions.
I don't want to deal with this saga for another year and a half...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m thinking bout it and latrell will come if he’s about money and job security and setting himself up, no one rejects an offer like this

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Latrell saga or the Bulldogs saga? There’s plenty of saga’s to choose from and I’m sure there will be more to come....
All of them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m more comfortable with the 5 year contract (even that is risky considering his current state of mind) but who knows maybe just maybe out of all the people in his circle with their hands out there’s one that actually cares about him and gives him sound advice

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m more comfortable with the 5 year contract (even that is risky considering his current state of mind) but who knows maybe just maybe out of all the people in his circle with their hands out there’s one that actually cares about him and gives him sound advice
A 5 yr contract would be sublime...

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely disagree with the 10 year term, but the most pleasing thing about this entire rumour, is that for once the blow torch has been put on the Roosters in the media.

I am a tad dissapointed that the Dogs didnt go all out and offer the same deal to Keary & Tedesco all in one hit.
Probably wouldn't be taken serious with dogs likely fined for bringing game into disrepute lol

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they're currently doing fine without him with Turner playing in his place...
Pretty sure GI was the first piece during South's rise in 2011... they built the team around him then and we can build our next squad around Latrell

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really?

What makes a good player? What makes a great player?

The difference is consistency. The best players turn up every week, and perform. They give there all.

Can you honestly say that of Latrell? Cause if you can, perhaps you should go and spectate a game of lawn bawls.

I have no doubt in my mind he can be one of the best centres of the game. But he if he still falls into the category of "on his day", then he has some ways to go.
Latrell has had one bad game in 2 seasons. And it was a shocker but before state of origin everyone was talking about this kid as the most devastating in the game. You named 4 players and at the start of the year Ponga couldn’t play at 5/8 had to be moved now he’s the best player going according to everyone. RTS has not been spotted since he left Easts and his team is never near the top not sure how you can include him same as DCE or is it because of their salary they are included ?

If these guys are cream of the crop Mitchell deserves to be there on his performances. Because they have been impressive.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's exactly why recruiting someone like Latrell is worth paying extra for. The lure he has in recruiting other players is priceless.

If we can get Latrell for five years it would be the best signing the club has made since Terry Lamb. We'd turn into a contender in no time with the other talent he'd attract and the unprecedented cap space at our disposal.