Other News Source Bulldogs to try lure Brisbane hooker Jake Turpin to Belmore

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should buy him some headgear at least.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will take turpin broncs can have lichha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Lichaa could only play NRL like he has been playing NSW Cup, I'd be happy to keep him. But he just can't make the step.

Belmore'sFinest

Waterboy
Reaction score
Jake reminds me alot of Corey Hughes/ Adam Perry, gets to dummy half quickly and takes advantage of tight/edge momentum. Goes about his business without question in the middle of the park. Strong and accurate passing game from the ground. Would be a great signing for this club

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he better than Harry Grant?
I suppose the thing to look at is turpin has been looking good in 1st grade so many of these guys carve up against weak opposition so would be good to see grant have a run in 1sts

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If McCulloch is free to leave id be happy with him over what we got for a couple of years. Hes out of form but a handy player

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If McCulloch is free to leave id be happy with him over what we got for a couple of years. Hes out of form but a handy player
Nah.. I thought about it before as he would be good for the young kids coming through but with kids like Jayden Brailey and Turps on offer we would be stupid not to lock in a future.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many kids coming through at the same time... Brisbane are bound to lose one or two. Fafita and Turps would be mammoth signings for the dogs, get it happening you flops!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes been absolute garbage this year no thanks

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is he better than Harry Grant?
Here's how I see the hooker landscape at the moment.

Current "Next Generation" hookers with NRL experience: Wayde Egan, Manase Fainu, Jacob Liddle, Brailey brothers.
Younger "Next Generation" hookers just starting in NRL: Reece Robson, Harry Grant, Jake Turpin, Mitch Kenny, Sam Verrillis.

I've probably missed one or two in the above too.

Of the above just starting: Verrillis, Grant and Turpin are the pick of the bunch. Verrillis and Turpin slightly better than Grant.