Official Round 14 - Dogs vs Roosters - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My dad, a mad Rooters supporter since the Jack Gibson days, has been recalled to Sydney from the bush in the last few days as his cancer has made a comeback. I'm going down to Sydney this week to offer support for him, and noted that by pure coincidence the dogs and rooters are playing on Sunday arvo.

The plan now is to sneak him out of the ward at St Vincents, to the game and back again before anybody notices he's missing - at least the SCG is closeby...

The flogging will be worth cheering him up :grinning:
I did the same with my mum back in 2015. She was at St Vincent's being treated for cancer and we were staying in Bondi at the time when the Dogs had to play the Roosters in the semi final at Allianz. Even though we got beat we enjoyed the experience of sitting in the kennel with everyone. I was happy to go to one last game with her before she passed away just 3 months later.

I hope you guys have a good time together and all the best to you both!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Anthony Griffin
Seriously Griffin, sacked, not just once but twice, both times at great financial cost to the clubs involved and according to Gould "is very old school, he likes to do everything himself. I think in the modern day age the head coach has got to rely on the expertise, knowledge and assistance". It would seem that working alongside anyone wouldn't work. Is he really what we want for our club?

Sack the whole coaching staff
Griffin would probably like that, then he can fark up everything all by himself.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not how I see it, what I saw were players making flat out stupid decisions in defence. For example if they had "lost hope" then they wouldn't even bother rushing up out of the line.

Go Dogs
that's very narrow minded view on that event.. that player rushed out because it was the only play, because the players on his inside were not working for it.. the centre and wing were marking up on 4 players in about 20 metres of space.. they were left stranded by their inside guys.. Bad attitude personified... if a team can walk across the try line on multiple occasions, it means their opposition have given up..

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands up, I'm confused, help me out here. Some people want Pay sacked immediately, but can't name a truly viable replacement, my guess is no one decent would want it and/or is available. Internal replacement from the current coaching staff, seriously would you want the current attacking coach or the defensive coach in charge of every aspect of the team, hands down, not me. So people demanding immediate sacking are not being realistic IMHO.

Which leaves the people that are demanding that he be sacked at the end of this season, well unfortunately it isn't the end of year yet, not that I noticed anyway. My view is pretty simple, there is no option but to tough it out for the rest of this season, then make a call. Which doesn't mean not exploring opportunities for other coaches, in the strictest confidence of course. Let it out and the pesky media will fark it up for us.

Go Dogs
Depends on how you see things:

- if you think nothing wrong tactically and players still responding to pay, keep him

- if you think there are issues with pay tactically but players still responding to him, quietly look for a smarter coach and keep pay until we have the replacement

- if you think there are issues with pay tactically and players are no longer responding to him, sack him and appoint steve g as caretaker. Hope players respond to the changes and put in better effort. In the mean time look for long term coach

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defense is attitude and the St George game showed that the attitude in the playing group is extremely poor..

I think for the most of the year the players have really tried and were just not capable enough.. but now they are losing or have lost hope...
I've lost hope as a fan so I'm sure as players they have too. Not hard to tell if there is no urgency during the game.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously Griffin, sacked, not just once but twice, both times at great financial cost to the clubs involved and according to Gould "is very old school, he likes to do everything himself. I think in the modern day age the head coach has got to rely on the expertise, knowledge and assistance". It would seem that working alongside anyone wouldn't work. Is he really what we want for our club?

Griffin would probably like that, then he can fark up everything all by himself.

Go Dogs
I would give Griffin a go.

Griffin was sacked twice because of Wayne Bennett.

Bennett wanted to return to Brisbane, so Griffin was sacked...

Gould had a handshake deal with Bennett to join Penrith, so Griffin was sacked....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Actually maybe you should be captain, coach and board member. You seem to think you have all the answers, Chief.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on how you see things:
- if you think nothing wrong tactically and players still responding to pay, keep him
- if you think there are issues with pay tactically but players still responding to him, quietly look for a smarter coach and keep pay until we have the replacement
- if you think there are issues with pay tactically and players are no longer responding to him, sack him and appoint steve g as caretaker. Hope players respond to the changes and put in better effort. In the mean time look for long term coach
So basically you see Georgallis as being totally blameless for how the team is going? It's 100% Pay's fault, no one else in the coaching team has any responsibility for their performance? That's not how I see it.

I think I have expressed my view on the coaching team pretty plainly, many times, it's exactly the same as with the players, keep them until we find someone demonstrably better. If that's next week then so be it, if it's the end of the year, then that will do just fine, if it's next year then that will just have to do. It's about finding someone worthwhile for ~3 years and it's not worth it without that.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually maybe you should be captain, coach and board member. You seem to think you have all the answers, Chief.
I have opinions, not answers.

FWIW I would make a shit coach, I'd sack everyone after every game.

Go Dogs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Other than a few positions, we're literally full circle back to where we started Rd1. Honestly coach is running around headless at the moment!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So basically you see Georgallis as being totally blameless for how the team is going? It's 100% Pay's fault, no one else in the coaching team has any responsibility for their performance? That's not how I see it.
The problem is the buck stops with Pay he is the one responsible for the final product. Georgallis can only do so much as a assistant coach and we don't know how much input he does have.

If Georgallis was interim coach he would do things his way and he does have experience taking over mid season.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than a few positions, we're literally full circle back to where we started Rd1. Honestly coach is running around headless at the moment!
Headless Chook by the end of Sunday's game lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haha bird is the word! Can’t believe he is still spreading rumours he must have a new contact because the people who used to feed went in the last election.
Lou is/was Bigbird? Oh Em Gee

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumour that Adam elliot is out with chris Smith back into the side

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we are being harsh on Elliott he only had the slowest play the ball, most errors, most missed tackles and most ineffective tackles tackles of any player yesterday!
He is not as bad as Lichaa but definitely worse then Holdsworth.
They are my worst 3 of all time.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
so...… will the Rorters reach 40 in the first half or will we hold them out til the second half??

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause fuck it the team should be ;
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3.DWZ
4. Harper
5. Okunbor
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Ofa
11. Martin
12. Corey
13. Jackson
14. Lachlan Lewis
15. Napa
16. RFM
17. Renouf

This is baring players currently injured and is my ideal team for the rest of the year
Hoppa needs to be there, but I would pay to watch your team unlike Pays.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its time that club needs to understands that just because you are good bloke off the field doesnt mean you are the same on the field too

Pay has picked
Hoppa
Tolman
Montoya
As according to him they did nothing wrong

NOTHING WRONG alright cuz these players never try to do or incapable of doing anything right
We need to let tolman go and hoppa go
Free up the cash and get some bad guys in

Go after waqa blake
Get RCG if he is on the outer
Get Matalino in with tigers paying half of his salary

Not sit on your hands sign someone good like DWZ and then say we dont know what position we gonna play him
Waqa going to Parra.
RCG yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.