Reaction score
Bulldogs Membership Numbers
2015 = 18,240
2016 = 20,703
2017 = 18,833
2018 = 19,570

This time last year: 18,951
Current 2019 Members: 16,945

But here's what really needs to be brought up with the current board... aside from the Titans our massive drop in membership numbers. Only second worse to Titans, and with half the teams already up on 2018 numbers. We are nosediving in numbers.

View attachment 10121
wow only seems a few years ago we were nudging 20k and towards the top of the list then again who wants to waste there hard earn on watching the brand of football we've been playing since 2015

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs Membership Numbers
2015 = 18,240
2016 = 20,703
2017 = 18,833
2018 = 19,570

This time last year: 18,951
Current 2019 Members: 16,945

But here's what really needs to be brought up with the current board... aside from the Titans our massive drop in membership numbers. Only second worse to Titans, and with half the teams already up on 2018 numbers. We are nosediving in numbers.

View attachment 10121
This isn’t really a surprise the membership numbers usually correlate with on field results. When we start winning again they will be back.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is this, as reported on here, the sum total of a member's meeting discission?

Seems very light on considering our poor results and playing style.

Can anyone add any further info for us concerned fans that extensive plans are in place, or that last place concerns the Board as well.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for adding the extra info Max.

And since it was raised re: refs, penalty counts etc - the club says they share the fans frustration - but as responsible administrators they are not going to endorse the coach or captain howling down refs. They said they would welcome anyone who wants to front the $ to pay fines to the NRL, so go for it. Shall we pass the hat around?
ROFL - Really?
With the leagues club and financial viability we have, we cant stand up for ourselves?
Fuck, even Manly used to cop the fines with Toovey and they are broke.
You also need to consider 6pm is a early start and it's the Ramadan time so we have a few characters missing. The vibe is the room was tense until baa got up and broke the ice.
What did Terry have to say?
Agree with Wendog, this seems a very high level summary of what was said, surely there was more?
What about the level of their performances this year? etc.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn’t really a surprise the membership numbers usually correlate with on field results. When we start winning again they will be back.
I thought that 13,000 on Sunday was good considered the circumstances
Coming last and a below par team
A lot of dog supporters still very dedicated
We will be back

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This board has got that old school mentality of "not paying overs", "too expensive", and unfortunately these days clubs are paying overs and you have to follow, though you got to be smart about it (Roosters, Broncos). So its obvious;
1. They cannot attract 3rd party sponsors
2. They do not know how to cook the books

For all the "jealousy hate" Uncle Nick gets across the game, Canterbury and all the other clubs would die for a "Nick Politis" at their clubs!
Uncle Nick, learnt from the best and that was Bullfrog...His daughter and son in law are now in charge and although they are not him they certainly saw the way the club was run under him. Things are different to the past and it takes time and skill to build the "Salary Sombrero" the Roosters have so things wont happen over night. I think there is still some change in the front office to come before things settle down, and if I was Hill I would probably have my Seek file up to date.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL - Really?
With the leagues club and financial viability we have, we cant stand up for ourselves?

Agree with Wendog, this seems a very high level summary of what was said, surely there was more?
I would’ve thought our level of performances would’ve been obvious have you seen our first grade squad?!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would’ve thought our level of performances would’ve been obvious have you seen our first grade squad?!
I'm aware of what the level of performance is, I am curious as to what they had to say about it.
Are they happy to accept it?
What is being done?
Game plans...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm aware of what the level of performance is, I am curious as to what they had to say about it.
Are they happy to accept it?
What is being done?
Game plans...
What do you expect then to say...

“No we aren’t happy with the performances” lol...
ask yourself what can be done?? The answer to that question is simple, nothing much, our squad is the worst in the comp it’s the situation we are in...

Patience is all we can be.... nothing else

A

Alexander the Great

ROFL - Really?

Terry was just talking the old days and when he cracked that field goal to realise that they were two behind, also borught up general chit chat stuff.

The main things i think have been covered, i think the media thing was intresting because end of the day a letter to them is not really going to stop them.
my approach would be the Ben Teo to Danny WEEDLER Approach. Cut the ***** off that want to talk rubbish about the club.
We are obvioulsy a hot topic and a high clickbbait club for them, if we do not give them content and restrict access to us it will hurt them eventaully.

In regards to their performances this year it came down to finishing touches and rebuilding and trying different things. That was from Jacko and Pay when it was their time to speak.

A

Alexander the Great

And they have pre approved questions and answers
They will shut down or ignore any tough question and a total waste of time
I was shocked that it was open Mic to be honest. Anyone could have given it a good ole crack it they wanted.
I could not ask anything because i was the only yid in the room and did not want to be persecuted.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought that was a laugh. One if the richest clubs in the game saying we can't afford the 50k fine for pay to go ape shit.
I don’t think it’s about affordability, it’s about responsibility. I’ve been on a board before (nothing to do with sport) and it’s the directors duties to run the business responsibility. I don’t know of any director that would authorise a $50k spend just to get something off their chest (even collectively). How do you explain that to shareholders who ultimately front the money? Don’t get me wrong - as a fan it riles me as much as anyone else, but with my business hat on, it’s hard for me to disagree with their stance.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You also need to consider 6pm is a early start and it's the Ramadan time so we have a few characters missing. The vibe is the room was tense until baa got up and broke the ice.
Yeah, 6pm is early and not easy for many, but it was the same time last year and many more came. Maybe Ramadan is a factor, but I reckon most have just accepted that 2019 is our Annus Horribilis and we just have to look forward to 2020 and beyond. I remember the great feeling after ‘08 when in ‘09 we were competitive again. Sure we still have nothing in the trophy cabinet since ‘04 but our time will come.

Oh - one other thing - TPP’s. Lynne said that it’s a part of the game we have to accept, which is probably true. Fair to say we are probably not as strong there, but Hilly said to me after it was over that our geography is one of our biggest strengths - western Sydney is growing - new investment, new airport, jobs etc. Will probably lead to players happy to settle in the area with families etc and help with attracting TPP dollars. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is this, as reported on here, the sum total of a member's meeting discission?

Seems very light on considering our poor results and playing style.

Can anyone add any further info for us concerned fans that extensive plans are in place, or that last place concerns the Board as well.
Hi Wendog - did you see the bit about 2021 with 23 spots to fill and $8.5m to spend? I get the feeling that’s the focus - there will be some big announcements next year. In the meantime, we have to see out his dismal time with a largely inexperienced squad and coach and reduced dollars to fix the problem - all of which everyone well and truly knows.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Wendog - did you see the bit about 2021 with 23 spots to fill and $8.5m to spend? I get the feeling that’s the focus - there will be some big announcements next year. In the meantime, we have to see out his dismal time with a largely inexperienced squad and coach and reduced dollars to fix the problem - all of which everyone well and truly knows.
im no mathematician, but ... we have 7 players off contract this year and youd expect their replacements to at least get a 2 year contract. Contracted players for years 2021 and above equal 6 (Crighton, Napa, Okunbor, Meaney, CHN and Ogden)... so thats 13 confirmed squad members for the start of the 2021 season.. so 23 spots and 8.5 cannot be accurate in the slightest.. unless he means including the recruitment at the end of this season as well ??

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
im no mathematician, but ... we have 7 players off contract this year and youd expect their replacements to at least get a 2 year contract. Contracted players for years 2021 and above equal 6 (Crighton, Napa, Okunbor, Meaney, CHN and Ogden)... so thats 13 confirmed squad members for the start of the 2021 season.. so 23 spots and 8.5 cannot be accurate in the slightest.. unless he means including the recruitment at the end of this season as well ??
I think so, yeah, perhaps my wording wasn’t clear when I said that those 23 spots in ‘21 has to factor in retentions. So it certainly won’t be that many new spots but it will be more than ‘20 when there’s 7 spots. Plus in ‘21 all of those unfavourable deals (back-ended, ratcheted etc) are gone. Another thing Hilly said to me last night is that moving forward contracts will be done more as a % of the cap rather than outright $. That way if the cap moves up or down, so do the $ as opposed to what got us in strife for ‘18 - when we were committed to $ not % on an assumed cap of $10m+, which was we know turned out to be $9.5m. Not that the cap will be moving for at least the next 4 years until there’s a new media deal and the game knows how much revenue it will be getting as its main source of income.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A Brave punter was asked why Martin is not being played in first grade and it was totally dodged. I feel like there is more to the story on that topic.
I was told afterwards that it was for "disciplinary reasons" and that's all I could get.

Go Dogs