Jackson

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Up until this year Jackson was an outstanding defender - this year he continually falls off tackles. Its been a trend across the grades at the dogs this year - players going in hard but not sticking, change in technique???
i believe he had a small chance being picked by freddy, as soon as he was moved to the edge that was all over. lock these days just doesnt have the lateral movement required anymore.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why put brown on with 8 to go. Why not 15-20 to go and give him a good crack since we are playing catch up footy. I swear I used to question Des rotation of the bench but this guy takes stupid to the next level
Brown actually played well considering it was only 8 mins. Agree with you. Should have come on with at least 15 mins to go

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brown actually played well considering it was only 8 mins. Agree with you. Should have come on with at least 15 mins to go
Brown should get two stints because JMK provides no attacking threat at all. The defence can set themselves so much easier when they know there’s nothing coming out from dummy half that’s going to hurt them.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t believe I am saying this but Jackson was shit and his getting worse

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Jackson is average these days compared to the other locks and backrowers in the game these days.
He has gone stale, change of club will do him a world of good.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tackling machines only like Fensom and Dallas Johnson aren’t needed in today’s game. Jacko is similar. He does have offensive ability but can’t remember the last time we saw it

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tackling machines only like Fensom and Dallas Johnson aren’t needed in today’s game. Jacko is similar. He does have offensive ability but can’t remember the last time we saw it
It was a few years ago now but Jacko even played a couple of games at 5/8! He has or had some ball playing and could run lines it’s completely disappeared.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
OMG if Pay knew how to think, he would realise he is NOT an NRL coach at all as this guy has no clue!!!!
HAHA great analysis there 110% agree with you, Deano would break a sweat if he knew how to think, he would need 1,000 panadol cause his head would hurt so much!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one bad game and you guys want him dropped.

He has been one of our best along side tolman.

Both of them have been carrying the team the whole season. It is going to make them tired which will result in errors and mistake eventually.
I must be watching diff games to you. Yea he prob has had some good periods in some games but he hasn’t been captain Material the whole year. I’m not saying he is shit. I just think he hasn’t been playing well atall since getting the c and I think he should find then form he was in a few years ago.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I must be watching diff games to you. Yea he prob has had some good periods in some games but he hasn’t been captain Material the whole year. I’m not saying he is shit. I just think he hasn’t been playing well atall since getting the c and I think he should find then form he was in a few years ago.

look at his work load compare to previous years.

Him and Tolman are carrying the team.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at his work load compare to previous years.

Him and Tolman are carrying the team.
That’s because he is playing in the wrong position.... it’s still no excuse for the shit he has been putting out especially today. I didn’t see Tolman try and jersey grab and I didn’t see Tolman throw stupid passes to no 1 and knock the ball on a couple of times when we were in good attacking positions. Not having a go at ya but I’m just frustrated as he is a lot better player then he has been showing recently

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went downhill as soon as he was made captain. They should take the pressure off him Tolman would be a suitable replacement seems to have more intelligence talking to the refs anyway.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s because he is playing in the wrong position.... it’s still no excuse for the shit he has been putting out especially today. I didn’t see Tolman try and jersey grab and I didn’t see Tolman throw stupid passes to no 1 and knock the ball on a couple of times when we were in good attacking positions. Not having a go at ya but I’m just frustrated as he is a lot better player then he has been showing recently

I am frustrated too, he played for 80 minutes and made 47 tackles.

Previous years he never played full 80 if i am not mistaken.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am frustrated too, he played for 80 minutes and made 47 tackles.

Previous years he never played full 80 if i am not mistaken.
He did last year a fair bit.... but anyway we can sook all we want lol ain’t gona change anything I guess :(

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Jackson is someone who's a key cog of a good team but not someone who can be 'the man' in a struggling team

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately Josh's form has dropped but by bit over the last few seasons and he's not even tackling well these days. Add to that his lack of a passing game or general skill and it's quite concerning.

He's definitely not the right choice for captain in terms of responsibility and talking to refs. And he should definitely never play on an edge again. He's so much better at lock.