Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we lose, a lengthy injury to Ponga or (preferably) Klemmer will be sufficient.

Kick off, Klemmer gets the ball, first hitup, smashes into Napa, falls awkwardly with his stupid arsed goose-step, and tears his MCL.

Ponga goes down it's Knights season over... and the wankfest stops.
I hope Big Papi Rios Klem in half..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOl
Well it looks like I was right and so was my info
Haha
Never doubt me again haha
What was your prediction again? I remember reading it but now cant find it and cant remember what you said.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
"Foxsports.com.au understands the axings are a result of that poor defence, and Pay has sounded a warning to the playing group to shape up."
If we are going by the above quote in the article then:
Lewis' defence has been excellent.... Should not have been dropped.
Martin's defence has been solid.... Should not have been dropped.
Holland's defence has been sh!t house all year. He should have been the only one dropped.

Agree. Pay has no idea what he is doing. This year and next year are going to be absolutely woeful.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He will if we don’t win a game again this season
Nope, not a chance.

If the board sack him they are doing exactly what the old board did with Hasler (and what they heavily criticise the old board for), except they are front and centre to him being re-signed.

Would make them look like massive hypocrites, and cost them all their jobs on the board.

Absolutely no way will the club sack him when board elections are coming up Feb 2020. If they did they may as well all stand down now as well.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BRING BACK DES.

EVEN TOOVEY WITH BK AS ASSISTANT
The only problem I had with Des and it was a big problem was his recruitment and retention and the fact he was given full control, hence our shitty salary cap position he put us in.
But Des could coach and a much better coach than Pay.

Sometimes I wonder if Dib never sacked Des and he was our coach when the new board came. Things might have been different. The new board would have taken control back off Des, and left Des to just coach. But we'll never find out.
Don't get me wrong I was happy to see the back of him but it would have been interesting.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope, not a chance.

If the board sack him they are doing exactly what the old board did with Hasler (and what they heavily criticise the old board for), except they are front and centre to him being re-signed.

Would make them look like massive hypocrites, and cost them all their jobs on the board.

Absolutely no way will the club sack him when board elections are coming up Feb 2020. If they did they may as well all stand down now as well.
They will wen the memberships aren't coming in lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs halfback Lachlan Lewis(dropped) and back-rower Corey Harawira-Naera (personal reasons) have not travelled with the side to Brisbane and will be replaced by Foran and Ofahiki Ogden.

Pay said Rhyse Martin and Kerrod Holland have travelled with the squad and remain a chance to play but NRL.com understands the pair are also set to be omitted with Marcelo Montoya and Chris Smith expected to earn recalls.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think pays selections suck but i have a feeling montoya will play well

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not a chance.

I think if they don’t sack him it will be worse for them come election time. Bulldogs members are proud supporters, we don’t cop the embarrassment Pay has submerged us in this year.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The middle defence is the problem not the outside edge.We leak easy metres and then the edge defenders creep in leaving huge gaps out wide.Jacko is trying to plug the gaps but needs help from the middle defenders.Tolman is a pillow in defence hence he makes so many tackles but mostly ineffective.Napa hasn’t had enough game time to make an impact yet so give him time.
Pay needs to address this problem first as it won’t matter who he has as edge defenders if he doesn’t. That is what a coach does but nearly 40 games later and it’s still our biggest problem.Coaches creed is get your defence right and attack will follow..
Next coaching tip to follow lol.