How long will this club stay at the bottom?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TK does my head in sometimes. We’ll make the 8 in 2020/21 with this team add a player or 2. Look at our experience compared to other sides and we are putting in decent efforts at least. These kids will get better. I heard the stat today Reimis Smith has 14 tries in 20 games. Look how shit we’ve been?? Imagine when we are good. The talent is there we just need some experience under our belt. I’m still fuming we lost cook because I think that’s the one position we are missing
Not if Pay is in charge. The guy clearly has no idea. Takes a while for him to drop under performing players as well as using the same tactic which clearly don't work.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He would do Cogger a world of good. Cogger has some good traits and with the right coach he would be a very decent half.

Pay cant get his forward rotations correct and he is an ex-forward, so he is no chance in teaching and improving Coggers game
Cogger needs Kimmorley.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are 1 player short. If we had a million dollar half ( Cronk , Thurston) our attack would be a whole lot better and instead of losing by small margins we would be winning these close games. At the moment we don’t have any direction in attack and it’s woeful to watch. We have been the worse attacking team for 7? Years.

This team busts its arse week in week out we just lack some quality because there is some youthful talent in the side.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a very weak squad - enthusiasm and effort and lack of options keeps players in fg and the team competitive most weeks. Im hoping for a huge turnover of players at the end of the year - even those with year to go on contracts ie contracted till the end of 2020 - many will start, at least managers will start, looking for longer contracts elsewhere. As someone wrote elsewhere in few years ou can look back on this squad as one of the weakest assembled.
My confidence in the new board has been diminished by the resigning of Okunbor - shows they too are hoodwinked by "mythical potential" and easily pressed into panic signings based on two good runs.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I fully agree, I'm getting pretty fed up with the same old excuses made by PAY at every post match press conference, " we made to many errors' ", well why the fuck doesn't he do something about it. He is the luckiest coach in the whole comp, he can hide behind the fact that we are rebuilding & it's a young, inexperienced side & get away with it, He already has an extension on his contract after 2 wins & 6 losses any other coach would be very nervous & facing the axe, but I think this board is as clueless as the coach, I mean really this the greatest Rugby League run competition in the world, and all the other 15 clubs seem to have their act together except us,(one of the richest clubs in the league ) we are fielding a reserve grade side that can't seem to match it with any other team and no one except the supporters seems to care, The NRL & our own board members have destroyed our club. This salary cap has really evened things up alright,if your the Roosters or Melbourne. What a fucking Joke and no one bothers to stand up & state the fucking obvious.
Need I point out that the Broncos and Panthers both got smashed over the weekend, have way better teams then us on paper, and are on equal points. But no, we should all crucify every aspect of our club.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
turn the table upside down an we is on top

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Panthers are fucked with injuries.. Titans getting lucky at the moment.

Teams like Raiders, Tigers, Warriors, and Knights will eventually start their mid season demise.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need I point out that the Broncos and Panthers both got smashed over the weekend, have way better teams then us on paper, and are on equal points. But no, we should all crucify every aspect of our club.
What the hell are you talking about, so you're happy with the way things are going at our club, are you ? we are sitting at the bottom of the table with 2 wins and six losses we are destined for the wooden spoon and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. I don't really give a dam what's happening at the Broncos & the Panthers, I am sure if you go to their forums their supporters would be just as disgruntled as we are. when something deserves to be praised then we praise it but at the moment we are critical of the situation & that's why we are lucky to have this forum so we can vent our anger & frustration, Anyway your a hypocrite, I have read posts. by you where you have you also have been critical.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s killing me at the moment always being down and all the shit with cap
This board better fix things up very quickly
These staff members just take their money and run
From top to bottom

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about, so you're happy with the way things are going at our club, are you ? we are sitting at the bottom of the table with 2 wins and six losses we are destined for the wooden spoon and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. I don't really give a dam what's happening at the Broncos & the Panthers, I am sure if you go to their forums their supporters would be just as disgruntled as we are. when something deserves to be praised then we praise it but at the moment we are critical of the situation & that's why we are lucky to have this forum so we can vent our anger & frustration, Anyway your a hypocrite, I have read posts. by you where you have you also have been critical.
Lol yeah that's exactly what I meant.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club made some great strides today off the field...

This team isn't as bad as everyone is thinking, doesn't matter where we finish outside the 8, we were never going to make the 8.

We are short a couple of players, reality is we got screwed! The core group of this team will get better and mixed with a couple of strike players in 2021 we will rise.

This is the period after 1988 and before 1993 all over again.
yep pretty much nailed it

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need to point we are last my friend?Stoic displays over last few rounds, sure, but we still lose. Hope you get it. We are easily 7/8 players short. If you think we’re just a couple short of challenging, I’d say your insane and know nothing about the game. We all understand some sort of salary cap bungle has occurred but as a fan I want results or or I leave. NRL is getting harder and harder to follow each year and when the side you support is as poor as ours, I’m entitled to feel disenfranchised. I hate excuses and our club if full of them unfortunately
The point may be as a whole their are not enough marquee players or superstars now as there was in years gone by

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TK does my head in sometimes. We’ll make the 8 in 2020/21 with this team add a player or 2. Look at our experience compared to other sides and we are putting in decent efforts at least. These kids will get better. I heard the stat today Reimis Smith has 14 tries in 20 games. Look how shit we’ve been?? Imagine when we are good. The talent is there we just need some experience under our belt. I’m still fuming we lost cook because I think that’s the one position we are missing
I don’t care about the 8 what I care about is Gf wins premierships I lived the 80s yeh I’m spoilt no gf wins since 04 15 yrs of failure not good enough I’m sorry cos we are the dogs nothing else matters

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club sit on its hands in the open market, and persists with fringe first graders, we'll be wooden spoon contenders for a long time. We need to jag a couple of huge signings, and things will start to turn.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
If the club sit on its hands in the open market, and persists with fringe first graders, we'll be wooden spoon contenders for a long time. We need to jag a couple of huge signings, and things will start to turn.
Everyone knows and wants it to happen but they cannot sign marquee players without cap space.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone knows and wants it to happen but they cannot sign marquee players without cap space.
You only have to look at our lower grades to see there is little to get excited about there either the only ones performing are SGBall and Harold Matthews players . Srry state of affairs on all sides. Its no good blaming new young talent and making lame excuses. For those that don't know or were too young to know a certain little known coach by the name of Ted Glossop took the dogs to glory he only played afew games of reserve grade in his playing time. The team he had was young and youthful but they sure knew how to play football and throw the ball around and they became known as "the entertainers" If the club has any footage of that team I suggest they sit all the club teams down and show them how it is done. I am sure the knockers will say ahh but that was when the rules were different. rugby league rules are always evolving get used of it boys play to your strengths and show others that you will not lie down and be the laughing stock of the league and the press. I rest my case

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we win by 80+ on the weekend we move to 10th.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Till today. Now Penrith are last on F/A