Phil Rothfield savaged over claims "James Maloney may leave Panthers."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so edited the thread slightly.

A few days back Phil Rothfield wrote the following article. It now turns out to be BS, James Maloney has called Rothfield out on it, and now Twitter users are absolutely hammering Rothfield and he's rage quit Twitter for 48 hours over it.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/8159784415a53e4c64e7efe381f6535c

PANTHERS MAY OFFLOAD JIMMY

STATE of Origin star James Maloney is likely to quit Penrith at the end of the season.

The veteran five-eighth has another year to run on his contract but there are opportunities for him to sign a lucrative three-year deal to finish his career in England on a multimillion-dollar deal.

Maloney was obviously not happy about being dumped as Penrith captain by Ivan Cleary. He previously had a tight relationship with Anthony Griffin, who rated him as smart a player as the great Darren Lockyer.

Maloney, who turns 33 in June, has in recent weeks been noticeably down on form and his general mood. His poor combination with the coach’s son Nathan in the halves has been the talk of the game.

“He’s not happy losing,” is the explanation from his long-time agent Wayne Beavis.

Maloney and Foran... YES PLEASE!

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/8159784415a53e4c64e7efe381f6535c

PANTHERS MAY OFFLOAD JIMMY

STATE of Origin star James Maloney is likely to quit Penrith at the end of the season.

The veteran five-eighth has another year to run on his contract but there are opportunities for him to sign a lucrative three-year deal to finish his career in England on a multimillion-dollar deal.

Maloney was obviously not happy about being dumped as Penrith captain by Ivan Cleary. He previously had a tight relationship with Anthony Griffin, who rated him as smart a player as the great Darren Lockyer.

Maloney, who turns 33 in June, has in recent weeks been noticeably down on form and his general mood. His poor combination with the coach’s son Nathan in the halves has been the talk of the game.

“He’s not happy losing,” is the explanation from his long-time agent Wayne Beavis.

Maloney and Foran... YES PLEASE!
“He’s not happy losing,”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No thanks. Maloney is a very good player but for the kind of money and long term deal he'd be after, I rather the club looked elsewhere and got better value for money.

We can't go after a 33 year old half.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't read into it too much - he's just one of those players who needs a change of scenery every few years. Good luck to him in ESL.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Strikes me as a wigan Warriors signing... would like him to end up at Wakefield to replace Brough as he's like 35

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Panthers / Player Agent are floating this now for a potential ESL/NRL player swap next year.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should of signed Maloney when he left the roosters. Too little too late

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jimmy still ok, is losing a little every year! Will go good in ESL next to round out a good career..!!

lol BUZzz !!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how these scum make shit up, get called out for it and then back track saying "I didn't mean that, I meant this..."

They're pathological liars and I'm glad Maloney came out and hammered him. More players should do the same when shit is completely made up so it can hold these parasites accountable. It wont change anything probably, but at least it will destroy their reputation further and show them for what they really are.