Where does Lewis Belong ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Foran was sparking our attack before getting injured. Lewis is getting caught out because teams know they can rush him and he panics.

Also Lewis is a ball runner, not an organising half.
Foran was playing well, but is always only a game or two away from another long term injury. He’s not a viable, reliable option in the short term, let alone the long term. As good as he can be, we’d be better off without him. He isn’t worth his price tag even at his best.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get the impression that Lewis is his own biggest critic. To an extent I think that much of the pressure on him comes from within. He's young and will fluctuate in quality to some extent. It's a huge learning curve for him and Cogger right now. Both need time to work out what they have time to do when they get the ball since at this level the pressure on halves is huge. Opposition defenders know that applying pressure to young halves will often force them to make rushed choices. We as fans will need some patience with them both.

Ideally we could pair either of these two with a playmaker that absorbs some of the pressure. Unfortunately they're both facing a baptism of fire. They will hopefully get better each week. But mass criticism from fans won't help with building confidence in them.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put him at 14. Can cover centre havles. Or just come on and roam around in the middle. i.e morgan ponga in origin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put him at 14. Can cover centre havles. Or just come on and roam around in the middle. i.e morgan ponga in origin
Not a bad call

I’d have him in the 17 somewhere

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Two types of people...

Some that think they can run before they crawl...

Some that know they need to crawl before they walk..

Sure he screws up but EVERYBODY does. Kids developing into a premium footballer.

And mind you he saved 2 tries with his ability to read a game. Kids class.
If it was Brookes or mosses making those plays he would be hammered. A 2nd year half regardless of experience shouldn't be throwing some of passes or making the decision he makes. That's shit mentality that we take mediocrity until that 1 day he decides his matured. He defends well like an old school 6, he attacks like a park 6. We will agree to disagree on this.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hayne dropped many balls and got a shot each week.
So did Lockyer in his 1st test. How is that any comparisons to Lewis making 4 or 5 errors a game with shit passes or shit reserve grade plays. I'm saying is if this was the old days when we would have depth he would have had a 3 game stink in reserve.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meany
2. Okunbur
3. Hoppa
4. Lewis
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Odgen
15. Toomaga/Fualalo
16. Elliot
17. Holland

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it was Brookes or mosses making those plays he would be hammered. A 2nd year half regardless of experience shouldn't be throwing some of passes or making the decision he makes. That's shit mentality that we take mediocrity until that 1 day he decides his matured. He defends well like an old school 6, he attacks like a park 6. We will agree to disagree on this.
Nah. Find me a half in the game who don't fcuk up. Fcuk me Cooper Cronk belted it out of the field playing for the premiers the other night.

Most of you have no idea what we got... Stop clutching at straws.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay has been developing Lewis to play like a half should. He has been playing like a backrower, and shouldnt be doing that.
He makes far to many front on tackles for a half (and does them well). But he needs to concentrate more on the
organising side of the game. He and Cogger will develop into a good pairing.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When foran does come back Pay should give Lewis and Cogger a half each along side Foran do a bit of learning while foran is fit. Get rid of licha off the bench.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah then he gets home sick and the broncos take him back after we done all the hard work .I'm seriously worried about this situation he will say I've always wanted to play for Brisbane just like my uncle .I really hope I'm wrong.
The kid will be our captain. Bulldog through and through

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He belongs in the halves, the kid just needs a good coach and/or a good halves coach that will teach him to become a good half. Still young but yeah Dean Pay ain't the answer for him.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nah. Find me a half in the game who don't fcuk up. Fcuk me Cooper Cronk belted it out of the field playing for the premiers the other night.

Most of you have no idea what we got... Stop clutching at straws.
Drink has 1 fuck up and you remember it. That's the difference .

Malla

Reaction score
Lol some of these comments are laughable.

Plastic fans

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont forget Lewis is being marked more closely than ever before...he is a great player in the making...I personally think he will end up a lock somewhere down the track but for now he is a 6 not that it matters these days

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's like you have shot Bambie if you criticise Lewis here for some but there are parts of his game that deserve criticism.

His passing game and attacking options have left a lot to be desired this year. His passing or running game has never been his strong point.

If anyone is happy with his last tackle options they are easily please because he has been taking the wrong one more often then not.

I'm not sure if its a directive from Pay but it seems Cogger and even Foran earlier in the season have been taking much more of the kicks in general play.

He isn't getting anywhere near the time or space he had last year which he is struggling to adjust to.

I know some here really rate him highly but to me he is just a average half at best with great defence and that can only get you so far. He might improve or he might not only time will tell.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is developing nicely. Who knows if he'll be average or very good longer term - he's only had a dozen or so FG games. He is showing leadership on the field and his defence shows his heart is in it. His game against Melbourne was excellent. I don't care about a few errors or a bad game here and there from the young bloke.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kids barely new to NRL and people already attacking him....

He isn't bad playing enough to be dropped and I think he will only get better and be a long term solution.

He's only going to get better in attack and his game management will improve with the more NRL he plays. Give him time he is a future star IMO