7 wakeham
6 cogger
15 jmk
Lichaa never to be seen again please

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably back next week but he’s only had one game in reserve grade his whole career. He would need a fair few games before his ready for NRL.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picking more kids from lower grades isn't always going to be the answer. Look at Okunbur people are now calling for his head.

It's going to be a long few years.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Wakeham is a #6 more then a #7. I have been saying that Cogger needs that #7 jersey and the keys to the offence, he was hailed for his leadership and game ownership/management when he was at the Knights, his defence is suspect but there have been many great halfbacks that have shocking defence anyway

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Long way off NRL i would leave him in cup for 2-3 seasons yet.
Would be happy to see Cogger develop and succeed, but the club doesnt have the right coaches, systems and structures in place to allow that to happen so i dont see how he improves at this point. Would much prefer stealing Brodie Croft tbh, as that would at least negate Lewis' inability to ran the ball with any real effort.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Wakeham is a #6 more then a #7. I have been saying that Cogger needs that #7 jersey and the keys to the offence, he was hailed for his leadership and game ownership/management when he was at the Knights, his defence is suspect but there have been many great halfbacks that have shocking defence anyway
Yep Cogger at 6 is a failure he's an organiser... but lewis wants to do that, so its easy to see why our attack is so disjointed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wakeham is still very "raw" as a player. I see him more as a ball runner like Lewis / Foran than an organiser.

Unike Foran who takes the ball to the line, Wakeham tends to act as a link man to bring other players into the game.

He's had one NSW Cup game and failed to take control alongside Cleeland when scores were level and there was like 15 minutes left. Nicholls from Dragons kicked a field goal to seal the game. Sure not entirely his fault, but still should be mentioned.

If not back this week as a late inclusion, expect him back next week.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting watching reserve grade tomorrow hopefully renouf and others step up

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again Cogger didn't do much today. He put in that nice grubber for Hollands near try but other than that he didn't get involved much. He's just a stop gap solution in my opinion.

But as others have said, Wakeham needs time in reserves to first get over his injury and secondly get used to playing against men consistently. Hopefully later in the year he's given a chance if he's ready. I rate him and hope he takes his chance as we desperately need another playmaker.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Will be interesting watching reserve grade tomorrow hopefully renouf and others step up
Hope they blow the doors off them tomorrow.

Big chance for blokes to win back spots (e.g Montoya, Crichton, RFM, and Nu Brown) if they really dig in.

TV game too.. 3:15PM.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Renouf really needs to aim up, has a massive opportunity here.

Seeing him in the pre season he looked overweight and in the trials looked lazy.

Hope his attitude is back in the game...because we’re desperate for another big body!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep Cogger at 6 is a failure he's an organiser... but lewis wants to do that, so its easy to see why our attack is so disjointed.
Idk what Lewis wants to do, really don't think he has a long-term future in the halves. No real ball player, no ball runner, no kicking game or control...he really needed to build on these areas yet he has gone backwards. He's the best we have but without his composure and confidence he really doesn't bring anything more to the table in terms of attack.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh for now, don’t know/haven’t seen Or heard a lot about the bloke, doesn’t sound ready for FG anyway.