Dog gone? Why Dean Pay has six rounds to save his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Motivational coach? What's he going to teach, how to sledge and then literally run back and hide behind someone?

People can handle the truth but if you're going to point something out, offer a solution. Don't just point out the obvious and jack off over your own voice. Virtually everyone on this site won't deny we're shit.

He's just another media lackey now like the rest of them.
You serious?? You're bringing up the one time he used flight over fight. Since that one time he's never backed down, he overcame that survival skill to lead our team to victory many times over.
When he shit talks our team its coming from a place deep in his bulldogs DNA.. He once captained the doggies in case you forgot. He shoved Des haslers bullshit game plan up his arse and with strategy, determination and educated risks led us up to the 2014 grand final. No respect

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You serious?? You're bringing up the one time he used flight over fight. Since that one time he's never backed down, he overcame that survival skill to lead our team to victory many times over.
When he shit talks our team its coming from a place deep in his bulldogs DNA.. He once captained the doggies in case you forgot. He shoved Des haslers bullshit game plan up his arse and with strategy, determination and educated risks led us up to the 2014 grand final. No respect
I can assure you, he yapped and ran more than once. I'd call him a cat but my leopard bites me on occasions when I piss her off. She knows I can overpower her just she still comes at me. She's a neutered female that has more balls than Ennis.

Dude, he's got more DNA in him than a Kardashian. He's taken half the nrl's.

You're right, I don't respect someone who talks shit and doesn't offer any solutions. Why should I?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you may laugh but I believe that Mick Ennis would be the ideal young coach to move this club forward. He was our Captain, played in 2 GF's, he is smart, has a football brain, an excellent communicator and being young will blend in with our young inexperienced players moving forward.
Mick says it as it is and does not take shit from anyone + he is a mongrel which our team lacks in great quantity at the moment
I've heard worse ideas. In fact, I'd support it. Not that he'd give up his life as a pundit for the enormous rebuilding task this club has in front of it. I can't think of any aspiring coach who would.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Robinson won the challenge cup in England before he came.. same as Mcguire

They both had experience coaching a FG team in England before taking over an NRL team..

Our last 2 rookie coaches though Bulldogs people have been duds... McGuire a premiership winninh coach has started awesome at the Tigers.. it ended bad at Souths but he got them a premiership after a 50 year drought..

We are too big a club to take punt on a rookie coach especially now when we are a rabble on the field and in our roster..
Robinson won the challenge cup in England before he came.. same as Mcguire

They both had experience coaching a FG team in England before taking over an NRL team..

Our last 2 rookie coaches though Bulldogs people have been duds... McGuire a premiership winninh coach has started awesome at the Tigers.. it ended bad at Souths but he got them a premiership after a 50 year drought..

We are too big a club to take punt on a rookie coach especially now when we are a rabble on the field and in our roster..
We tried to get Madge but he looked at our books and said no.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess all is forgiven for what happened with their fans and the viking clap, haha.
Still one of the funniest things I have seen on the football field in recent times. Sterling was being his usual conservative self blowing up about it at the time.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sacking coaches mid season is grubby in my books we can’t make a dent this year with the roster we have let him see out the season and go from there

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard worse ideas. In fact, I'd support it. Not that he'd give up his life as a pundit for the enormous rebuilding task this club has in front of it. I can't think of any aspiring coach who would.
Funnily enough I agree too, although I also believe he wouldn't give up his commentary gig - much better job security. I would give him a junior side first and let this and maybe next season pass before 1st grade, so as not to set him up to fail.

No coach can do anything amazing with this squad and we do expect the best. This is why we won't attract a quality name until our cap is in order and we can spend more. We should be focussing on our juniors and other clubs' most talented juniors, front loading contracts of our current players we want to keep long term where we can (and never backloading again as a hard rule), and also when shedding expensive players, not wasting that money on a Napa.

Don't see the point in sacking Pay as who will we get in his place and will they even get better results.

Unfortunately this is where we are at thanks to the irresponsible actions and complete negligence from Rae, Ray and Des. It's a long road back to the top and we need to be patient and realistic. Our sqaud is one of the worst. These are the tough times that many other clubs have endured over the years and we need to stick by the club.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying our club doesn’t breed good players just take a look at our players we have brought through and let go. Cook, taupau, finucane, sezer, Klemmer, mbye, Reynolds, ese’ese just to name a few. We have still produced them non stop over the years and then let them go to become great players elsewhere. Even keighran is looking like a decent half after all these years of having shocking halves and one of our young fellas puts a masterclass on us for the warriors. The team that could’ve been is so much more depressing than what we are left with. We made so many good players leave. This is why Ogden and toomago need to be worked on and retained before they too progress their career elsewhere. Marty and finucane still in our team would’ve been amazing. Not to mention cook over our pathetic hooker stocks....
One word ....Des

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sacking coaches mid season is grubby in my books we can’t make a dent this year with the roster we have let him see out the season and go from there
But then who makes the call on any potential recruitment for the next year ? The current coach that’s not staying ? Or the board that won’t be coaching the team. The whole situation is shit for everyone

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So u let the players fall further behind for another 12 months before u would do anything about it. None of them can even pass, kick or tackle anymore.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does everyone seem to know that no other coach could do a better job. Well no other coach could do a fucking worse job so lets give some other **** a go.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What is he saying that isn't true?

The more heat from the media the better it is as far as I'm concerned.......This will either make or break Pay.
It's not that what the majority of what he's saying is wrong in this instance, it's just that he has been incessantly flapping his gums and talking shit about this club since he left, has a clear axe to grind and the crocodile tears are transparent and gross. He's been gunning for Pay from day one and he fails to even acknowledge that this young side showed some good spirit to finish last year well after a nightmare season in which we had to release numerous players and had our so called million dollar man sitting on the sidelines.

If he's being fair and honest, why doesn't he talk about the widespread cheating and cultural problems at his beloved Cronulla and his tainted premiership ring? Because he's an agenda driven dickhead, that's why. Sad to see where the club is at? This prick is loving it!

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So u let the players fall further behind for another 12 months before u would do anything about it. None of them can even pass, kick or tackle anymore.
Yep they play for their futures or it’s goodbye

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But then who makes the call on any potential recruitment for the next year ? The current coach that’s not staying ? Or the board that won’t be coaching the team. The whole situation is shit for everyone
recruitment committee draft Ennis and kimmorly

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
How does everyone seem to know that no other coach could do a better job. Well no other coach could do a fucking worse job so lets give some other **** a go.
Not totally agreeing or disagreeing just wondering do you think Pay would perform better with the Roosters or Storms rosters. Some blame has to lie with the players they are paid big money and at this level they shouldn't need to be shown how to pass and tackle surely.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One ex-player who is new-ish to the media is fast losing friends at his old club.

His recent comments about the club's predicament have not gone down well, disappointing plenty in the process.

He may be in for a surprise next time he asks for free tickets to games.

- Lurker

Sure sounds like Ennis to me?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not to sound boastful or arrogant...... but I always said pay should have Been sacked round 10 last year. People saw illusions of improvements. I saw none. People were happy losing as long as we attacked good lol. I’d rather win ugly than lose like fairies. People seriously surprised that we’re going shit under ou baffles me, I mean quite mediocre on the intellectual area, but I managed to see that pay was a shit Kent before he even took over. The first warning sign before the season started he complained about our draw being against hard teams lol. I mean Kevin Moore has a better first season as coach from a much much worse previous season probably the worst in history with the walk out of sbw and losing our best players. But Moore took us to prelims the following year rightfully got a contract extension and rightfully was fkd off for not building on 09 season. Jim dymick ffs in those last rounds in 011 had the boys playing so much better than the guys did last year under pay. When dymmick took over at the end of 17 again he showed his potential in the little one he was head coach. People started saying wow Lichaa is a machine wtf. But no let’s choose the coach who’s nice and let’s the players feel safe.

- your humble kennel servant realist90

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Ennis is really fukin clever. Has he come up with anything that isn't stating the obvious yet? Fukin loser!

I don't know about Pay either way but I don't think any coach running around could get much out of this talentless team. We had to release any player that resembled a marquee, bought budget and hopefuls just to get to 30 players and here we are. What coach could get a win out of this lot? Then dipshit chimes in and says Pay's job's on the line, him and Mbye of all people were part of this supposed "proud" club for a long time? Yeah so proud that Mbye never repaid anything back in the form of playing well. Yeah everyone listen to this ****.
Hasler got a lot out of the team Moore couldn’t get out of in 2011 lol. Pay is pure and simple a shit **** and defending him with justifications and excuses doesn’t change the facts. Facts are 76 points against us in two games. Facts are he thinks we did good besides the intercepts lol. Facts are he is a deadset shit fuck

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funnily enough I agree too, although I also believe he wouldn't give up his commentary gig - much better job security. I would give him a junior side first and let this and maybe next season pass before 1st grade, so as not to set him up to fail.

No coach can do anything amazing with this squad and we do expect the best. This is why we won't attract a quality name until our cap is in order and we can spend more. We should be focussing on our juniors and other clubs' most talented juniors, front loading contracts of our current players we want to keep long term where we can (and never backloading again as a hard rule), and also when shedding expensive players, not wasting that money on a Napa.

Don't see the point in sacking Pay as who will we get in his place and will they even get better results.

Unfortunately this is where we are at thanks to the irresponsible actions and complete negligence from Rae, Ray and Des. It's a long road back to the top and we need to be patient and realistic. Our sqaud is one of the worst. These are the tough times that many other clubs have endured over the years and we need to stick by the club.
Is the worst!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.