Constructive criticism

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are the most inexperienced team in the comp... Maybe not all rookies or whatever, but not much game time at the top level across the park, and it shows, and then you throw in the fact that many of these guys haven't played together before
Probably should have had some full trials to at least work combinations and fitness but Pay didn’t think it was worth it (second year straight)

He needs to start CHN at Centre or backrow, drop RFM to bench

Find a spot for Meaney, Ogden, C Smith and Martin fk even give Okunbor a run for size alone

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think we have to work on defence a lot and by watching yesterdays game the rest will fall into place.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally I think we have to work on defence a lot and by watching yesterdays game the rest will fall into place.
Agree but defence is all about attitude and we have been slapped in consecutive games to start the season

How can our boys be lacking in any motivation to start a season?

Why are we unfit and clueless?

Where’s the ‘madness’ and ‘eyes up footy’ and ‘siege mentality ‘ that’s been pedalled out

Worrying signs and not sure Pay knows how to fix anything

You give 17 guys a reprieve and they slap you in the face with another shit performance

‘Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me’

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its crazy to start a season ignoring promising combinations that your discovered last year.. that for me is the most concerning thing I have seen this year.

Also the use of the bench yesterday was terrible and contributed to our slump in that game..

I was not impressed with Pays nonchalant attitude in the press conference, almost as though he was ok with the performance..

I was willing to give py the benefit of the doubt last year but my patience is running thin now, mainly due to the preseason lies, positional selections and the attitude in the presser..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

This is what I am thinking.
Yes we are hamstrung by salary cap constraints but this is still a lot of Pays fault as he has got the composition of the team totally wrong. We are loaded with second rowers but weak in every department, most notable in the spine and centre positions.

My questions to Pay that he will never answer.
Where are our points coming from? Where are our strike players?
Why did you make your first priority as a coach be to re-sign Lichaa?
Why did you not recruit a centre in the off-season after Morris turned us down and Klem left?
Why did you not stick with the team winning at the back end of last season?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The following players played poorly IMO 3,2 & 1 in the reverse.

1/ Josh Jackson. (3 points)
2/ Dylan Napa (2 points)
3/ Marcelo Montoya (1 point)

The following had a go......
1/ Kieran Foran (3 points)
2/ Reimis Smith (2 points)
3/ Raymond Faitala-Mariner (1 point)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

2/ Dylan Napa (2 points)

Napa wasn’t poor

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Jackson has been one of the worst players on the field in the opening 2 games

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

2/ Dylan Napa (2 points)

Disagree on Napa

Poor players were Holland, Crichton, Montoya

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree on Napa

Poor players were Holland, Crichton, Montoya
Cant believe how bad holland has been playing. He was one of the form players for us at the end of last year. Gone are the offloads and his gap running. Guess the halves and backs cant do much when the forwards arent winning in the middle

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think its crazy to start a season ignoring promising combinations that your discovered last year.. that for me is the most concerning thing I have seen this year.

Also the use of the bench yesterday was terrible and contributed to our slump in that game..

I was not impressed with Pays nonchalant attitude in the press conference, almost as though he was ok with the performance..

I was willing to give py the benefit of the doubt last year but my patience is running thin now, mainly due to the preseason lies, positional selections and the attitude in the presser..
I think Deano was a shell-shocked and broken man in that presser. He was speaking the words but he knows there are no excuses. It's a cruel business and I feel sorry for him.