Are we in trouble?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with the position des raeleen and co left the club and team in, i would have thought at least 2 seasons to be competitive and in a position to challenge. but after today i have seen we are in a lot of pain and trouble for several seasons to come,

our team is well below what is needed to be competitive
we need a top line coach
we need to be a club that can attract and sign good players again
we need to have a base of young quality players
we need to stop giving players 1 more year or another contract when they are not performing

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Warriors at home are not the team you want for the first round when you are a struggling team with new players. Especially hard if they have the bulk of possession with their size and speed.
We were never beating the Warriors today.

1. Haven't beaten them since 2014 at home.
2. They had bulk of possession.
3. They just had a major terror attack days ago which impacted the entire nation. They were hungry to win for their country.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Warriors were hot today, like they were in their trials and we were under. Too soon to call the season off or be calling for the coach to be sacked etc. Pretty sure Warriors would have put a score on any side that showed up there today. Hope we bounce back.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need somebody to “Make the Bulldogs great again!”

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shows how little the training the house down hype matters. I feel stupid I "drank the Coolaid" and believed it.

I do think the terror attack and subsequent big crowd helped the Kiwis. Not to sound selfish, but why does shit like that always happen when we have to play a team. Remember Ricky putting a huge rocket up the Raiders and Sezer last season right before we had to play them.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to just accept Foran was a shit Des recruitment and he will never justify whatever we are paying him.

He's not even first grade quality.
He played like a bloke with a limp dick trying to fuck a model

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

3. They just had a major terror attack days ago which impacted the entire nation. They were hungry to win for their country.
What a cop out!

1.We were 7/8 in the last games against the Warriors.
2. Getting the bulk of possession isn’t something that magically happens! It’s through bad play.
3. Once players are on the park those things aren’t even in the players minds.

The Warriors were more then beatable and the attitude we played with was disgusting.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

The ball went their way too. The day was the Warrior's day for sure. The Dogs were under the pump and ran out of answers. Can't predict a season on the round one performance, but the size of the win is cause for worry.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Warriors were hot today, like they were in their trials and we were under. Too soon to call the season off or be calling for the coach to be sacked etc. Pretty sure Warriors would have put a score on any side that showed up there today. Hope we bounce back.
No matter how hot they were, we were trash in every single part of our game. There is not one thing that we can build off. Strength is shit, fitness is shit, defence shit, attack shit, forwards shit, backs shit. Worst team I have seen in the nrl in who knows how long. We never looked like getting to their 20, without a penalty. In saying all that, I always knew we were a bottom 4 side, but nothing had me believing we were as shit as today.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s nervous times ahead, something’s gotta give. We need change fast.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the warriors did play well, they were way more powerful than us. We have issues but its not all doom and gloom. We really need to up our fitness, that is definatlety one area there is no excuse for.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
up shit creek without a paddle

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not gonna start panicking until round 10. Parra beat the warriors first round 40-10 in 2013 and then got the wooden spoon, they did it again in 2015 flogging Manly 42-12 only to finish 12th.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a big worry that Parrascum are actually favourites next week. It's hard to argue against that too based on today.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep, big time !
We have no size and not 1 X factor player in the team !!! Long year ahead......

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the Knights, Tigers, and Sea Eagles I can't see any difference in their playing styles to the Dog's. I think they would have struggled to score a point against the Warriors - so maybe we need a few more games to assess how we'll go this season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The warriors were made to look good. it wasn't even a strong warriors side.