News Pay: "We're playing for so much more than just ourselves"

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/03/07/pay-were-playing-for-so-much-more-than-just-ourselves/

This year, we understand we are playing for so much more than just ourselves.

We understand we are playing for you, our members.

We’re playing for our community and our area.

We’re playing for our fiercely loyal supporters outside our area.

We’re playing for our Bulldog people this year.

I have spoken to the playing group to make sure that we understand who we are playing for this year. It’s not just about ourselves, but much bigger for who we want to play for.

We understand as a playing group, that when we have a good week, you have a good week.

We want our members to feel proud about our club. To feel good about our club. To feel good about our players. To feel good about our team and that’s what we are aiming to do this year.

Some of our players and staff this year have had some real challenges over the last few months and that’s only brought us closer together.

I understand when someone attacks us. You see that and you feel that as well.

Now more than ever. We need to stick together as a club and make sure we pull together under all the adversity that has been chucked at us.

We need that. Our playing group needs it. You need it and that’s why we’re playing for all you people this year.

We’re playing for something that’s far bigger than ourselves and I want to stop people looking down at us.

I want to stop people looking down at our team. Stop people looking down at our community and stop people looking down at our Bulldog people.

And that’s what we’re playing for this year!

Dean Pay

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/03/07/pay-were-playing-for-so-much-more-than-just-ourselves/

This year, we understand we are playing for so much more than just ourselves.

We understand we are playing for you, our members.

We’re playing for our community and our area.

We’re playing for our fiercely loyal supporters outside our area.

We’re playing for our Bulldog people this year.

I have spoken to the playing group to make sure that we understand who we are playing for this year. It’s not just about ourselves, but much bigger for who we want to play for.

We understand as a playing group, that when we have a good week, you have a good week.

We want our members to feel proud about our club. To feel good about our club. To feel good about our players. To feel good about our team and that’s what we are aiming to do this year.

Some of our players and staff this year have had some real challenges over the last few months and that’s only brought us closer together.

I understand when someone attacks us. You see that and you feel that as well.

Now more than ever. We need to stick together as a club and make sure we pull together under all the adversity that has been chucked at us.

We need that. Our playing group needs it. You need it and that’s why we’re playing for all you people this year.

We’re playing for something that’s far bigger than ourselves and I want to stop people looking down at us.

I want to stop people looking down at our team. Stop people looking down at our community and stop people looking down at our Bulldog people.

And that’s what we’re playing for this year!

Dean Pay
Best Part.

"I want to stop people looking down at our team. Stop people looking down at our community and stop people looking down at our Bulldog people."

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah can't wait for all these low footy IQ "duh they lost Klemmer they are getting spoon and Foran will last two weeks" fuckwits to get shocked we fair way better than last year. I can't take anyone who us has finishing lower than the Raiders, Tigers, Eels, Seas Eagles, Cowboys or Titans seriously

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well Pay said he wanted to bring the bulldogs DNA of old back!! and he is slowly starting to reach for the goals he wants to achieve by the looks of things. I applaud that. It’s good too see.
It was going to take some time for that to happen. Looks good

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nice sentiments from the club’s PR office — but we don’t expect anything less.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a player Pay was there, he saw, and understands the Bulldog fans. He’s got the fire in the belly about the dogs just like us. A first up win against the warriors is very important for their confidence and to create some sort of momentum. We were just unlucky last year we had the two grand finalists in the first two rounds.

It’s important we start well

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, I think all this alleged rape stuff, and sexual videos with NRL players has imbedded itself into my conscience because I looked quickly at the title of this thread and I can swear it said “We’re playing WITH so much more than just ourselves”

I’m like What the hell....

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, I think all this alleged rape stuff, and sexual videos with NRL players has imbedded itself into my conscience because I looked quickly at the title of this thread and I can swear it said “We’re playing WITH so much more than just ourselves”

I’m like What the hell....