News Praise for Napa after eye-catching cameo against Raiders

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the game an the time Napa had I am 100% certain that he is ALOT more valuable than klemmer and I would have Napa hands down over David any day anytime..!!
I was a little sceptical when the signing was announced but I am happy it was done an believe he will have a massive season for us.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Despite limited time”??? Has anything changed lol

The guy only plays 20 min
Where a klemmer was 65 of full brute metres

I am still not a fan of Napa purchase. With that money- would have bought a gun hooker or half
True and Dean pay could've won the number 10? He's a prop isn't he?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not critical of Napa being signed, just a prop. I am critical that with the weaknesses in our key positions, the Klemmer money wasn't put aside for a gun hooker, full back or half. Hope Napa goes really well, but still wouldn't have bought him.
We have a gun Fullback and Half. Don't you watch the games?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not critical of Napa being signed, just a prop. I am critical that with the weaknesses in our key positions, the Klemmer money wasn't put aside for a gun hooker, full back or half. Hope Napa goes really well, but still wouldn't have bought him.
I think watching that trial yesterday, it showed we have a lack of front row depth, Fualolo, Tualau and To’omaga are not leaders, Ogden shows some good promise but we are thin there, I think that’s another reason we signed Napa.

As someone else mentioned, To’omaga looks like he’s had a big offseason......on the pies :disrelieved: looked sluggish yesterday for mine, still has the ability to kick on though...he does seem to have gone backward though, which is concerning. Hopefully he turns it around as he and Ogden could grow into a formidable partnership.

I know Sue and RFM could play there, but you need big bodies getting over that advantage line, which Napa brings and hopefully bigger minutes this year also.

I’m not against a gun hooker, half or fullback either though mate (although Meaney looks promising), if you had the chequebook when Klemmer left, where would you have spent that cash?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The prop rotation without Napa in it looks inexperienced and undersized. We definitely need him or someone like him and he was the best available by a long way.
Fullback wise I'd take Hopoate over more than half the other fullbacks in the league.
I don't think we could afford (even without Napa) halves better than Foran and Lewis.
Hooker is an issue, but there simply ain't that many good ones around, let alone available.
Next year we have decent cap space to spend and there will be better options than right now.
We have what we have for this year and, although it isn't perfect, I am really looking forward to watching this team play. They have Bulldogs written all over them, in attack and defence.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think watching that trial yesterday, it showed we have a lack of front row depth, Fualolo, Tualau and To’omaga are not leaders, Ogden shows some good promise but we are thin there, I think that’s another reason we signed Napa.

As someone else mentioned, To’omaga looks like he’s had a big offseason......on the pies :disrelieved: looked sluggish yesterday for mine, still has the ability to kick on though...he does seem to have gone backward though, which is concerning. Hopefully he turns it around as he and Ogden could grow into a formidable partnership.

I know Sue and RFM could play there, but you need big bodies getting over that advantage line, which Napa brings and hopefully bigger minutes this year also.

I’m not against a gun hooker, half or fullback either though mate (although Meaney looks promising), if you had the chequebook when Klemmer left, where would you have spent that cash?
If the bench don't get more game time were fcuked. We are going to struggle with Sue and Fualalo for go forward..

Ogden and RT are great prospects but they still need a yr to grow. I guess we are all hoping its their breakout years but it don't look like it.

Im guessing our bench may look like this..

Sue
Fualalo
CHN
JMK

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
How good did Foran look as well

1 Hoppa
6 Foran
7 Lewis
9 JMK

looks pretty dangerous although personally i want Nu Brown to play 9

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good did Foran look as well

1 Hoppa
6 Foran
7 Lewis
9 JMK

looks pretty dangerous although personally i want Nu Brown to play 9
I’d rather Lichaa until such a time that Brown proves he can play 80m and defend consistently during that time.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Didn't you guys know that Klemmer grew up as a Newy fan, always wanted to play for them and will be a 1 club man. Fuk the pussy!

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you guys know that Klemmer grew up as a Newy fan, always wanted to play for them and will be a 1 club man. Fuk the pussy!
I’m unsure If this is meant to be sarcastic?

He grew up a bulldogs fan and always wanted to play for us. Going by his performance for the knights yesterday I still think he’s a bulldogs fan. He didn’t do them any favours.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I’m unsure If this is meant to be sarcastic?

He grew up a bulldogs fan and always wanted to play for us. Going by his performance for the knights yesterday I still think he’s a bulldogs fan. He didn’t do them any favours.
Lol absolutely sarcastic! Hey play crap did he? haha

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lachlan Fitzgibbon will be Newcastle's forward to watch this season... but anyway, they can ead

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the bench don't get more game time were fcuked. We are going to struggle with Sue and Fualalo for go forward..

Ogden and RT are great prospects but they still need a yr to grow. I guess we are all hoping its their breakout years but it don't look like it.

Im guessing our bench may look like this..

Sue
Fualalo
CHN
JMK
Don't think the club paid a fortune for CHN to keep him on the bench

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol absolutely sarcastic! Hey play crap did he? haha
He honestly looked like he didn’t want to be out there.

Napa gave shit loads more heart than Klemmer did in the trial.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't think the club paid a fortune for CHN to keep him on the bench
I don't think so either but Pay refuses to play Jacko at lock or rfm in prop freeing up a backrow spot. Any suggestions?

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really liked how napa carted it up no goose steps and no slow.play the balls!! hopefully lichaa can play of the back of that momentum

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He honestly looked like he didn’t want to be out there.

Napa gave shit loads more heart than Klemmer did in the trial.
Maybe the fact that his missus is reportedly wearing the pants and made him relocate has hit home that it's not where or what HE wanted to do. Oh well not the first or last time a chick fuked a dudes life!

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The prop rotation without Napa in it looks inexperienced and undersized. We definitely need him or someone like him and he was the best available by a long way.
Fullback wise I'd take Hopoate over more than half the other fullbacks in the league.
I don't think we could afford (even without Napa) halves better than Foran and Lewis.
Hooker is an issue, but there simply ain't that many good ones around, let alone available.
Next year we have decent cap space to spend and there will be better options than right now.
We have what we have for this year and, although it isn't perfect, I am really looking forward to watching this team play. They have Bulldogs written all over them, in attack and defence.

Go Dogs
Yep I agree. But they looked really good for their first trial. Barring injuries I think they will only go ahead from here. With more game time together they should only improve and a top eight finish is definitely possible. I noticed the headline “the entertainers are back” and I don’t think we have seen the best yet. Wouldn’t that be nice instead of the robotic style of play we have seen. I have everything crossed