Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least our players get naked and sing songs
It’s not like our chair got them all on the coke on his tick and then randomly drug test the ones they don’t want ...... cough cough Cronulla

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for those that can't access the article.

Another Mad Monday disaster for the NRL with Bulldogs players caught stripping off

SEPTEMBER 02, 2018

MAD Monday antics have hit a new low with Bulldogs players caught stripping naked and grabbing each other’s genitals while they danced on pub tables in Sydney’s north.

Bulldogs second rower Adam Elliott dropped his pants and every other stitch of clothing on the balcony of the The Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks during the raucous partying, to roars of laughter from teammates and officials.

One member of the party even reached out and grabbed Elliott’s private parts as he danced to Neil Diamond’s Sweet Caroline. The display marred the official launch yesterday of the NRL Finals, where the captains of the teams still vying for the Provan-Summons premiership trophy lined up in an effort to put the game’s best on display.

Instead, the NRL was cast into yet another public relations disaster.

The NRL has for years being trying to ditch its reputation for misbehaviour following scandals including Todd Carney’s infamous “bubbler” photograph in 2014 and Mitchell Pearce caught on video simulating sex with a dog two years later.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs players and officials began arriving at the pub at around 1pm yesterday. Before long, players and team officials could be seen downing shots, chugging beers and gambling on the pokies.

The official celebration was held inside a roped-off section of the pub, but shouting, chanting and swearing could clearly be seen and heard in public areas as the partying dragged on for hours.

Play fights spilled out on the ground floor between players, with Brett Morris screaming “KOB” — a commonly used acronym for “knock out boys.”

At one point a chant of “Yeah the boys!” rang out as a group of players flanked by star winger Morris left the pokie rooms after apparently scoring a big win.

As another group of players tried their luck, someone in the private function area shattered a glass, drawing jeers from other drinkers.

Around 7pm young halfback Lachlan Lewis was seen being helped into an Uber car by two other members of the party.

At one point, Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was wrapped up in a mock tackle by Brett and his twin Josh Morris and another man and knocked over the rope separating the private area, before they bundled themselves into an elevator.

The Bulldogs last night refused to comment on the celebrations.
For fucks sake it sounds tame, so we play fought ? Yeah the boys ? We drink alcohol and smiled? We played the pokies ? Lol good luck getting us in trouble, we aren’t Cronulla if we do drugs we do it in private and we for sure do not piss in each other’s mouths. They are such dickheads at the telegraph , the article just sounds like the snitch at school who told on you if you ditched a class

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just knew there would be something on Mad Monday about us. Fuck me, the boys are just letting loose after a tough season. Did they do anything to affect other people? Not by the sounds of it. It was just the players being a little rowdy with each other.

Fuck, go to the local on a Friday or Saturday night and you'll see people doing the exact same shit having a good time. ***** get their kit off all the time and run through the pub and everyone laughs about it.

I bet the telecrap get up to some shit at their Christmas parties, but they wouldn't dob themselves in.

I'm just gonna get sick of hearing about it, because I'm sure the media are going to making a big deal about it. Like we are the worst ***** in the world. Blokes can't have a little fun these days in a private party mind you.

Even if this was another team, I still say the same thing. Not like they were out assaulting other people or causing trouble.

To me, it just looks like the boys were enjoying themselves as mates and a playing group. I hope the club doesn't take the media's bullshit and sticks with the boys.

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the top story on sunrise. Must've been a verrrrry slow news day.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So just watching fox sports news and they are reporting it like we have brought the game into disrepute. So I have no doubt that we are going to get drug over the coals about it and no doubt fined, because we always get fined for shit.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the top story on sunrise. Must've been a verrrrry slow news day.
Yeah just flicked over to Today show and they were reporting about it on there saying about being naked and stumbling around drunk. Also that we have soured the start of the finals series because of it. Let the media hate begin.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's the first time I have ever read th comments and everyone is sticking up for the dogs, everyone
All saying dt are grubs, making mountain out of a mole hill
One actually said numerous times in telegraph that they were saying such n such player needs to do a nudie run etc
Get up em people, good to see

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Omg the boys got drunk, danced on tables and vomited a bit. And someone got naked. On mad monday? Unheard of. Kick us out of the nrl lol.Im outraged.

Also looks like none of the other 7 clubs had mad Monday?

Last edited:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing story but im sure we will pay for it, personally don't like when players celebrate mad Mondays especially when you were in the bottom eight.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I missed it but did one of the boys sexual assault a female patron?

Anyone would think so given how hard the media have gone at us

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I liked Carl Stefanovic saying here here to Ray Hadley this morning when Hadley said if you want a mad Monday go and visit children in hospital.. Ray Ray people are people you should know that..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if there were complaints from patrons or the general public, then ok

but if it is simply The Daily Telegraph "moralising" for the sake of sales, then who cares... it is a dying medium and they know it

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a good evening. Well played boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.