Reimis Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes off contract at the end of 2019 i think?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
should be looking to extend his deal soon as he will be open to offers as of November this year

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to watch the replays a couple times (alright, more like a dozen times!) just to see how fast he was. Apparently 1.97m tall, so I reckon he's a bit like Tom Trbojevic - doesn't look that quick but got those long strides which can make him deceptively fast by covering a lot of ground.

Crichton on one wing and Smith on the other - Montoya has to be cover only surely.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we have 3 guaranteed spots for next year and two uncertain,

Actually 4 guaranteed because Smith (aka god) counts as two!

Malla

Reaction score
Will definitely be offered a longer term deal with the money that the Morris brothers were on.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Just love his afterburner speed, even after getting bumped, he accelerates again and leaves Nuffty for dead. Just wow.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty will definitely have nightmares these coming days...he just burnt him for pace.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was swinging mid air punches and squeeling like a pig when he hit the turbos and burnt him.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should be our fullback.like Tommy turbo and has X factor.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Says he'd play centre if he had the choice but happy to play wing next year if that's what's best for the team

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the big league wrap an watching smiths highlights AGAIN it put a huge smile on my face, and made me realise we finally have a player that all other teams have, the X factor type, the big finisher, someone whom can take a game an turn it...!!!! A great WINGER none the less.

All I know is we have found 3 gems this in Prince/smith/Martin and all 3 better be retained long long long term so we can build a team around an have the future looking bright an can feel content for once in a long time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dufty is no slouch, and it suprised me how Smith just ran straight around him once, then burned him on the inside the next time. I'm not sure if it's outright speed, or just Reimis having a really long stride (i.e a few strides and he'd cleared Dufty).

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s quicker than he looks hey? For each of his big long strides, Dufty needed two to stay with him.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty is no slouch, and it suprised me how Smith just ran straight around him once, then burned him on the inside the next time. I'm not sure if it's outright speed, or just Reimis having a really long stride (i.e a few strides and he'd cleared Dufty).
no I think Smith is quick, I think he doesn't have awesome off the mark acceleration though but once he is in stride not many will catch him. I think part of the reason why he was able to burn dufty was because Dufty underestimated his speed. he thought he could turn and chase and reel him in but smith was pulling further away.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no I think Smith is quick, I think he doesn't have awesome off the mark acceleration though but once he is in stride not many will catch him. I think part of the reason why he was able to burn dufty was because Dufty underestimated his speed. he thought he could turn and chase and reel him in but smith was pulling further away.
a few people posted the past couple of years that he is the fastest player in the club. Like others have said, it’s his stride that makes him quick. Like Trbojevic, they don’t look quick as their legs aren’t 50cm like Matt Dufty. His stride is probably double that gnomes

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some players prefer to sign short deals in order to keep themeslves motivated and in form.

BMoz is 32, Rona is 26.

Get Rona back on one wing, Smith on the other, and we would have two quality finishers.
Rona on one wing, Smith on the other.
I just wet myself a little with the thought of that....:relaxed:

Status
Not open for further replies.