The Aiden Tolman Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm liking Tolman and I believe he has a notable impact on games where as before he was a momentum killer who only really possessed a great work rate. Tolman and Klemmer should be our props, their is a suitable balance with these two.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Outstanding again.

162 metres, 37 tackles (1 missed).

Please someone tell me again how there's no room for a forward of Tolman's ilk in our lineup.
71 mins played.. MAchined it out there tonight for the jersey.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@Horse ..... he was brilliant again tonight... also people bagging Eastwood and Fualalo need to see their numbers from tonight... Both brilliant!
Yeah mate, Eastwood in particular I thought looked good in the past 2 games but really took it to another level tonight with his go forward. 115 metres in 25 mins of game time, bent the line on every charge.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure what money Tolman is on, but at the right price he is invaluable. Now that Desball is gone and Tolman gets out of the way on most 4th tackles he is a machine.

For the right price happy to keep him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Plodman getting wrapped lol. Look at how Sims scored. He does that all the time, tackles around the legs. If he wasn’t injured earlier in the year he’d be a shark
Or a titan. Offers nothing. We need to find another forward like Rhyse Martin but can play prop.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plodman getting wrapped lol. Look at how Sims scored. He does that all the time, tackles around the legs. If he wasn’t injured earlier in the year he’d be a shark
Or a titan. Offers nothing. We need to find another forward like Rhyse Martin but can play prop.
Tolman was doing his thing in that tackle. Just wondering where the fullback was.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tolman did his job, Ogden was watching where he thought the ball was going rather than wrapping up Sims.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Round 24
27 runs for 235m in 72 minutes (3.2m per min). 38 tackles and 2 missed (most tackles of any player).

Absolute beast performance by Tolman!!
He has had an exceptional year considering our topsy turvy season.
Eastwood for the love of God has found his mojo again.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has always been respected by the players and coaches and now starting to get the fans on side. If he keeps doing what he does for 70+ mins a game pay him what he wants.
He has been great this year

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman ran hard today. All the forwards did thats the big turn around in last few games. The forwards are dominanating.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think has been in great form since he came back from his injury.
I tell you what we missed him big time for the teams line speed when he was out injured.
Instead we had that lazy fuck Woods.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 24
27 runs for 235m in 72 minutes (3.2m per min). 38 tackles and 2 missed (most tackles of any player).

Absolute beast performance by Tolman!!
Does he have a mate in the stats department at the NRL I swear I only ever see him running 4-5m a hit up In general play

Anyways good on him has improved dramatically still wish he would get that 4/5th tackle hit up out of his game

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definately wasn't a fan last year but lately Tolman has been a proper first grader again. And I'm starting to think Lichaa is the problem with most of those tackle 4 runs. I've noticed Tolman just running decoy and not expecting it a few times lately - Lichaa still gives it to him like a no-option robot.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definately wasn't a fan last year but lately Tolman has been a proper first grader again. And I'm starting to think Lichaa is the problem with most of those tackle 4 runs. I've noticed Tolman just running decoy and not expecting it a few times lately - Lichaa still gives it to him like a no-option robot.
....or maybe the previous coach.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always liked and rated tolman.
Sure, he struggles to break the line and never really offloads, but he always does more than is required with his hitups and defence, and is the definition of underappreciated. I stand by what I said before, every team needs a player like him.

It's funny that everyone bags him constantly, then when we win and suddenly a lot of the haters seem to jump on the bandwagon.

Ahhh, i love the kennel :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Every team needs an old head with experience. In my opinion this is why Raiders can't go to the next level. They don't have a Tolman or a Luke Lewis a Matt Scott and so on. The experience these guys bring to a team and the knowledge and support they can provide the younger generations coming through is under estimated. It's not about having to be flash but about knowing what's needed to stabilise a team in pressure situations. Tolman takes most of the fourth tackle runs because it's about getting the stability and positioning for the next play the ball to be set up for the kick. Not to offload or do anything fancy. Sounds boring but vital when completing your sets. Tolman's workload his harshly criticised sometimes.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
96% tackling efficiency for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.