Will a Lewis-Foran combo work next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised about your comment regarding the crowd
The kiwi bunch were just down in the corner
Dogs had a really good spread across the ground and were vocal
Just under 10,000 seemed close to the mark,for a club that is not playing finals footy
Not too shabby
Yea agreed, was there to. In the end if a team is playing well good crowd attendences is to be expected where on the other if there not low numbers are to also be expected.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair dinkum. You blokes go on as if you know it all. Why do the Bulldogs employ a coach when all they really need to do is read this forum. Most of you I gather have never played rugby league at a senior level let alone study and obtain a coaching certificate. All this knowledgable talk of Foran and whether he could form an effective combination with Lewis. I have no idea. Neither do any of you niff nuffs. I let the coaches decide that.

Deano and his staff are compiling reports to see how various players play and react under different circumstances. Frawley wont be there next year and its unknown how fit Foran can become. Statistics are being complied on JMK and Coggers games. Besides the halves solution, once pre season training kicks in many other questions will also be decided including... best position for Hopoate, whether Meaney is up to FG standard yet, whether Reimis Smith could play centre, the best position for Holland. Then we are also awaiting news on Cory Oates or we will go shopping seeking another outside back. I dont pretend to be an authority but Im excited that this season has seen a rebuilding and reaffirmation of traditional Bulldog values.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone list Forans injuries that are currently hampering his ability to perform and are they treatable with rest and or procedures. Alot say he is busted. I have no doubt when fit and healthy he will lead the team around nicely especially with our newly found uptempo style.
He injured his toe not sure which one but we think it might be the camel toe

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair dinkum. You blokes go on as if you know it all. Why do the Bulldogs employ a coach when all they really need to do is read this forum. Most of you I gather have never played rugby league at a senior level let alone study and obtain a coaching certificate. All this knowledgable talk of Foran and whether he could form an effective combination with Lewis. I have no idea. Neither do any of you niff nuffs. I let the coaches decide that.

Deano and his staff are compiling reports to see how various players play and react under different circumstances. Frawley wont be there next year and its unknown how fit Foran can become. Statistics are being complied on JMK and Coggers games. Besides the halves solution, once pre season training kicks in many other questions will also be decided including... best position for Hopoate, whether Meaney is up to FG standard yet, whether Reimis Smith could play centre, the best position for Holland. Then we are also awaiting news on Cory Oates or we will go shopping seeking another outside back. I dont pretend to be an authority but Im excited that this season has seen a rebuilding and reaffirmation of traditional Bulldog values.
Umm not true.. Coaches don't know best Des made the most shtewpid decisions ..either because he's a gambling man, a narcissist , too involved to be objective or just fucked in the head. So calm down and let people have their say.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its a forum where fans come to share their opinions.....you need to relax.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis - Foran combination would not work

We have a young thundercat in Lewis, who is full of aggression, youth, desire, testosterone and goals

We have a broken bloke in Foran, who is full of needles containing pain killing medication along with other substances. No desire, no aggression, no youth and definitely no goals

Since Foran has left Manly, the only thing he has brought across to his clubs is drama, injury and instability. Foran is not worth the pen & paper he signed on.

Lewis is the future and hopefully Cogger shows something in the next two seasons at the Dogs. We also have young talented Brandon Wakeham who should be ready in 2 years once Cogger's contract comes up for renewal and there is also Cameron Munster who is off contract at the end of 2019

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should just worry about Foran working for a start ffs. Not likely at all.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think fox was t that bad all considering a full offseason whilst fit will make a huge diff not to mention an actual half playing next to him

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fit Foran and we are a top 4 chance if Lewis is at this club or not. Foran will never be fit again and that is all but fact. Lewis will outshine Foran next year and be the dominant half. Who knows what Foran turns up next year.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol do you blokes ever get tired of sooking about Foran?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think Forans alot better 5/8 than halfback

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the stats suggest Kieran Foran is past his best. From a 62% win percentage with Manly, his win percentage has dropped to 31% with the 3 teams sine - Eels, Warriors and Bulldogs. The record shows both body and mind problems. I wish him well but to get the body and mind to perform at the extremes needed in any elite level sport, both the body and mind have to be at their max. It takes years to get the body and mind to perform at that max. Doesn't matter whether it is football or swimming. To get the body and mind to be able to handle the elite swimming competition, kids train at ridiculous levels early every morning and early every evenings for years. If they don't keep that up the body and mind cannot stay at that level. Just look at Ian Thorpe once he eased off the training. Same with football, the star players we see at NRL level have been spotted, brought into elite junior development squads and trained since the early teens to be able to handle the rigours of NRL level performance. Kieran Foran has been off the pace with physical and mental issues for the last 3 years. Can he again reach the peak level of performance. Perhaps Alex Johnson of the Sydney Swans is a reminder of how hard it is to get the body back. He is only 25 (younger than Foran who is 28 like) yet broke down again in only his second game back at AFL level since that 5 year run of knee reconstructions. It was the other leg that gave out this time. So it is hard to see Foran coming back to his former glory day level. And that is to take nothing away from the man as a person and what he achieved at the peak of his career of which he should be proud.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next years team.

1. Hoppa
2. Okunbor
3. Harper
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Segeryo
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Martin (gk)
13. Jackson (c)

14. JMK
15. Danny.F
16. Elliott
17. Sue

Reverses cogger, meaney, ogden, montoya, cricton.

Back 3 all have strong ball carrys all our sets will start strong. Keeping our forwards fresh. Our forwards all have big motors so thats a very fit team. Holland and Harper are good in def.

Left edge okunbor harper martin lewis.
Right edge smith holland rfm foran.

Last edited:

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran is finished.

Wont be able to bend down to polish Lewis' boots let alone run onto the field.

Really looking forward to Kimmorley working with Lewis next season

Cant wait to see the back of the most overpaid signing in the history of our club gone.
Let's be realistic. Foran has seen his best days behind him now. We don't know how injuries are going to keep on affecting him. We need to keep an eye on a replacement for Foran sooner than later to complement the skills of Lewis.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ive always been a Foran fan which makes his output for us this year (save for a few early games) tough to take.

I’m hoping the guy gets sorted and can contribute next year and unlike many I’m backing him as long as he’s part of the club

If the coaching staff, docs and board believe he will be fit to play next season and beyond (which given they haven’t made moves to medically retire him) must mean they are comfortable with that position, then it’s good enough for me

BUT Pay needs to give the keys to Lewis and tell him this is YOUR team, you are the main man so take control.

Foran to play a supporting, guiding albeit second fiddle to Lewis

Cogger back up /cover
I cant see Foran accepting 2nd fiddle to Lewis so I find it hard to see how it will work. If it does all well and good but time will tell.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol do you blokes ever get tired of sooking about Foran?
I swear half the posters on the Kennel are broken, like broken records that is or so pissed of their brains that they can't help but repeat themselves. Hahahahaha Lol :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.