Will a Lewis-Foran combo work next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same supporters who don't turn up to games. I'm sure they all have their excuses ready. Most likely is their fingers hurt from posting so much crap. I was actually embarrassed at the game. Contrary to what was reported there were no more than 3000 supporters at the game, and 2000 of them were Warriors fans. We got out cheered massively. All game. I rarely miss a home game and I can say that it was the worst crowd I have ever seen in my 30 odd years of going to games. Sunday arvo too. No excuses.
I was a bit surprised about your comment regarding the crowd
The kiwi bunch were just down in the corner
Dogs had a really good spread across the ground and were vocal
Just under 10,000 seemed close to the mark,for a club that is not playing finals footy
Not too shabby

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised about your comment regarding the crowd
The kiwi bunch were just down in the corner
Dogs had a really good spread across the ground and were vocal
Just under 10,000 seemed close to the mark,for a club that is not playing finals footy
Not too shabby
Yep. I've noticed the crowds have returned with lewis performances going from strength to strength. The bulldogs fans have got something to be optimistic about

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. I've noticed the crowds have returned with lewis performances going from strength to strength. The bulldogs fans have got something to be optimistic about
Yeh I totally agree mate,there was a good vibe walking into the ground yesterday
The dogs supporters went crazy when that field goal flew over
It was a special moment,Lewis did good
Proud to be a bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand the "hate" for Foran. Hes playing injured and hes just hoping he can fire up.
When hes fit and playing well, hes probably the best 5/8 in the game. Just hoping the surgery, and the extended rest will work wonders with him.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran is game fit with no lingering problems in 2019 he will undoubtedly want to repay the faith and loyalty the club has shown him...

Last edited:

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he is playing 90% fit , I still think Foz offers more than JMK and Frawley and would complement Lewis , it could be good for both their careers and good for the team. I hope they both kill it and prove everyone wrong!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive always been a Foran fan which makes his output for us this year (save for a few early games) tough to take.

I’m hoping the guy gets sorted and can contribute next year and unlike many I’m backing him as long as he’s part of the club

If the coaching staff, docs and board believe he will be fit to play next season and beyond (which given they haven’t made moves to medically retire him) must mean they are comfortable with that position, then it’s good enough for me

BUT Pay needs to give the keys to Lewis and tell him this is YOUR team, you are the main man so take control.

Foran to play a supporting, guiding albeit second fiddle to Lewis

Cogger back up /cover

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same supporters who don't turn up to games. I'm sure they all have their excuses ready. Most likely is their fingers hurt from posting so much crap. I was actually embarrassed at the game. Contrary to what was reported there were no more than 3000 supporters at the game, and 2000 of them were Warriors fans. We got out cheered massively. All game. I rarely miss a home game and I can say that it was the worst crowd I have ever seen in my 30 odd years of going to games. Sunday arvo too. No excuses.
You need spec savers,my wife and I were both there yesterday,and even though it wasn't the crowd we would like to see,9.500 was reasonable,and it looked pretty accurate

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone list Forans injuries that are currently hampering his ability to perform and are they treatable with rest and or procedures. Alot say he is busted. I have no doubt when fit and healthy he will lead the team around nicely especially with our newly found uptempo style.

Malla

Reaction score
We were trying to medically retire Foran and Cogger was to replace him. This should still be the plan. Foran is great but @ his price it isn't worth it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes just bought another property a $775k appartment in terrigal hell need a new contract to service these properties hopefully that motivates him

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be better than Lewis + whoever the poor bastard had to play with this year
Injured Foran is miles ahead of fit jmk and Frawley

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone that likes the idea cause lewis will take pressure off foran. If foran had more responsibility and pressure taken off him, he would be dead set doing fucking nothing.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but I thought Foran was completely rested after he left the Warriors. Sat out the World Cup, then spent significant time in rehab, and was ever so carefully and slowly bought up to speed to start the season on modified programs and Despite this his body still came apart after about a month of NRL. I feel for the fella.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the "hate" for Foran. Hes playing injured and hes just hoping he can fire up.
When hes fit and playing well, hes probably the best 5/8 in the game. Just hoping the surgery, and the extended rest will work wonders with him.
Give me Munster, Maloney, Morgan, Widdop, Moylan, Keary over Foran everyday of the week.

Its 2018 and not 2011

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay can say whatever he wants to the media but everybody knows Foran wont be playing next season.

Lewis will be 6 and Cogger will be 7

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay can say whatever he wants to the media but everybody knows Foran wont be playing next season.

Lewis will be 6 and Cogger will be 7
Then next year we must sign a high tier half. Cogger ain’t good enough and will become a new person to blame when we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.