Will a Lewis-Foran combo work next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lewis and foran should be the halfs next year no questions asked.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran was my favourite player for many years, but he's past his usefulness.

He's not a halfback. Lewis isn't a halfback.

Lewis is basically a younger version of Foran. He has a massive future but not playing alongside Foran. He needs someone else to partner with.
Would've loved to see Josh Reynolds and Lachlan Lewis playing together.. BAM

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran cant keep up with the household chores let alone with the physical and mental requirements for the NRL

Foran done a job on us just like Watbro did at Parra & Desaster & Williams did at the dogs........it must be a Manly thing

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should play Foran 7 & Lewis 6 one right and one left
I expect Woolford to be 9 as a smart dummy-half is a must

Yeah I think your right about Foran 7 and Lewis 6,although I’ve only ever seen Foran fire with 6 on his back he isn’t a 7.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was a Foran supporter, but the guy is busted.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will remove pressure from foran that's for sure... he could actually play much better...
Lewis should be dominant half

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we just all say lets wait and see how foran goes next season.

The reality is Foran is busted and has been busted for the past 3 to 4 years. But whether he can come back from that is yet to be seen as he was hampered this season by

1. new injuries
2. being targeted by opposition teams because we had no one else of threat in the halves, i.e. teams knew to take out foran they'd take out us

So all we can do is wait and see

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think your right about Foran 7 and Lewis 6,although I’ve only ever seen Foran fire with 6 on his back he isn’t a 7.
He is a better 5/8 than a halfback, but his injuries requires him to play half as it is less likely to get injured there,
Less running more organizing.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Of course it will work, a fit Foran will do wonders for Lewis.

And if the old fella cant last, in comes Cogger...

Lewis - Cogger are our future.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course it will work, a fit Foran will do wonders for Lewis.

And if the old fella cant last, in comes Cogger...

Lewis - Cogger are our future.
I agree with this 100%. I hoped Foran could stay fit but it is obvious his body is too broken. He wont be able to last a full NRL season unfortunately. I would love to see Cogger and Lewis be given the opportunity to start the season. I really see promise in both these 2 kids. I think they can be the best halves combination in 2021 onwards. Yes 2021. That doesn't mean they wont be good next year or the year after that. They will be, but they will continue to improve and hit their peak in 2021. I also think JMK is the next Damien Cook. His defence is already good and he has speed. Also believe Meaney can do the job at fullback from what I have seen this season. I think we may already have the spine to take us forward. Ofcourse this is dependent on them all continuing to improve.

For what it worth, I was at the game on Sunday with my young fella and he spent an hour before kick off out playing in the Bulldogs Supporters area outside gate k and Foran was there taking photos as part of the usual program and only 2 people in the whole time he was there actually took a photo with him. I don't believe many Dogs fans believe he is our future, or past for that matter. It is what it is I guess. I think we would all love to see him be a bulldogs great but know deep down that it wont happen.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%. I hoped Foran could stay fit but it is obvious his body is too broken. He wont be able to last a full NRL season unfortunately. I would love to see Cogger and Lewis be given the opportunity to start the season. I really see promise in both these 2 kids. I think they can be the best halves combination in 2021 onwards. Yes 2021. That doesn't mean they wont be good next year or the year after that. They will be, but they will continue to improve and hit their peak in 2021. I also think JMK is the next Damien Cook. His defence is already good and he has speed. Also believe Meaney can do the job at fullback from what I have seen this season. I think we may already have the spine to take us forward. Ofcourse this is dependent on them all continuing to improve.

For what it worth, I was at the game on Sunday with my young fella and he spent an hour before kick off out playing in the Bulldogs Supporters area outside gate k and Foran was there taking photos as part of the usual program and only 2 people in the whole time he was there actually took a photo with him. I don't believe many Dogs fans believe he is our future, or past for that matter. It is what it is I guess. I think we would all love to see him be a bulldogs great but know deep down that it wont happen.
Im sure if there was a meet and greet with the kennel & foran, there would be plenty of kenneler's on their knees

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate some of us are optimistic, some of us are realistic and of course some are pessimistic, lets not forget that RL is a cut throat business.
(1) With Foran, the optimistic ones are living in fantasyland based on his form many years ago.
(2) The realistic ones live in the HOPE that he might come good again,but judging on his last few years I'd say their hope is based on their love for our club alone.
(3) The pessimistic ones have given up hope on him completely, and are annoyed that he is taking up valuable cap space.
For me I hope he comes good but if he doesn't then hopefully he will be paid via insurance.
I want our club to be on equal footing with other clubs in regards to the salary cap, because currently our clubs available cap would probably be $2M under other clubs.
we'll never be on equal footing with other clubs - more specifically the Roosters limitless cap and TPAs.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im sure if there was a meet and greet with the kennel & foran, there would be plenty of kenneler's on their knees
The same supporters who don't turn up to games. I'm sure they all have their excuses ready. Most likely is their fingers hurt from posting so much crap. I was actually embarrassed at the game. Contrary to what was reported there were no more than 3000 supporters at the game, and 2000 of them were Warriors fans. We got out cheered massively. All game. I rarely miss a home game and I can say that it was the worst crowd I have ever seen in my 30 odd years of going to games. Sunday arvo too. No excuses.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The same supporters who don't turn up to games. I'm sure they all have their excuses ready. Most likely is their fingers hurt from posting so much crap. I was actually embarrassed at the game. Contrary to what was reported there were no more than 3000 supporters at the game, and 2000 of them were Warriors fans. We got out cheered massively. All game. I rarely miss a home game and I can say that it was the worst crowd I have ever seen in my 30 odd years of going to games. Sunday arvo too. No excuses.
Couldnt agree more

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Kimmorley coming back as an assistant coach ? I haven't read anything about it
Yeah I'm interested to know, listening to some comments he made on Fox Yesterday he really seems to like what is going on at the Dogs. So either he is positioning himself to be involved or he is but hasn't been mad official yet. Or I guess he simply likes what is being done at Belmore.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m interested in how Foran is contributing these days. Does he attend leadership meetings. Is he still engaged in where the team wants to go next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.