John Hopoate banned for 10 years from Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
TBH his only representing how the sport is become a joke .
NRL loves to look after grubs
Just look at how many players they let back in the comp.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke will only ever be remembered for sticking his finger up another blokes arse on the footy field and now this shit.nice legacy dipshit not mention embarrassing your son and your family.The Nrl is the only sporting code in the world that would still have this grub on the field

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How can his son (Will) be completely opposite of his drop kick dad
I remember seeing an interview with his wife years ago and the reporter was trying to draw a comparison between will and his father,she said Will was nothing like him not only a better footballer but a better person.He was obviously raised by her.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/07/31/nswrl-statement--hopoate-charges-update/
NSWRL Tue 31 Jul 2018, 05:25 PM

Narraweena Hawks player John Hopoate has today pleaded guilty to three Code of Conduct charges and has been suspended immediately pending a hearing before the NSWRL Conduct Review Panel on 15 August to hear submissions to determine the length of his suspension from Rugby League. He is already serving a suspension after pleading guilty to a medium range striking offence. All charges resulted from a match in the Manly District Junior Rugby League competition on 21 July.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does John even watch dogs games considering one of his children play for them? I rarely see him at games. Doesn't bother me. Biggest idiot ever.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He got a 10 year ban. Good riddance.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hang on I've got something for this....

Ahh here it is..

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/08/15/nswrl-statement--hopoate-suspended-10-years/

The NSWRL Conduct Review Panel has tonight (15 August) banned Narraweena Hawks and former NRL player John Hopoate from Rugby League for 10 years, of which the final five years are suspended, for three code of conduct charges following his send-off in a match last month. Hopoate appeared before the NSWRL Conduct Review Panel who determined the very serious nature of the charges warranted the lengthy suspension.

Hopoate, who was already serving a suspension after pleading guilty to a medium range striking offence from the same match in a Manly District Junior Rugby League competition on 21 July, will not be eligible to play or have a role as an official in a Rugby League match until at least 21 July 2023. Between 21 July 2023 and 20 July 2028 he will be eligible to apply to the NSW Rugby League for a specific role in the game.

The NSW Rugby League Chief Executive David Trodden said: "Every governing body has an obligation to the participants who play our game to ensure they can play in a safe and enjoyable environment. Incidents like these, which challenge that safe and enjoyable environment and damage the reputation of our sport, have no place in our game and must be dealt with appropriately to protect our game and the vast majority of participants who respect its rules."

Fark that's a fair banning and probably life for him. I wonder if that extends to QRL and other comps. It states Rugby League so you'd assume so.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Should’ve been given a lifetime ban after sticking his finger up the backside of players.. An A-class grub who has been let go for years by those around him.. Bozo Bob Fulton being one..putting him into junior coaching positions after being found guilty of numerous offences..and Terry Lamb being two..not controlling..I won’t got so far as saying condone..his antics at the West Tigers with his digital escapades..

Good riddance to a grub of the highest order..I only hope he never comes back..10 years was too lenient..he gets the right of appeal in 5 years..let’s hope no idiot allows him a way back into Rugby League as they have done in the past..

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
10 years effectively is life for him. 54 before he can play park footy again, and 49 before he can even be involved in the sport again.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are low life piece of shit....shouldn't be allowed anywhere near sports ground or a park for that matter.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be jailed tbh. What could he have to contribute to society? (besides more kids)

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Theres fights every week in a grade footy...that's why people sign up to play

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Played the race card,what a flog just fucking own it that you were a dick

Status
Not open for further replies.