John Hopoate banned for 10 years from Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Minutes into the match coming off the bench, and this happened. Video at the link.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...s/news-story/bcef6edd271a241df3be7b227132ccc9

JOHN Hopoate made violent threats towards players during a foul-mouthed tirade after he blindsided an opponent with two cowardly punches and was sent off in a local Sydney rugby league match.

Explosive footage obtained by foxsports.com.au shows the former NRL badboy lost control after slapping a player while playing for Narraweena Hawks against the Forestville Ferrets in Sydney’s north on Saturday.

He can be seen throwing two jabs from the side as his teammate tussled with the Ferrets’ lock forward before repeatedly threatening to “bash you c***s” and being sent off by the referee.

A Forestville assistant coach alleged that Hopoate approached the Ferrets’ bench after the send-off and said “I’m gonna take you behind the sheds and f***ing flog you”. Hopoate denies that allegation.

It is understood four others, including a ground manager, have issued reports also alleging harassment from the sidelines. One player sent a complaint directly to NSWRL after the match.

Manly JRL confirmed it was in the process of collating the material and readying it for submission to the NSWRL. NSWRL told Fox Sports charges were expected to be handed down later on Tuesday. “We are confident the judiciary committee will deal with the issue appropriately,” a spokesperson said.

“Within moments of being on the field, (Hopoate) committed 2 dangerous penalties, and then king hit one of our players twice! Only after the second offence did the referee send him off,” part of the email read.

“Furthermore, he then proceeded to stand behind our bench and intimidate threaten our players to ‘bash them after game’.”

Hopoate told Fox Sports he “acted like an idiot” but denies making further threats off the field.

“It was heat of the moment. It’s footy it happens on the field and that’s it. I carried on like an idiot and got sent off that’s it. I carried on like an idiot, who cares, it’s the story of my life. I said I’d bash him on the field but what’s wrong with that?

The former Sea Eagles and Kangaroos winger said he would apologise to the Ferrets players at training on Tuesday night.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
EVERYONE has to watch the video... it's far worse than the article makes out... Complete dumb **** ...

I can see him getting a complete ban for life.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/07/24/nswrl-statement--hopoate-charges/

Following an on-field incident in which he was sent-off during a match against the Forestville Ferrets last weekend, Narraweena Hawks player John Hopoate has been charged with a medium range striking offence which carries a four-match ban from Rugby League.

Additionally, Hopoate has also been charged with three other offences relating to circumstances of his behaviour after the match official dealt with the matter in the Manly District Junior Rugby League competition.

Those three Code of Conduct offences have been referred directly to the NSWRL Conduct Review Panel, which will meet tomorrow night (Wednesday 25 July) to deal with the charges and set appropriate penalties if the charges are proven.

NSWRL Chief Executive David Trodden said: "I am confident our Conduct Review Panel will deal with the matter appropriately. "NSWRL will make further comment after the judiciary process has been completed."

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor Will Hopoate...More Mature than his Dad.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with him just a fruitcake i cant believe will has turned out as good as he has

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't get why he's allowed to be involved in league in any capacity, first he fingers blokes arseholes which is absolutely vile/reprehensible fucking feral on every level. Then he gets done for numerous assult charges, Now this!

When will league learn the prick is nothing but a thug and a flog who only knows three things: how to impregnate women, fingering footballers and violence

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't get why he's allowed to be involved in league in any capacity, first he fingers blokes arseholes which is absolutely vile/reprehensible fucking feral on every level. Then he gets done for numerous assult charges, Now this!

When will league learn the prick is nothing but a thug and a flog who only knows three things: how to impregnate women, fingering footballers and violence
One outta three aint bad...hehe

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe this guy is still allowed to lace up a boot and I feel for Will Hopoate as he has no choice but to be related to him.

Unbelievable if they don't ban him for life and honestly his days should have finished long ago.....

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
How is this total fuckwit still relevant I will never know and yes, I was at that finger up the butt game years ago.

I for one feel sorry for Will too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s like he bought the book on how to be a shitty person, got somebody literate to read it to him and then said to himself incomplete. Allow me to add another chapter.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
At least hes aiming a bit higher with his hands these days lol. Hard to believe he is Will's father

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well I think he's banned from being a bouncer, and looks like being banned from being a footballer... so he's running out of potential career paths.

The Scaffolding, Landscaping, Labour Hire, and Arborists Associations should ban him just incase he decides to fancy his hand there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NSWRL STATEMENT | Hopoate Charges Update
Tue 24 Jul 2018, 03:29 PM
Narraweena Hawks player John Hopoate has today taken the early plea on a medium range striking offence and will be suspended immediately from Rugby League until the remaining three Code of Conduct charges have been heard and determined next week.

The length of suspension will be finalised when Hopoate faces the NSWRL Conduct Review Panel next Wednesday (1 August) after advising he was unavailable to attend the initial hearing set for tonight (25 July).

The striking charge followed an on-field incident in which he was sent-off during a match against the Forestville Ferrets in the Manly District Junior Rugby League competition last weekend.

Hopoate's other Code of Conduct offences relate to circumstances of his behaviour after the Match Official dealt with the matter.

I can see a biiiiig suspension coming up as clear as day he's issuing threats.

Knowing how fucking dumb the bloke is, he'll probably get suspended, rock up to the Forestville Ferrets next game, and lay the bloke out in the carpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.