Hook turn time - The Positives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay had the option of putting Brown to fullback and Hoppa to right centre but his problem with Brown is clouding his judgement.
So you weaken a key position like FB by putting Brown in and that helps? Playing a cameo in the reggies doesn't make you a FB. He's a half/DH nothing more. Not only that we then have no-one to replace Lichaa who went off with a HIA, but would've gone off anyway at some stage. That would've left a gaping hole up the middle. Bottom line is given the bench we had there really wasn't a better option than what we had.

While I get everyone (myself included) is disappointed that we couldn't hold on, realistically that was a pretty good effort by all the players last night. Even Priest played pretty well. Sure they made a couple of errors and in the end couldn't hold off a rampaging Raiders but they put in everything in that game and with an ounce of luck would've and should've won. They were by far the best team for almost the entire game.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's just rubbish. One thing that Holland has been is good defensively for the past couple of years and now he is getting crucified for not being able to tackle with a busted shoulder. He ran with good purpose and speed last night and early on was giving it to the Raiders. It was only when he hurt his shoulder that he dropped away not because he wasn't in position but because he didn't have the strength in his arm to execute. The kid showed plenty of ticker staying on knowing we didn't have another "holland" on the bench to replace him.
A busted shoulder ?? He didnt even get in front of them to use his shoulder he got burnt on the outside for speed all night,he either was in terrible position or really slow but his misses were nothing to do with a shoulder

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A busted shoulder ?? He didnt even get in front of them to use his shoulder he got burnt on the outside for speed all night,he either was in terrible position or really slow but his misses were nothing to do with a shoulder

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I honestly hope it was just a busted shoulder, let's see how he goes this week.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s nice to have any Elliott hate on here for once lol
he deserved the criticism earlier in the year ... but now he deserves credit, because he's showing the potential that was expected of him.. only now am I seeing a first grader ..

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The positives are we are scoring more than 10 pts per game!
Conceding 6 points against the roots and still losing was soooo painful (as we beat the cows in NQ week before)
Obviously we should have beaten the raiders but putting 36 on the knights last week and scoring 28 on the wkend, good signs moving forward.
Lewis looks the goods. Martin is a beast.
I am as optimistic as can be for next year.
Get our squad sorted, and with a good pre season with no distractions, let's get back to where we should be!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im convinced Lewis, Martin & Ogden are all first grade material going into 2019..

Still unsure about JMK & R Smith
Agree:
The issue is Lewis & Martin are unsigned.

JMK & R Smith are both locked away for 2019
I am happy enough with both theses guys.

We should be jumping on deals for Lewis & Martin though.

Along with Bergamin & Harper. Not sure of either of these guys contract status. But we should be kept.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the way it was dangling at the ground he either did his shoulder or he developed cerebral palsy after 10 mins. It was hanging there and he could hardly move it. The Raiders took a shot at him straight away and he couldn't stop them. Even the commentators noticed it. Not sure why you didn't. No doubt he got needled up at half time but he was in trouble for three quarters of the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
- Martin getting more game time.
- Smith carrying the ball from our half.
- Lewis getting on the ball a lot more and looking to create.
- Elliott's brain keeping up with his actions and playing smart footy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Holland shoulder is ‘busted’ then he won’t be named Tomorrow

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Holland shoulder is ‘busted’ then he won’t be named Tomorrow
Yes you would think if the reason for him missing those tackles which Ied to tries was a legitmate injured shoulder then he couldn't be passed as fit for this week. However, why was he kept on. Also, who can take his place?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why we name lots of players who don't play on the day.....
Because if he’s legit injured and no chance of playing then Pay will be wasting a spot in the 22

If he’s injured don’t name him

If he’s fit he will be named

Simple

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spot on,the effort was great,3 bad defensive reads from Holland,cost us badly,in attack his a 7,defense a 3
Disagree!! the one most single momentum swinger was when fuck whit Lichaa had the one on one strip against him not far out from our line which resulted in that fucking try that broke us after an awesome defensive effort, that really turned the tide for a bunch of young blokes in our side TBH

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the way it was dangling at the ground he either did his shoulder or he developed cerebral palsy after 10 mins. It was hanging there and he could hardly move it. The Raiders took a shot at him straight away and he couldn't stop them. Even the commentators noticed it. Not sure why you didn't. No doubt he got needled up at half time but he was in trouble for three quarters of the game.
Didnt realise his shoulder stopped him running sideways because he just got beaten on the outside over and over nothing to do with his shoulder

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because if he’s legit injured and no chance of playing then Pay will be wasting a spot in the 22

If he’s injured don’t name him

If he’s fit he will be named

Simple
And he can't get over his injury in 7 days? He hasn't got cancer, he's got a problem with his shoulder. May well be soft tissue. I don't know and I doubt the club is going confess his injury to the world.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis continues to play average hopefully at end of season he will be up to first grade standard

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt realise his shoulder stopped him running sideways because he just got beaten on the outside over and over nothing to do with his shoulder
Well even if that were true and I doubt it is, what was he going to do when he got there, trip him?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And he can't get over his injury in 7 days? He hasn't got cancer, he's got a problem with his shoulder. May well be soft tissue. I don't know and I doubt the club is going confess his injury to the world.
Players get injured on a weekly basis what’s the big secret here?

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
So you weaken a key position like FB by putting Brown in and that helps? Playing a cameo in the reggies doesn't make you a FB. He's a half/DH nothing more. Not only that we then have no-one to replace Lichaa who went off with a HIA, but would've gone off anyway at some stage. That would've left a gaping hole up the middle. Bottom line is given the bench we had there really wasn't a better option than what we had.

While I get everyone (myself included) is disappointed that we couldn't hold on, realistically that was a pretty good effort by all the players last night. Even Priest played pretty well. Sure they made a couple of errors and in the end couldn't hold off a rampaging Raiders but they put in everything in that game and with an ounce of luck would've and should've won. They were by far the best team for almost the entire game.
Nope sorry, I totally disagree with you.
Holland should have come off for a Brown.
Did you see Brown at fullback?
I did and he looked at home there.
And it was Pay who suggested he play there for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.