Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just hope he plays better than he did against the panthers at belmore the day titans towelled us up. 4 passes I counted went to ground passing it behind the intended receiver. Not bagging him already because I haven't seen a lot of him but I was deliberately keeping my eye on him that day because of the hype. Wasn't impressed but just hoping he was having an off day or something (could have just been belmore that day) Good luck to the kid in FG tho hope he goes well
34 players across two Dogs teams were off that day lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing that sticks out the most when I watch him play is he competes on every play, tries to always be in the game with repeat efforts

I’m not expecting miracles I just hope he goes well for remainder of the season and we re sign him on a modest contract but the lure of consistent first grade footy

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am happy he is getting a shot and hope he does well. I even hope he proves me wrong. There are people on here who think he is the saviour, I am just being realistic and hope these guys don't rip into him when they see he isn't as good as they think he is.
HaceDog, I agree mate. The kid is really nothing special. Good footballer but definitely not a half. He’s a centre. Good defence, but lacks the speed. Everyone is hoping he is our answer in the halves but he’s not. I really hope I get egg on my face and he proves me wrong.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing that sticks out the most when I watch him play is he competes on every play, tries to always be in the game with repeat efforts

I’m not expecting miracles I just hope he goes well for remainder of the season and we re sign him on a modest contract but the lure of consistent first grade footy
no i am not either, i like the way he competes. wish him luck.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
HaceDog, I agree mate. The kid is really nothing special. Good footballer but definitely not a half. He’s a centre. Good defence, but lacks the speed. Everyone is hoping he is our answer in the halves but he’s not. I really hope I get egg on my face and he proves me wrong.
i actually would prefer him in the centres as well. His nothing special right now and i dont expect anything special from him on sat. but its his first game in fg. Can only get better. Glad his getting his chance.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What Lewis offers is very good vision. He reads the game very well, which is something that is hard to teach.

Short kicking game is good, and he's almost always dangerous with the ball in hand.

I have seen a few of the Intrust games and I saw a lot of kicking well short of the tryline from 10 metres out or kicking into other players.

Eh this is what it says on his stats for 2018. The big fat 0 doesn't really back up your comment does it!
View attachment 6335
Not sure how that stat is calculated.

E.G Does it only count if you kick through and force the drop out yourself?

I literally saw him make one the other week watching the game, not sure how they are exactly counted.

Quite a number of times he's kicked into the ingoal and players have tackled the player resulting in a drop out this year.

So maybe it's only counted towards the tackler that forces the drop out.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would of put Lewis in the centres to partner Holland. And play Brown at 5/8th, and piss Montoya off.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What Lewis offers is very good vision. He reads the game very well, which is something that is hard to teach.

Short kicking game is good, and he's almost always dangerous with the ball in hand.

Not sure how that stat is calculated.

E.G Does it only count if you kick through and force the drop out yourself?

I literally saw him make one the other week watching the game, not sure how they are exactly counted.

Quite a number of times he's kicked into the ingoal and players have tackled the player resulting in a drop out this year.

So maybe it's only counted towards the tackler that forces the drop out.
It is under kicking so I would say it is the kicker, not he tackler. I don't know if that stat is right or not but from what I have seen I wouldn't say he has a good kicking game. Like I said he left a few well short of the tryline and kicked into defenders a couple of times.
Anyway, good luck to him, hope he goes good

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember you saying that, he has good enough ball skills and football sense so it's possible. I still kind of want to see him as an edge forward though lol.
I too have been thinking that for a while.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Love the kid, he might make a mistake or 2 but at least he does it trying something. Defence is rock solid for a half. My little boy loves him soo much he styles his hair like Lewis.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His an out n out 5/8.. His not a center.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/16/panthers-topple-bulldogs-at-belmore/ - First Dogs try backing up (in halves).
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/04/21/jets-miracle-comeback-stuns-dogs/ - Second Dogs try (in centres with Frawley/Brown halves).
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/04/29/toomaga-and-brown-dominate-blacktown/ - Second Dogs Try (in centres with Cleeland/Brown halves).
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/20/bulldogs-overcome-injuries-in-knights-win/ - Second Dogs Try (in centres with Cleeland/Frawley halves).

Worth noting I believe that the club might have been playing him in the centres as there is a greater chance of a backline injury and him being promoted.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No worries mate, next time I see Chris Anderson I’ll tell him “KLiI doesn’t agree with you Chris”
Good man... Somebodies got to let him know and I bet you got more time on your hands than I do.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy with the lad so far.
Yep he is going OK. In fact most of the young blokes are going pretty well at the moment. we might be behind on the board but they are playing an enterprising brand of footy moving it both sides of the ruck. Even though people are picking on JMK I thought overall he has played much better so far tonight. He might have made a defensive error for the last try but he has made plenty of tackles and is passing much better. Have to admit even Montoya is defending better in the centres than he does at wing. No doubt BMoz has something to do with that!

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
He’s better than frawley the shit ****

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the 1st game my daughter has sat & watched a whole Bulldogs game with me she's 14. Asked her why she decided to watch the reply was cause Lewis & Holland are hot lol need to dust off my old base ball bat soon I think.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was the 1st game my daughter has sat & watched a whole Bulldogs game with me she's 14. Asked her why she decided to watch the reply was cause Lewis & Holland are hot lol need to dust off my old base ball bat soon I think.
Start polishing him up mate, get that shotgun too

Status
Not open for further replies.