Canterbury promise to hunt down world’s best young league talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to the bush or buy bush kids already in the city nrl, exciting times the club lost track

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone but klemmer. If we lose him I'm gonna be very pissed
I would be very surprised if they let kleemer or Jackson go. These two they will build a new team around them. I for one since joining the kennel have be wanting to see lewis in fg. Something special about him. has talent. Started a few threads on him now I can see that maybe he is involved in the start of there building the new team. As well as a few others joining the club next year. Exited for the years ahead. Pride in our club again.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was in charge of our junior development & recruitment before the Desaster era?

Before Desaster came in we had a few players in our systems - Klemmer, Jackson, Tapau, Finucane, Barba, Reynolds & Kasiano.

Since Desaster & Cleal were here along with whoever our development crew were, who do we have to show for it today or ever since their tenure? Montoya? Fualalo?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a lot of things that have to happen between now and then but it would be awesome to get back to the days when you could see genuine NRL players coming through the ranks. It was pretty exciting back in the day seeing a player like Roy Asotasi for example coming through the grades and dominate at each level then be confident he would kill it in the NRL.
They were good days.. how good is it to get on here and actually talk positive about what’s happening

dribble73

New Pup
Reaction score
Who was in charge of our junior development & recruitment before the Desaster era?

Before Desaster came in we had a few players in our systems - Klemmer, Jackson, Tapau, Finucane, Barba, Reynolds & Kasiano.

Since Desaster & Cleal were here along with whoever our development crew were, who do we have to show for it today or ever since their tenure? Montoya? Fualalo?
Mulholland

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate if klemmer is on a mill a year, I say cut him.

Sounds ruthless, but a halfback/5 8 are hard to find. And klemmer is hardly Jason tomololo , aka break a game open. We should recycle those funds and just go for the best around.
But Klemmer is a bulldog born and bred , he is what we need the young guys to aspire to , without a benchmark there is no goals

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chris don't joke about looking as far as Russia, there are some BIG BOYS in Russia that could become top notch forwards and play long minutes. F@ck it I can't help myself, Rusev udrya Rusev machka!
I remember we played Russia in the 1992 Nissan 7s & Sterlo was glowing about one of their players - Michael Piskunov! I think he just loved saying his surname.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if that let kleemer or Jackson go. These two they will build a new team around them. I for one since joining the kennel have be wanting to see lewis in fg. Something special about him. has talent. Started a few threads on him now I can see that maybe he is involved in the start of there building the new team. As well as a few others joining the club next year. Exited for the years ahead. Pride in our club again.
Jackson I think and hope will stay. Seems like the kind of guy who doesn't shirk or run when things get tough. Think he's form has been affected recently but should be moved to lock and needs support around him. Klemmer is just a machine that keeps on going and is easily my favourite current bulldog

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As others have said we can't rely on what worked in the 80's and 90's alone. A lot of things have changed in the game since those times.

Yes, find and develop talent but we need established players around them to help. An established player with the right attitude will buy into the culture, like players that came to the club in 09.
Like the cowboys and broncos have done. Lol

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson has the right idea , look at the Rorters... no matter what they actually spend or cheat they do bring in a lot of lower graders into grade ... they may steal everyone's youngings but as they bring many to grade they are on the cheap, compared to having to buy an entire established 1st grade side even if the players are all plodders

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Panthers though they develop so many players that if they lose a few it doesn’t bother them. Hopefully we can get to that stage.
Yea good point, Penrif have been decemented by injuries for last few seasons and keep unearthing quality. That Tyrone May looks half decent and his stuck behind Cleary and Maloney.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A tonne of good young talent gets developed by clubs only to be pouched by another club as they start to find their feet in first grade. We can't rely on what worked in the 70's. Meaningful Contracts and loyalty are gone.
This is exactly what i was thinking

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our team is lacking speed. If you want speed and talent then get someone from Fiji or Africa. These guys have natural talent. they are born athletes

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Kennel can be a source of assistant coaches whenever the club needs

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Bulldogs will pursue youngsters across Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, France, Samoa, England and Fiji". What so we are only looking at countries that play rugby? Guys the dogs should be in Africa. Even if they don't know how to play they will at least have a million times more speed than our bunch that apparently know how to play footy. Someone show this link to chris:

https://www.livescience.com/10716-scientists-theorize-black-athletes-run-fastest.html

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris don't joke about looking as far as Russia, there are some BIG BOYS in Russia that could become top notch forwards and play long minutes. F@ck it I can't help myself, Rusev udrya Rusev machka!
Ian Rubin, one of the best.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On a serious note why arnt there more middle eastern heritage players playing for the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.