Mbye & Woods "Go Now, Dont Pay Later"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not so down on Woodsy. WE perhaps were hoping for a modern day Geoff Robinson. Take a look at how many times Geoff Robinson touched the ball in this try against Souths and the holes he created for the support players running off him. But that to me is part of the current problem - where are the support players? Don't blame Woods or Klemmer if there are no supports.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...363A268EB3D486CDF5D3363A268EB3D4&&FORM=VRDGAR
100% & that is an issue with coaching & a very lazy fullback.
Woods will get better if the coach worked better with him.
However the club knows another club will take him probably on his full contract that's why he is beenin shopped.
Woods is just another example of the rabble we have become.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than $500k is the real figure.
Where are u getting $700k from?
I got no Idea what the real figure is as I'm not him, I'm not his manager nor the club, but I can clearly remember that when he did re-sign all the reports stated that it was for $700k per season.
This is why our cap is so Frigged Up.

Just to put it into "Des Context" for you - Hasler stated that Tolman was the number one prop in the game.
So, if he signed Woods who wasn't the number one prop in the game for $800k, can you really see him signing his number one prop in the game (in his eyes) for only $500K?
Me no think so.

Des even put Eastwood on $800k this year which is ludicrous even factoring in the back ended deal.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm seeing happen here is sharks and tigers will be back ending their contracts. No way would they have 800k each to spend in their cap at this time of the year. Good luck!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they gone yet!
Reports yesterday stating that Woods will be gone within the next couple of weeks (Neil Breen CH9). Woods may have played his last game for us already, Id say certainly if Tolman is available.
Both Flanagan & Cleary expressed their desire to have each of them prior to June 30, today is June 4 so not much time left.

Last edited:

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% & that is an issue with coaching & a very lazy fullback.
Woods will get better if the coach worked better with him.
However the club knows another club will take him probably on his full contract that's why he is beenin shopped.
Woods is just another example of the rabble we have become.
I agree with most of what you said. I'm just not sure how much Dean Pay can do to make a real difference at this stage, other than to change the squad. The rest is 100% correct though. Woods is a very good prop. He is in the wrong team. He is not what is needed at the Bulldogs right now. The money we save on him needs to be used on our spine. We currently have the worst spine in the comp by far.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone thought what our forward strength will be like without Woods? Fualalo and Tolman are injured. Do we have any suitable ISP forwards to bring up? It's not going to do team morale much good if we are getting smashed in the forwards each game.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not so down on Woodsy. WE perhaps were hoping for a modern day Geoff Robinson. Take a look at how many times Geoff Robinson touched the ball in this try against Souths and the holes he created for the support players running off him. But that to me is part of the current problem - where are the support players? Don't blame Woods or Klemmer if there are no supports.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...363A268EB3D486CDF5D3363A268EB3D4&&FORM=VRDGAR
He was fantastic! A great ball player & good in defence too. One of the most underrated players in the game's history.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So the Sharks want Woods before June 30, as do the Tigers with Mbye.

Here is the deal that makes most sense to me.

Both clubs have stated that they have room in their cap this year, so they can afford to pay them this year.

As we know, our season is finished, so we can still try to gain something, probably not for this year but at least for next year.

THE OFFER
Both players go to their new clubs before June 30 and we will pay them this years wage in full.
In return, their new clubs scrap the freight costs we would normally incur out of our next years cap. We dont pay a cent after this year.

Using Mbye as an example, apparently next year we were to pay him 200k to their 700k. The tigers might say that they only have room next uear to pay 700k, and fair enough.

This is where both Sharks & Tigers have left themselves open to a loophole that we can explore to our advantage.

As both Sharks & Tigers have both publicly stated they have room this year, they pay the players the extra that they are owed for next year to them this year.

For example the Tigers pay Mbye that 200k this year. Its almost like they pay him 200k for half a years contract which is pretty cheap seen that to them he is a 700k plus a year player.

The player loses nothing because we are still paying them their full wage this year and the extra from their new club makes up for less next year.

The other clubs get their man to help them out with a shot at this years premiership & still under the cap.

And we get a full salary cap to work with next year.

Win, win and win, all the way around.

I hope this might be something the club is working towards to put us in a better position to start next season.
Sounds good - in theory. Send this idea to the club - info@bulldogs.com.au - I would.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I got no Idea what the real figure is as I'm not him, I'm not his manager nor the club, but I can clearly remember that when he did re-sign all the reports stated that it was for $700k per season.
This is why our cap is so Frigged Up.

Just to put it into "Des Context" for you - Hasler stated that Tolman was the number one prop in the game.
So, if he signed Woods who wasn't the number one prop in the game for $800k, can you really see him signing his number one prop in the game (in his eyes) for only $500K?
Me no think so.

Des even put Eastwood on $800k this year which is ludicrous even factoring in the back ended deal.
No he is.
Cash wage a bit less than $450k
Approx $50 in tax effective salary sacrifice payments.
Also with Eastwood remember it was a two year contract, he took a lot less year 1.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he is.
Cash wage a bit less than $450k
Approx $50 in tax effective salary sacrifice payments.
Also with Eastwood remember it was a two year contract, he took a lot less year 1.
As I said and have already aknowledged in my post, even though Estwood is heavily back ended, it is still ludicrous that he is taking 800k out of this years cap

So, as for Tolman's wage- what's your source, as evey report I read after he signed said 700k per year. Are you really him? Are you his manager? Or do you work in the clubs player negotiations?

And if it was only 450k, why in the hell did we have him just about signed sealed and delivered to the Sharks effective immediate before things changed when he got injured.

At 450k you would think that the club might see value in that to keep him, but yet they were just about to move him.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So, as for Tolman's wage- what's your source.

At 450k you would think that the club might see value in that to keep him, but yet they were just about to move him
A. Loan application & income verification documentation.

B. Don't know. Easy to move & don't have to chip in perhaps.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said and have already aknowledged in my post, even though Estwood is heavily back ended, it is still ludicrous that he is taking 800k out of this years cap

So, as for Tolman's wage- what's your source, as evey report I read after he signed said 700k per year. Are you really him? Are you his manager? Or do you work in the clubs player negotiations?

And if it was only 450k, why in the hell did we have him just about signed sealed and delivered to the Sharks effective immediate before things changed when he got injured.

At 450k you would think that the club might see value in that to keep him, but yet they were just about to move him.
Let me ask you this.
What do you think Tolman's market value is?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A. Loan application & income verification documentation.

B. Don't know. Easy to move & don't have to chip in perhaps.
So if true, you've just broken every confidentially law that exists within the rules of what you are claiming you have or have had access to and have left yourself open to litigation ...... yeah right

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me ask you this.
What do you think Tolman's market value is?
Doesn't matter what I think he is worth as far as our current salary cap predicament goes, its what those 3 circus clowns Des, Ray & Raelene thought he was worth & offered him which was reportedly way overs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone thought what our forward strength will be like without Woods? Fualalo and Tolman are injured. Do we have any suitable ISP forwards to bring up? It's not going to do team morale much good if we are getting smashed in the forwards each game.
Tolman is back this week.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You may be joking but the reality is Tolman has been our starting prop since 2011 and will be fist pumping the air with news Woods going

The fkd up thing is we sacrificed Graham for Woods and the latter is pissing off possibly next week
Pack ya bags mbop fuck off now dont wait till next week

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So if true, you've just broken every confidentially law that exists within the rules of what you are claiming you have or have had access to and have left yourself open to litigation ...... yeah right
OMG this whole forum is based on rumors & gossip.
Yes I got told because the credit manager knows I follow Rugby League & Canterbury.
Look I don’t give a fuck where you believe me or not frankly.
But the constant over inflated salaries quoted on the Kennel is just ridiculous.
Tolman is a workhorse prop. He got offered 4 year deal at around his worth.
That people think he is getting paid $700k to $800k a year says more about their lack of commonsense.
Pushing back the frontiers of ignorance on the Kennel about player salaries is almost a full time job.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what I think he is worth as far as our current salary cap predicament goes, its what those 3 circus clowns Des, Ray & Raelene thought he was worth & offered him which was reportedly way overs.
Reported by who? Point me to an article.

With ratchet clause & incentives the maximum under his 3 year contract is $1.7m.

Status
Not open for further replies.