Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Crisp passes, dangerous out dummy half and some footy smarts. Haven’t seen that in while.

Turned the game around
He was good but keep in mind if he plays hooker, he will be as gassed as JMK at 60 minutes no doubt about it. I think Holland replaces Montoya in the backs, and maybe he or Brown from the bench can rotate with JMK when hes gassed. It would benefit us more to get rid of Montoya and starts Holland in the backs, than to have Montoya in, and have holland play hooker part of the game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was good but keep in mind if he plays hooker, he will be as gassed as JMK at 60 minutes no doubt about it. I think Holland replaces Montoya in the backs, and maybe he or Brown from the bench can rotate with JMK when hes gassed. It would benefit us more to get rid of Montoya and starts Holland in the backs, than to have Montoya in, and have holland play hooker part of the game.
Think I'd rather see Holland start, then bring in Marshall-King when Holland needs a rest.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland’s role is perfect, it’s not broke why fix it??
It’s working , DO NOT change it!!

Not yet.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His energy late in the game off the bench is what carried us in the end. Keep him where he is. Some players are better off playing 20 full of energy than 60 drained.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks, just because someone comes on and plays a good few minutes doesn't mean we should play him there from the start! Happy for him to play 20-25mins at hooker to speed up the play whilst tired fowards are on the field!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest his passes were generally on the mark, but had some shockers too. But like others have said as an impact player he changed the game the last 2 weeks, so I can't hate him as much as I used to. I would still rather a proper utility, but can't bag out holland because last 2 weeks he was a game changer.

For mine Montoya needs to go, he has no speed for some reason? I used to think he was a flyer, but he takes longer to turn then a old school chopper. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a go in the back line (either winger or maybe more so centre). Would be good to see someone like Nu Brown starting and using JMK for the last 20. But hey its hard to change a winning team right? And its hard to shit on a player that is playing out of position but has made an impact with minimal game time the last 2 weeks.

As much as I hate holland I think he probably deserves a try in the backline again.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think I'd rather see Holland start, then bring in Marshall-King when Holland needs a rest.
Issue i have with that is it doesnt solve the Montoya problem

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Holland was great and shits all over Montoya as a player but i will admit he was assisted by coming on when the defence was tiring. I would start Holland in the backs, but not at hooker. And hes wasted being relief hooker for 20 minutes a game

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Issue i have with that is it doesnt solve the Montoya problem
I get that, and Montoya leaves us exposed on the wing. Watching other sides, they all seem to have wingers who leave their post and let in tries. It comes down to their centres not drifting across and leaving gaps the wingers have to plug. Not sure Holland would be any different.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland made some good runs from dummy half but he can do this playing on Montoya's wing.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence up the middle from the start will stop him very quickly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucking hell lol. His runs from dh were great but that's down to him being a back. Start him and his defence and service will be caught our big time. Would rather just run with Brown and give Holland a chance on our right edge.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bench impact is what the club needs. So far he has excelled at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.