Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of all the Fijian wingers in the world we seem to have the slowest one
Vutavalu puts Montoya in his pocket and plays with him like his 5 cent coins. Montoya is not even his arsehole.

Surely there is a shot load more Vutavalus out there that we can recruit at a bargain.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Put anyone on that wing and we will still get fucked. That right edge is a complete joke, the defensive systems are garbage.
no perrett was blamed, so now i want blame for montoya

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya was ment too be our next big thing “winger” he has had good patches, but mostly disappointing. A pirtt to see another promising player fall, seems to be the theme at the moment.. must be contagious!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah definitely. The point I am making is for years & years we have always had at least one defensive weak link on the wing
Yeah, I don't disagree at all mate, it was just amazing to see Gagai looked so lost trying to make decisions out there tonight, someone who's probably in the best 2-4 backs in the game...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why O Why did we let Lee go, O yes it was because of his poor defence, but he was our best attacking option.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why O Why did we let Lee go, O yes it was because of his poor defence, but he was our best attacking option.

Lee actually left on his own accord to sign with Titans due to sick family member.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is way too slow and gets demolished every time he takes the ball up, he is partly the reason we don’t get out of our red zone.
Mansour should be priority target for next year and beyond.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m going to submit a Business Case to Andrew Hill, give me return flights to Fiji, accommodation and unlimited Kava for a week and I’ll come back with 2 x kick-ass, big ass, fast, strong wingers!

Problems solved!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people here are saying Montoya needs to be dropped only after his last performance. Also, I can bet you that the many people on here that are saying this have previously said he is a good player. I have never said that Montoya is a good player because Rona was my favourite player and i have never seen Montoya do anything Rona like. Okay, In his first few games he did some pretty cool things like jump in the air and take some good catches and score a few. But, Montoya's record has been shocking. Since he has been in this team the Dogs just keep losing. Now i am not saying we are losing because of Montoya but it is true that when Montoya plays we are a high chance of losing. He has demonstrated that he is a liability in defence this year. However, the interesting thing for me is he never scores anymore. Good NRL teams have capable wingers that score plenty. Rona was one- whenever he touched the ball he scored and Perret would score plenty as well.
Therefore, this might sound slack, but ever since Montoya came in to the side the Dogs have gone really bad.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to see bergamin in the side on tje wing instead

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks that Montoya is too slow and has no idea in defence. I thought that Holland would be a better choice, he is a goalkicker but is no better a footballer. Maybe Olive is worth a go, would be no worse. We are in for a long season.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks that Montoya is too slow and has no idea in defence. I thought that Holland would be a better choice, he is a goalkicker but is no better a footballer. Maybe Olive is worth a go, would be no worse. We are in for a long season.
Yeah, definitely. Holland or Olive should be ahead of Montoya. However, Olive was let go from the titans and rabbits early. That’s a bit concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.