Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Had another look at who is off contract heading into 2019. If we could get him relatively decent price what are people's thoughts on Tim Glasby ? I think landing him and Ah Mau would give us the stability we need in front row rotations.
As for back-row im very unsure, i think we need to chase young blokes do you gun hard for Kaufusi or Marsters ? or do you wait for a shot at Hess and potentially miss out previous options...
Personally i think this line up would be pretty balanced; 8. Woods, 9. Lichaa, 10. Klemmer, 11. Mariner, 12. Kaufusi or Marsters, 13. Jackson, 14. 'utility', 15. Ah Mau, 16. Glasby, 17. To'Omaga

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players in bold are players off contract this year

1. Mbye
2. Fingerhersome (Rorters)
3. Josh Morris (2 yr extension - 2nd yr club favour)
4. Isaako (Groncos)
5. Brett Morris (2 yr extension - 2nd yr club favour)
6. Lachlan Coote (Cowboys)
7. Foran
8. Sharon
9. Jake Granville (Cowboys)
10. Skip Hop Jump Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Ethan Lowe (Cowboys)
13. Jackson

14. Lichaa
15. Jnr Paulo (Raiders)
16. To'omaga
17. Ogden

Hopefully Brandon Wakeham will be ready by 2020 when Foran breaks down.
Very good balance but you're dreaming we would land those players.

We would probably be lucky to nab one of those players

Does anyone know how long did our previous supercoach re-sign Hoppa, Elliott, Fualalo, Tolman and Holland for?

How long has Nu Brown been signed for?

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
realistically guys like sauaso sue and jayden sua should be targeted not many players off contract that are better then whats already here

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tom opacic Would be a gun signing off the top of my head,he guna be a good player.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should go after the following:
Paulo
Fuimaono

Re-sign Moz twins on cheap contracts and go into 2019 like this:

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Olive
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Fuimaono
13. Jackson

14. Paulo
15. Ogden
16. To'omaga
17. Brown

Fuimaono brings some nice speed and skill and only being 21 can be a good long-term option for us, Paulo off the bench is scary when on top of his game he can be a wrecking ball.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Michael Jennings is also off contract. I just read on Fox Sports.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do we bring ben barba home?
Why bring the rat back? This is not his home. He can't stay somewhere long enough to have a home. Mbye is just getting started and will be alot better aswell. And if it's for 5/8 well no thanks to that

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
M Jennings off contract too but at 30 years old and 700k may as well stick with J Moz

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Guys like Papalii, Paulo will be wanting to start. I don't see them starting with Klemmer Woods JJ and RFM in the team. RFM deserves to start and stay starting, fuck Papalli taking his spot and back to the bench for the kid. Sauso Sue is a player in and out of first grade but he is a gun. I think someone like him would just be happy to be in the 17.
We should go after the following:
Paulo
Fuimaono

Re-sign Moz twins on cheap contracts and go into 2019 like this:

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Olive
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Fuimaono
13. Jackson

14. Paulo
15. Ogden
16. To'omaga
17. Brown

Fuimaono brings some nice speed and skill and only being 21 can be a good long-term option for us, Paulo off the bench is scary when on top of his game he can be a wrecking ball.
You can bet your life Hoppa will be in the team in 2019

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are lacking some punch in the contact with our hit ups and i would look to bring across Junior Paulo to play off the bench... i also think we could use another workhorse in the back row as a middle third player and i would monitor Shaun Fensom... i am just worried about his injuries and whether he could stay on the field for a longer period

obviously, someone like Michael Morgan would be great for the team but i cannot imagine the Cowboys will let him slip thru their grasp

it might be worth taking a punt on Jayden Nikorima for a utility role off the bench

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO we are really missing a forward that threatens to bust the line with every run, although RFM has that potential (maybe more weight training and a little more practise on straight line hole running).

We need to find our own version of a Taumalolo, Cohen Hess, SBW, Sam Burgess and so on, and I think the back row version would suit our team better.

I like Felese Kafusi but I'm not sure if he is that explosive type. If we did nab him though, we do have the option of Jackson to 13 and a very handy backrow of 11.RFM 12.Kafusi 13.Jackson.

As far as outside backs go, that really comes down to what the club does with the Morris Boys which is a really hard decision. IMO, I would only move them on if your replacing them with someone better. Short term contracts might eventuate.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to pick up a couple of Curtis Rona type players in various positions. Good players on the cusp of first grade is what we need. Park footballers paying 2nd grade rugby in NZ would run rings around our pack.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone clarify this below;

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

I know tolman, j Moz and I think Eastwood are eligible for this now. I just want to know each of these 3 players can take up to 200k on top of their contract or is it 200k only be divided amongst the 3 players??

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
we are lacking some punch in the contact with our hit ups and i would look to bring across Junior Paulo to play off the bench... i also think we could use another workhorse in the back row as a middle third player and i would monitor Shaun Fensom... i am just worried about his injuries and whether he could stay on the field for a longer period

obviously, someone like Michael Morgan would be great for the team but i cannot imagine the Cowboys will let him slip thru their grasp

it might be worth taking a punt on Jayden Nikorima for a utility role off the bench
We would probably would just be better of going for Ethan Lowe and moving Jacko to lock instead of Fensom. However i'd be all for him if he was happy to play off the bench. J.Nikorima would definately be worth the punt imo

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ethan lowe
Esan marsters
Josh mansour
Leeson ah mau
Jack coggar

Good spree that one that shouldnt break the bank...