The Official "Weekend" Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so the Weekend has come and gone, but let's discuss what we did.

Friday: SFA. Just enjoyed coming home after a long-ass week at work and going to bed early.
Saturday: I had a bucks night. It was a big one, 60-odd guys in a backyard. Lebanese BBQ, beers, shots, arcade games - was fun.
Sunday: Christmas party fully catered for - in a hall mind you. 120-odd people were there. Always takes a lot out of you.
Worked i had 2 days off in October before that maybe a half day here or there been punching out 7day weeks 6 days to go then 6 weeks off.
Farrrrrkkkkk yeah

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ministry of Sound - Reunion/Christmas bash at the Greenwood. Was all the old industry heads and punters having a bit of a boogie in the Sun and reliving old times. Didn't pull up to shabby so was a fun day out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Friday: Star Wars
Saturday: Had a feed at the smokehouse in Umina then Wanderers Vs Mariners game (funny game)
Sunday: Drove home then did much house work and a little bit of vidya gaming

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Friday: Star Wars
Saturday: Had a feed at the smokehouse in Umina then Wanderers Vs Mariners game (funny game)
Sunday: Drove home then did much house work and a little bit of vidya gaming
That sounds on west ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Took the folks to Sounds on the West. Dad's from Texas so he's pretty picky about his BBQ. He had the beef short rib with the BBQ sauce and kept saying, "This is definitely American. No Australian could BBQ like this"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been it from the people who own six strings brewery
Yep. They serve all their own beers there too but have guest beers as well. A few months back they had a Rammstein beer which was excellent.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Took the folks to Sounds on the West. Dad's from Texas so he's pretty picky about his BBQ. He had the beef short rib with the BBQ sauce and kept saying, "This is definitely American. No Australian could BBQ like this"
You gotta take your old man to a Lebanese BBQ one day. No one does it like Lebs brother. Coal BBQ, kafta, chicken, beef skewers, potatoes, chicken skewers (a healthier alternative to souvlaki), makanek (spicy Lebanese sausages), mixed skewers (meat and veggies) - and that's just the BBQ. Add tabbouleh, fatoush, rice, humous, tomb, and other dishes and you've got a feast for a king!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Let's do this fellas:

Friday: Working back tonight, no half day unfortunately, bringing home the bacon. After work though a crew I used to work with are catching up for drinks so I'll have a couple of pints while walking down memory lane for them.
Saturday: Finish off my Christmas shopping during the day, and catch up on tv shows and Christmas movies at night. Yep, quiet Saturday night.
Sunday: Feels unusual to have Christmas on a Sunday night as I'm usually gearing up for work the next day. So as has been the traditional for as long as I can remember, we'll be going to my uncles house for a BBQ dinner
Monday: Lunch and opening presents with the family, then afternoon tea with extended family. I won't say no to 2 Lebo BBQ's in row :grinning:
Tuesday: Maybe up to Terrigal for the day just to chillax.

Merry Christmas to all my Kennel familia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Friday: Probably won't finish work until sometime in the night then filling my new Marvel Venom Tiki Mug with some happy drink and playing Xbox

Saturday: Probably about time to do Christmas shopping. Technically I already have all my presents (online shopping FTW!) but the Mrs needs to buy some gifts for her friends. I fully expect it to take the whole day

Sunday: Gardening, wrapping presents, then dinner and drinks at the pub with some mates

Monday: Christmas lunch with the in-laws then driving up the coast to do Christmas dinner with the folks

Tuesday: Boxing Day sales 'cause according to the Mrs, shopping doesn't stop when Christmas ends. Then probably relax at the beach if I have time

Then 3 weeks of holidays

Have a good Chrissy everyone

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Friday (today): Chillaxing. Too late in year to look for work.
Saturday: Dropping pooch off at boarding kennels.
Sunday: Heading to regional NSW for a few days to enjoy Christmas with wifes family like we do every year.

Then back here for a few days, wifey back at work, me probably building up a few machines and doing some housework.

Then new year, new beginings, new studies and a new job.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Friday: Footy
Saturday: Helping neighbour knock down concrete fence (it's falling apart, going to tear it down and put a new one in).
Sunday: Lunch with family

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Friday: work then watch footy
Saturday: work then watch footy
Sunday: work then watch footy

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Me:

Friday: went out and watched some of the Cowboys v Broncos game
Saturday: played Touch Football and got smacked
Sunday: my Birthday which was spent mostly in bed sick with a bug

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got totally sloshed, better ease up this week, not like this blokes weekends.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tonight: (Sadly) Watch us most likely lose against the Panthers
Saturday: Work on pulling down my crappy side fence with the neighbour - getting a new one put in
Sunday: Chill out, lunch with the family then watch the footy.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, anyone got anything interesting on this weekend?

I'm entering my 9th week with my in laws in the house, so it's showing them around town and another week with no post baby sex.