I think we'll see...

11. Elliot
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Fualalo
16. Fine
17. JMK (should be tualau)

So... 2 x front row forwards who can play lock, 1 x mobile second rower who can cover centres and 1x playmaker who can cover the 1 to 7 and 9....

I am not a fan of a utility on the bench. Much rather tualau or to'omaga
I'm not happy about Elliott being promoted at this stage, ordinary off the bench and it's another small body into the side at the expense of a bigger body. Can run a good line so that is a plus as i have always felt Jackson has struggled to do so.

It just feels like Pay is doubting himself just a week in and is now messing around with the starting side to try and improve our bench. We will see how it works out i guess.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro honestly beerus would have hakaid Bankstown a couple years ago lmao. Imagine him in the stands watching tolman on 4th always getting the ball ahhaha.
Would spit the dummt and just destroy earth after watching a Hasler coached team lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we'll see...

11. Elliot
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Fualalo
16. Fine
17. JMK (should be tualau)

So... 2 x front row forwards who can play lock, 1 x mobile second rower who can cover centres and 1x playmaker who can cover the 1 to 7 and 9....

I am not a fan of a utility on the bench. Much rather tualau or to'omaga
From the little I saw of Marshall I don’t rate him. Am I in the minority? What’s people’s opinion on him? He came across as a whinger playing above his potential. Sort of like Corey Thompson

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not happy about Elliott being promoted at this stage, ordinary off the bench and it's another small body into the side at the expense of a bigger body. Can run a good line so that is a plus as i have always felt Jackson has struggled to do so.

It just feels like Pay is doubting himself just a week in and is now messing around with the starting side to try and improve our bench. We will see how it works out i guess.
I agree there’s a little double guessing going on from Pay

I think JJ to Lock is a good thing

Elliott starting yeah not sure, ironically he ran a beautiful line in the corresponding match last year at the same ground so here’s hoping

Tualau is a matter of time before he comes in to the team

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup he’s beefed up a little
Good footwork and strong carries, has a bit off an offload if encouraged to use it

I think Elliott will start on edge though
Man I hope not. I don't rate him. Hope he proves me wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree there’s a little double guessing going on from Pay

I think JJ to Lock is a good thing

Elliott starting yeah not sure, ironically he ran a beautiful line in the corresponding match last year at the same ground so here’s hoping

Tualau is a matter of time before he comes in to the team
Yh i wanted Jackson to be moved to lock during preseason, it looks like his best position and a middle of Woods, Klemmer and Jackson is top tier. Jackson at lock could be Trbojevic like.

I was also happy for Fualalo to be given a chance there, i rate him and he's deceptively agile with some pace on him.

But these changes still don't look to fix our issues imo. I just don't see how Fine helps things improve things with this current 17 unless he surprises through the middle.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have one of two options only and that is either Tolman or Jackson to lock, and i definitely prefer Jackson at lock.

Going off last weeks game RFM defence has improved immensely.

Fine looked good in the trial and ISP last week but its tough to gauge what his defence would be like in 1st grade.

You could swap jmoz and hoppa but then again too much chopping and changing aint good unless your at the stage of the year where your out of finals contention.

RFM and Jackson can play the full 80 and Woods & Klemmer can play big minutes so you definitely need a few big poppers on the bench who can play full throttle for 20-25minutes while Klemmer and Woods are having a breather.

Without a doubt, Tualau, Ogden and Toomaga fit that bill to a tee.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh i wanted Jackson to be moved to lock during preseason, it looks like his best position and a middle of Woods, Klemmer and Jackson is top tier. Jackson at lock could be Trbojevic like.

I was also happy for Fualalo to be given a chance there, i rate him and he's deceptively agile with some pace on him.

But these changes still don't look to fix our issues imo. I just don't see how Fine helps things improve things with this current 17 unless he surprises through the middle.
Last year I didn’t rate Fualalo as he was always dominated and seemed so soft with his hit ups, but he was one of the few that surprised me in a positive way in game 1. He didn’t get dominated once ran much harder.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SND ROW: Asipeli Fine
Lock: RFM

INT: Adam Elliott
INT: Danny Fualalo
INT: Jeremy Marshall-King
INT: Aiden Tolman

- RFM plays 80 minutes at lock.
- Elliott and Fine interchange at second row/lock (if required).
- Tolman and Fualalo interchange at prop.
- JMK covers for Lichaa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

- JMK covers for Lichaa.
No.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just fuck off elliot and tolman, bring Martin and tualau.

Sick of this fraud Elliot.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

- JMK covers for Lichaa.
Just no

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our bench was weak as piss so Pay drops a middle forward for another backrower? Can't say i'm convinced about his selections again but i'll wait and see what he does with the team. Guess Jackson to lock is likely now? Happy about that i guess. Still feel the most obvious move is to throw Tualau on the bench though.
Can't have Tualau, he wasn't named in the 21 man squad.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score

- JMK covers for Lichaa.

That is a piss poor bench.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That is a piss poor bench.
Either way you look at it... the bench will end up:

JMK/Fine
Elliott/Fine
Fualalo/Fine
Tolman/Fine

Because one of the above is going to start at lock.

JMK can't play lock, so rule that out.
Tolman or Fualalo at lock means we only have one prop on bench, so rule that out.
Elliot at lock is an option, but that only leaves Fine as replacement second rower, so will be unlikely.

So most logical is RFM at lock, Fine/Elliott in Second Row, Tolman and Fualalo at prop.

Jackson won't get moved to lock.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Either way you look at it... the bench will end up:

JMK/Fine
Elliott/Fine
Fualalo/Fine
Tolman/Fine

Because one of the above is going to start at lock.

JMK can't play lock, so rule that out.
Tolman or Fualalo at lock means we only have one prop on bench, so rule that out.
Elliot at lock is an option, but that only leaves Fine as replacement second rower, so will be unlikely.

So most logical is RFM at lock, Fine/Elliott in Second Row, Tolman and Fualalo at prop.

Jackson won't get moved to lock.
Jackson will definitely get moved to lock and we will be seeing the NSW 8,10 & 13

As much as i loved Eastwood he definitely needs a good couple of months in ISP along with Elliott

We need Tualau on the bench along with either ogden or toomaga or ideally all 3. These 3 are big bodies who hit and run hard. For the two young fellas there is no better way to be blooded into first grade than getting them to run riot for 20 odd minutes off the bench.

After this year Tolman will be surplus but he will be critical come origin time. We will be without Klemmer, Woods and Jackson and god help us if we have Eastwood, Elliott and Fualalo starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.