Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Another thread for our only shinning light in a terrible season. Last night he stepped up another level imo. He ran with more aggression than most of our forwards and was consistently trying to break out of tackles and break up the defensive line rather than just submit to the tackle like so many others.

When was the last time we had a winger like this?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has impressed me man. He and abbey have huge potential. When the morris boys go those 2 should be in the side.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another thread for our only shinning light in a terrible season. Last night he stepped up another level imo. He ran with more aggression than most of our forwards and was consistently trying to break out of tackles and break up the defensive line rather than just submit to the tackle like so many others.

Rona

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's fast becoming my favourite player even with our non existent attack he still stands out and isn't afraid of doing the hard work. For a team that struggles for points I have no idea why we can't bomb to his wing. I really want to see him in open space to see how he stacks up pace wise with NRL players in Cup he looked fast.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Only 2 players this year against all the odds that have improved, Montoya and Jackson and it had nothing to do with the Coach. This is the only positives to season 2017 for me other than when the season is actually over at RD 26.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate this kid highly. Reads a game very well for a winger. Just seems to know how to sum up situations in attack and defense like a spine player. Shame he's on the wing but we are desperate there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Matt Utai lol last winger I remember that ran with purpose

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Morris and Montoya were the only ones that really stood up last night and Morris is on his last legs. Good to see we have at least one good young player.

Mbye is improving at hooker though. Thought he was pretty good there last night.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It pleases me to see how safely he is defusing kicks

Last edited:

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The only one in the backline I would keep. The rest need to be axed. Holland and Hoppa should not have been re signed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been very good this season and getting more confident as the season goes on.

Last night he almost set a try up out of nothing and if Hopoate wasn't so ordinary, we might have scored.

This is what happens when you promote youngsters and give them consistent game time. Montoya and RFM have been the only two positives this season.

Hopefully Hasler gets sacked soon so RFM can get more than 30 minutes per game.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's fast becoming my favourite player even with our non existent attack he still stands out and isn't afraid of doing the hard work. For a team that struggles for points I have no idea why we can't bomb to his wing. I really want to see him in open space to see how he stacks up pace wise with NRL players in Cup he looked fast.
He's definitely not in the top speed class of Roberts, Ado Carr, radradra, French etc. But his aggression and safety with the high ball still makes him my favourite back at the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His top speed isn't anything flash but he has good acceleration. He's basically a slower Vunivalu imo. They share similar traits and ability. I'm sure if Montoya was at the Storm he would be performing equally as good as Vunivalu and hyped up as much as him.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

This is the 1st time IMO we've had a winger with the complete package. Only if he can kick goals.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only one in the backline I would keep. The rest need to be axed. Holland and Hoppa should not have been re signed
They are both excess baggage and not needed.....

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lees ability to put Montoya away could be potentially a devastating attacking force

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever I hear Montoya's surname..I think of this guy..

IMG_0764.JPG

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His first kick return was very Holmes like. Was great to see. Absolutely detroyed May (I think it was??)

Status
Not open for further replies.