Why Des Hasler won't be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
sorry to let you know, but kennel doesn't represent anywhere close to the majority of bulldogs fans or their opinions.

last belmore game was a proof where the stadium was reasonably full despite big calls for the ban belmore game.
Didn't you see the members stand???

It was empty

The blow ins who got freebies and who usually don't go went

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sorry to let you know, but kennel doesn't represent anywhere close to the majority of bulldogs fans or their opinions.

last belmore game was a proof where the stadium was reasonably full despite big calls for the ban belmore game.
That match was always going to be fairly crowded due to it being at Belmore and Reynolds last home game. Our crowds are getting less and less every year.

2015 average home attendance: 20,126
2016 average home attendance: 16,362
2017 average home attendance: 14,743

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We'll brace yourselfs everyone where in shit creek for the next two years thanks heaps dib u wanker

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sack the bludger, I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to coach the bulldogs for free.

Reactions: DT

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless of course your a player looking in on Canterbury and you think, "fuk they have the worse style and so many blokes careers have gone backwards or been destroyed, I would never go there while Des is there". Especially if you are an attacking player and your contract worth is linked to this fact. Let's face it, we haven't attracted any quality signings while Des has been at the club and I wonder why that is? Even traditionally bad clubs for attracting players have signed better than us in the last few seasons......has to be a reason for that? I can't imagine that around the lockers rooms we would be a high valued place to sign with??
Not arguing with that thought process but you would not already be in advanced negotiations with a player if this was the case. Your manager would've said thanks but he's happy at his current club.

Only exception would be if we are used as leverage e.g. Tedesco. I'm sure if we were able to sign 2 more elite players who insisted on no Des, then that might cause a re-think.

Anyway I think Foran and Woods are good signings. Also we don't know what Des would be telling prospective signings about how we will play next year. Assuming it's along the lines that they are the key players we need to enable us to play a better style or something like that.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is exactly why all those who renewed their memberships and keep going to the games have prolonged this.

I bet if our memberships and average crowds were less than 10k the $1mill payout would pale into insignificance with the financial disaster at hand. They would write the cheque to get things back on hand to avoid having to write an even bigger cheque at the end of the year to keep the football club afloat.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So eye brows must be lifted on the dickhead/s who locked us in for 2 more years without any room to move after a string of losses?
These two...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't you see the members stand???

It was empty

The blow ins who got freebies and who usually don't go went
Bullshit. I was in the stand and there were plenty of people in there. I had 7 empty seats beside me simply because my grandchildren couldn't make it not because of anything to do with the club but it was still 2/3 or more full overall.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They will resist at every turn and I don't think it will happen this year sadly, but I don't think Des will see out his contract unless he turns the club's results around big time next year. It is beyond a joke that arse blown Dib has given him a chance.

I really hope Dib goes at the AGM board eld toons, whether it gets rid of Des or not. Anyone that arrogant and self serving will only damage our brand.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, people give me shit for writing essays.

Hasler's reign of terror has turned every Kenneler into Jessica Fletcher.

And after all of our pain and frustration, the club still don't care or listen.
I don't even bother reading some of the essays .. theres one poster in particular that I just completely ignore..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Poor management to hire a guy and then sack him only 2 months later.
It was extremely poor management to renew the contract of a massively underperforming failure based on pie in the sky bullshit talk and unnecessary or stop gap signings.

Paying Des out wouldn't be poor management, it would be mopping up Dib's mess.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Des Out Brigade are in denial.

Why would you re-sign Des and sack him in the same year? It would make the club look even worse. This isn't the Tigers where players dictate who the coach is.
So you are saying that the first priority of the decision making process should be to make decisions that make the club 'look nice' rather than make decisions which actually achieve objectives and result in better overall performances?

The sad thing is that your ridiculous comments are very likely the actual thought processes of the current board members. i.e. they are running scared and making decisions to save face rather than tough decisions that actually bring about better performances by the NRL Team.

Hasler is a joke and giving him another 2 years will simply run the club further into the ground than it already is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit. I was in the stand and there were plenty of people in there. I had 7 empty seats beside me simply because my grandchildren couldn't make it not because of anything to do with the club but it was still 2/3 or more full overall.
Pity that 13,000 out of a 19,000 capacity figures and whenever the televised vision went past the stand there were PLENTY of empty blue seats are contrary to what you saw from your limited vision in your seat

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All players across all games this weekend will be protesting wearing dark green taping to take a stance against the NRL.

But bulldogs fans think it's wrong to protest for change within our sinking club and would prefer to sit back, do nothing and see what happens. What a passionate lot!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't even bother reading some of the essays .. theres one poster in particular that I just completely ignore..
I still write my fair share. It's hard to keep the word count down when we're all venting after years of torture.

I was just pointing out that this whole situation has everyone so worked up that the posts are getting longer and longer!

Reactions: GDR

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That is approximately as delusional as Donald Trumps assessment of how many people were at his inauguration.

The fact that we couldn't sell out Belmore which contains huge emotional attachment for tens and tens of thousands of fans is ridiculous. Are you really going to defend the crowd that was attracted to a Sunday afternoon game at Belmore.

It was clear as day that the hill was patchy at best and the stand looked even more empty.

BTW Do you work for the club or something? I honestly (no offence intended) find it impossible to reconcile how one sided your opinions are and how you seem unable to see the current state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.