Set Play Before Half Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't come off but I liked it had Montoya stayed out would of been in the clear

At least we are trying stuff.... long live Des

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't come off but I liked it had Montoya stayed out would of been in the clear

Montoya was in perfect position. The pass just drifted away from him. I like the play too.

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was definitely the result of some video review.
Would've been great if it came off, but actually made us look foolish.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kasiano would have hit him on the chest
Graham was off balance

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Graham slipped and threw it forward.. think it would have been a try had he pulled the pass off. Montoya had plenty of room, Jmoz was about 15m upfield and Moses was about 20m infield so there would of been enough pace to finish it between those 3. Still was filthy when Grahan fucked it haha

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a clever piece from the Dogs; just not delivered correctly. It did highlight that we are prepared to try moving the ball and looking for gaps to put players into. Graham did that in the second half, when he put Morris into the clear, and set up a great try. I keep saying it, but we may have had this style of play all along; it just needed someone like Frawley to be the catalyst. The confidence the team had with Frawley, Reynolds and Mbye in their respective positions was infective - losing wasn't an option for the Dogs yesterday.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't wait for Frawley to open up his kicking arsenal. As he has a decent grubber and chip on him as well.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I can't wait for Frawley to open up his kicking arsenal. As he has a decent grubber and chip on him as well.
Frawley to Montoya will be awesome, I'd love to see more shifty to el masri style kicks too

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The play was definitely on. I was right in line with it and Montoya didn't read it. Next time maybe Graham should tell him what his doing though haha! Gotta love Graham for his effort. I want him signed before considering Woods without a doubt. His a fricken bulldog and his passion can't be faulted. Amazing the difference in a player when he is aloud to play his natural style. I think critics have been too harsh on the guy without looking at the bigger picture.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see towering bombs instead of the lobs but his accuracy is awesome something we missed

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its one they used a few years ago from kick offs...i got the feeling Graham hadnt told them he was going to do it because they looked a bit unprepared when the ball floated a touch forward...lets face it the refs would have rules forward pass anyway being a dogs try and thankfully the field goal didnt hurt is in the end

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That set play was shear brilliance, It's a pity the pass let us down :(

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
We used it against Souths before -

And it was one of the Burgess brothers with a cover "tackle" on Josh Jackson where it was knees only.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the pass sticks monty scores untouched under the sticks didn't come off and that's all good what I didn't like was the lack of urgency in defence to stop Reynolds kicking the fried goal

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.