Once again our recruitment gurus miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nene Macdonald leaves the Titans to sign a 3 year deal with the Dragons.

Has someone forgotten to tell Cleal and Des that we will be missing a winger next year?

1. BMoz
2. ???????
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

Unless they are planning to promote internally (although we know Holland isn't the answer).

Could be an interesting NRl Nines in 2017 for us... winger trials?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
I really want Des Hasler to put Brad Abbey into the First Grade Squad. It doesn't have to be a starting spot, it can be off the bench spot where you put him on when teams are tired and full of Fatigue. Just like when Kevin Moore used to do with Ben Barba.. Like ffs doesn't Des Hasler use his arrogant pig headed brain..

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I really want Des Hasler to put Brad Abbey into the First Grade Squad. It doesn't have to be a starting spot, it can be off the bench spot where you put him on when teams are tired and full of Fatigue. Just like when Kevin Moore used to do with Ben Barba.. Like ffs doesn't Des Hasler use his arrogant pig headed brain..
Ben Barba was a standout in every grade.

Abbey plods almost as plod as tolman

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't rate Nene. No loss.

Keen to see if Smith and Montoya can come through.

Phillips is contracted for 2017 (not that that means anything) and McInally is in his final season here. Sharks were sniffing apparently but I'd say he's gone.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I heard a strong rumour about David Mead coming to the club??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We will also need an extra back for when Brett breaks down because he can't handle the fb role.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't rate Nene. No loss.

Keen to see if Smith and Montoya can come through.

Phillips is contracted for 2017 (not that that means anything) and McInally is in his final season here. Sharks were sniffing apparently but I'd say he's gone.
Sharks want everyone. They have had so much success with their junior rep squads why are they not promoting more? Their Intrust squad is aligned with Newtown these days so perhaps they don't have the opportunities because of that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy if Smith or Abbey are used on the wing. Abbey is being paid good money. If what's reported is true we have Abbey on 300k plus L Perrett on 300k in nsw cup, what a waste.

But we'll need to fill Rona and Perretts spots plus I guarantee we'll get heaps of Sunday games in 2017 so we'll need another to cover Hoppa.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The disappointing thing with our recruitment is des targets a player (abbey, RFM, Lee) and stops at nothing until he gets them.... But he will never target someone that is actually decent (rep quality).

Yet there are rising stars out there and we never have a look at them. I was looking at parras recruitment for next year, they are still picking up quality players. And they even have that young French kid coming through who can be anything.

Titans picked up Taylor and rebuild their complete spine during the season with rep players more or less.

Fair enough with Cleary, he was following his dad. But almost everywhere you look you see 18 year olds coming through doing well, besides at the dogs. We chase players who are 23-25 and have never played NRL. Des thinks he can analyse their game and moneyball them into superstars. But instead has a team that completes at 50% because he hasn't put the money in key positions.

I have never seen our junior/reserve grade team struggle as much as it has now. We always had top players in u20 (Barba, idris, afu, kite, kasiano, klemmer, Reynolds, Harrison etc) fair enough they aren't all NRL superstars but in their age group they were some of the best running around. And we were usually a top 8 team, now with our recruitment we haven't played in the finals for a few years Atleast and haven't seen the flow on affect of successful juniors filtering through to successful first graders. Shame really because we aren't the team we used to be.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
smith looks the good and only young too
There's a couple of problems with Smith he's not signed for next year and badly broke his leg hopefully he gets resigned and has a 100% recovery

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I really think we are at our limit with the cap, yeah how the fuck could we be I know?!.....but I think Des has done here what he did to manly with back ended contracts and paying overs for average players why else would only ever sign fringe players from Qld Cup?

Each year our squad drops in quality.....shit coming in to this year we thought there was a big signing coming because we'd been stripped back, but it never came & now its getting stripped back even further to the bare bones

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

Has someone forgotten to tell Cleal and Des that we will be missing a winger next year?

1. BMoz
2. ???????
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

Unless they are planning to promote internally (although we know Holland isn't the answer).

Marcelo Montoya

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Are we really worried about a wing position here. Our halves cant kick to score tries anyway. Morris doesnt pass the ball or mbye doesnt get the ball .

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I isn't brenko lee a winger???
And holland in the centres
That's what des has in mind

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nene is a very underrated player and better than Rona. Big and has some real speed for a big man, would have been an awesome pick up.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

1. BMoz
2. ???????
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

He is good but hardly a gun recruit, we need play makers and need them urgently.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its Gotta be..

Abbey
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Lee

Right?

I would be totally shocked if Abbey isn't thrown in next yr. Why he wasn't given a shot this yr at winger is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.