we desperately need a half back for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I stopped blaming the players along time ago. Whilst the nose whistle has control and his pathetic structures are in place the players can't be blamed. Trex gets hammeredbut we play side to side . He doesn't have early ball or space. His big but he need to build his run. Lichaa i been told has been given instructions not to run and just sure up the guts and feed his forwards. Our halves sit on the edge and only get the ball going sideways with no room. Our fucken props dont make a dent in the middle. Klemmmer is the only one the goes through the line the others get hit and drop. 3 years of the same shit isn't the players its the whistler. This team embarrasses the dogs of war tradition.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is that Josh Cleeland kid? Surely he has a better kicking game than Mbye...

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't see what the point is of chasing or signing a new half when our gameplan revolves around Graham and Tolman taking hit ups and doing the ball distribution. We have Mbye on $600-700k and he doesn't touch the ball. That's the gameplan and structure as much as it is him. We may as well have a park footballer doing the same job.

One thing that does piss me off is Mbye always laughing during the post match interview when we've just been pumped

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will change something. The halfback we buy will change to another invisible man on the field. Or transform into a forward.
It won't any difference mate Marley is 100% correct you could have Thurston as your half but if Graham and Tolman are standing at first receiver and demanding the ball and that's the game plan they still don't touch it until defence is in their face...

Our players are more than capable on paper one of the best teams in the comp if not the best player for player but under this structure it literally kills of all their natural football talent. As an example think last two weeks everytime Moses got GOOD ball on the 5th he kicked in behind and got repeat sets and or a try was almost scored against Broncos he did it twice in a row got repeats and Morris scored. Against Cowboys he did it and plodman found another way to piss me off but still it was the right play.

Common sense dictates if it's working continue to do it but they didn't they went back to "the game plan" and that's the moment when I realised Hasler has structured them out of the contest and thus realised Marley is right Hasler is killing the Bulldogs. People saying the effort wasn't there are crazy unlike the week before the went hard at the Cowboys and the plodman no try was the 100% game changer and they couldn't recover because they went back to "the game plan"

Right now I watch matches hoping other players get injured because under the current structure we can't win games unless we lead and the other team capitulates under the pressure of trying to get back in front. That is the game plan force the other team into mistakes our 5th tackle option is built on it and it works against desperate teams not so much against the better teams.

We need a new coach, assistant coach and recruiter we need Peter mulholland back DESPERATELY, Michael Ennis is a must for the coaching staff will become a great coach one day and could learn from the experience loves the dogs didn't love Des. At the moment Hasler is a dictator and he needs people who will question and push change upon some of his outdated ideas. Who would I replace him with??? I have no idea maybe there isn't a better option but the staff below need to be people who will make him think and alter things he needs fresh ideas and outlooks not yes men.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would want to come and play for the Bulldogs under Des ball??
I do blame the structure and standing too flat but if anyone watched Mbye in the lower grades he always went missing...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign a half and shift Mbye to 5/8 reynolds to bench or hooker

Or more likely Des signs a fullback and we play the same style

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It won't any difference mate Marley is 100% correct you could have Thurston as your half but if Graham and Tolman are standing at first receiver and demanding the ball and that's the game plan they still don't touch it until defence is in their face...

Our players are more than capable on paper one of the best teams in the comp if not the best player for player but under this structure it literally kills of all their natural football talent. As an example think last two weeks everytime Moses got GOOD ball on the 5th he kicked in behind and got repeat sets and or a try was almost scored against Broncos he did it twice in a row got repeats and Morris scored. Against Cowboys he did it and plodman found another way to piss me off but still it was the right play.

Common sense dictates if it's working continue to do it but they didn't they went back to "the game plan" and that's the moment when I realised Hasler has structured them out of the contest and thus realised Marley is right Hasler is killing the Bulldogs. People saying the effort wasn't there are crazy unlike the week before the went hard at the Cowboys and the plodman no try was the 100% game changer and they couldn't recover because they went back to "the game plan"

Right now I watch matches hoping other players get injured because under the current structure we can't win games unless we lead and the other team capitulates under the pressure of trying to get back in front. That is the game plan force the other team into mistakes our 5th tackle option is built on it and it works against desperate teams not so much against the better teams.

We need a new coach, assistant coach and recruiter we need Peter mulholland back DESPERATELY, Michael Ennis is a must for the coaching staff will become a great coach one day and could learn from the experience loves the dogs didn't love Des. At the moment Hasler is a dictator and he needs people who will question and push change upon some of his outdated ideas. Who would I replace him with??? I have no idea maybe there isn't a better option but the staff below need to be people who will make him think and alter things he needs fresh ideas and outlooks not yes men.
Yes I am right, I have been saying so for ages lol. Des should have been looking to play to our players strengths and develops key areas in our game, instead he spewed out this 1 dimensional piece of shit.

Moses is a good runner with a strong passing game, so Des should have looked to have given him time and space with players around him and develop his decision making. Instead he shafted him on an edge to play a centre/fb hybrid role.

Another play was Lichaa. The bloke was a luke style hooker his whole career, yet Des brings him over and trys to turn him into a Ballin clone? Like wtf lol

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on look at Ennis he has been fantastic is it any surprise since his injury Cronulla have gone backwards and even Pritchard in ESL his offloads are back and he has had a great season two players considered past it...

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I agree 100%

BTW my post was sarcasm..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on look at Ennis he has been fantastic is it any surprise since his injury Cronulla have gone backwards and even Pritchard in ESL his offloads are back and he has had a great season two players considered past it...
Ohh yh i forgot Ennis, he has been a different player these past 2 seasons at the sharks.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is that Josh Cleeland kid? Surely he has a better kicking game than Mbye...
Nothing special and he's 25 and hasn't played NRL he won't fix our problems. I think he was bought as a replacement for Chisholm. In saying that we do have some potential finally coming through in Lewis and Kerr.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The style we play is extinct and in any event we don't have the players to execute our game plan in attack. Frank Pritchard was a massive loss and to a lesser extent Hokko. Frank broke the line often, offloaded and got quick play the balls away. Trent took the ball to the line and fed our edge runners and outside backs.

Over this average squad and whacko jacko coach.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing special and he's 25 and hasn't played NRL he won't fix our problems. I think he was bought as a replacement for Chisholm. In saying that we do have some potential finally coming through in Lewis and Kerr.
Wanna laugh mate his best strength is...... His running game same style of player as Josh and Moses a running 5/8

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Kerr won't be remotely ready until 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kerr won't be remotely ready until 2020
You are probably right but Cleary has shown if you're good enough you're old enough. He has certainly shown that he can handle under 20's after only a few games. Its just exciting to finally have a prospect coming through.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
You are probably right but Cleary has shown if you're good enough you're old enough. He has certainly shown that he can handle under 20's after only a few games. Its just exciting to finally have a prospect coming through.
Watch the roosters poach him

Status
Not open for further replies.