Would you swap Michael Lichaa for kurt baptiste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our attack is not the issue ,we have scored near or over 30 points in 5 games this year plus nearly 20 points in six games, we are 4th on the tryscoring list with 57 only 4 behind cowboys. We just need to tighten our defence and have a few calls go away like yesterday. Lichaa needs to be there for his defence.

If we had beaten the raiders and sharks we could have been on 20 points heading into the bye which would have put us in 3rd spot.

Lets stick with the squad we have and hopefully with bmoz back we can get better.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't watch the raiders.

Not sold on Lichaa being a long term dummy half either but time will tell.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why cant topics like this be placed in a new section called "If i was Des Hasler" ? There can also be music in the background by Blackbox. Remember their hit..FANTASY? ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah Dave Bautista is too old at 47..

Oh you are talking about Kurt?? That's a no as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lichaa was very good against the dragons...I guess it helps when the players actually push up in support up the middle so he doesn't have to run in a circle and fall over while looking for a team mate lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lichaa was very good against the dragons...I guess it helps when the players actually push up in support up the middle so he doesn't have to run in a circle and fall over while looking for a team mate lol
He has had 2 good games in a row now. Maybe Des has loosened the leash-a?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa's got the goods, I'm 100% sure of that.
We've made him look average.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who is in the number 9, Des will destroy them with his shit ass tactics.
Des doesn't like hookers attacking, look at Ennis since he has been at sharks - he is like another player.

Dez could turn Cam Smith into Isaac Degois with his bullshit.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah Dave Bautista is too old at 47..

Oh you are talking about Kurt?? That's a no as well.
Bautista was a good wrestler back in the day, took out Triple H

But Kurt Baptiste is the future. His service delivery is beautiful from dummy half, brings the forwards right over the advantage line with the defence pinned back 10 metres. Michael Liccaa holds the ball up too much so the defence rushes up on our forwards. Our forwards are usually standing there with defenders in their faces,

KURT BAPTISTE!! is the NRL best kept secret.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who is in the number 9, Des will destroy them with his shit ass tactics.
Des doesn't like hookers attacking, look at Ennis since he has been at sharks - he is like another player.

Dez could turn Cam Smith into Isaac Degois with his bullshit.
Did Des ask Licha to throw sloppy passes?

ACTBULLDOG

Waterboy
Reaction score
we all know that Michael Lichaa has very slow ball service, basically makes the 10metre ruck like a 5 metre ruck.. Makes our forwards work real hard as the defence rushes them.

But I've been watching kurt baptiste from raiders, he is like a jack the rabbit out of dummy half, really quick ball supply, watch how Canberra play when he comes on, he's like a double shot of red bull for the attack.. Canberra do nothing most of the game but baptiste comes on and it's all go..

Do we chase him, he's a tough little defender too and he's only a bench player at raiders.

Could he be a future origin player baptiste? Watch a raiders game and let me know your thoughts

Best kept secret in the NRL?
yes i am a BULLDOGS supporter in Canberra, and have noticed how quick and dangerous Baptiste is .

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Des ask Licha to throw sloppy passes?
The way des instructs us to play, which is essentially flat, most teams will rush up on us... Making crisp delivery all the more important. so lichaa's poor passing is a hindrance.

But if we played like a normal team, lichaa will shine no doubt. I like what I've been seeing... When he darts outta dummy half he knows he will get support now, which is why we've probably seen less slipping about. It's as simple as the forwards running with him.. And that's another important and more dynamic way of gaining metres. Keeps the opposition team guessing as well!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
still rate Lichaa...
if it wasnt for our shitty tactics we would look alot better... just watch how flat we stand on 99% of our plays...unbearable to watch at times...
we are not a SMART footy team...
still need a halfback who can control a side too!!

until we get that...we are no chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.