Everyone just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here and see this crap a lot do you work for fox or channel 9 that is the same rhetoric they come up with. The Raiders were bad because of how good the dogs were we started really well and were shutting down Austin and Sezer with ease. Losing Kas was huge for us and screwed the rotation add RFM coming off and with the shoulder and head knock and also Fualalo not match fit also didn't help.

That defence was amazing early on and the raiders had NO answers thus than making errors because of how much pressure the defence put on them. You just have to think that if Morris plays he contains BJ defensively and we win BJL was the difference yesterday against a depleted and tiring pack. All in all everything is on the up and up massive improvement on last time Hoppa will be back permanently in Squad moving forward, Bmoz very close to a return let's hope he is not considered for origin and the attack is starting to look very good still patchy but they looked very good with ball in hand.

Eastwood has been a master stroke on the edge defensively sensational and Remis Smith looks like a serious player which is good because when teams realise that Tyrone Phillips can't catch they will continue to target him so we needed someone else to call on. it's no coincidence that all tries conceded in that last third were on Holland and Phillips side where Jackson normally defends this team at full strength is very much a premiership contender.

I would be very concerned if I were a Broncos and Cowboys fan they played two inept teams who won't be anywhere near the 8 and were dominated. The Broncos halves continue to struggle in pressure clutch moments Brooke's outplayed both and don't forget tigers were also down on troops missing Robbie, Woodsy and teddy. Milford looked pedestrian and at times lost, hunt proved yet again he will not win you pressure games. Both teams showed that if they suffer any injuries during origin it will be season gone also origin being the toughest and most physical game you always expect between 4-8 season ending injuries so time will tell

Said it before a few times we aren't pretty we aren't perfect but against the current NRL teams and there quality and what they have to offer we will win this premiership with ease best clutch team in the NRL and at full strength the best overall balanced team for all the crying that goes on in here is so funny we are a clear 5th and 2 wins off first if we're as bad as we keep saying the rest of the teams must be shocking because those above are literally one win/loss away from us
There's a lot in what you say, yet I can't reconcile myself to believing we are as good as you outline. There is an ongoing trend in all our games, regardless of the strength of the team, that we surrender totally in the final 10 minutes before half time, and the last 20 minutes of the game. The team looks unfit for a full 80 minutes. Canberra won on enthusiasm and energy. We ran out of puff, and lost the will to win.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm thinking there are some serious issues with the team's fitness. As one of the Ch9 commentators said with abut 15 minutes to go: "Its as if the Raiders are running downhill".

They looked completely clagged out there. Is it fitness? Inefficient use of energy? Lack of ticker?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm thinking there are some serious issues with the team's fitness. As one of the Ch9 commentators said with abut 15 minutes to go: "Its as if the Raiders are running downhill".

They looked completely clagged out there. Is it fitness? Inefficient use of energy? Lack of ticker?
Shit bench rotation and fitness.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its the way Des uses the bench. He only used one before halftime.
That tackle RFM missed was due to Des leaving him on far too long in his first game starting.
I dont know how many minutes Garvey or Elliott got but it wouldnt have been more then 10.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The "fitness" comment shits me about our team - As a club we have spent so much money buying the latest and greatest training facilities but cannot put a 80 minute performance on the field.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only realised this morning when reading other thread that Tolman and Bupa played virtually the whole game.

The letting in of tries at the back of both halves needs to be dealt with. Some of these tries have been VERY soft.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here and see this crap a lot do you work for fox or channel 9 that is the same rhetoric they come up with. The Raiders were bad because of how good the dogs were we started really well and were shutting down Austin and Sezer with ease. Losing Kas was huge for us and screwed the rotation add RFM coming off and with the shoulder and head knock and also Fualalo not match fit also didn't help.

That defence was amazing early on and the raiders had NO answers thus than making errors because of how much pressure the defence put on them. You just have to think that if Morris plays he contains BJ defensively and we win BJL was the difference yesterday against a depleted and tiring pack. All in all everything is on the up and up massive improvement on last time Hoppa will be back permanently in Squad moving forward, Bmoz very close to a return let's hope he is not considered for origin and the attack is starting to look very good still patchy but they looked very good with ball in hand.

Eastwood has been a master stroke on the edge defensively sensational and Remis Smith looks like a serious player which is good because when teams realise that Tyrone Phillips can't catch they will continue to target him so we needed someone else to call on. it's no coincidence that all tries conceded in that last third were on Holland and Phillips side where Jackson normally defends this team at full strength is very much a premiership contender.

I would be very concerned if I were a Broncos and Cowboys fan they played two inept teams who won't be anywhere near the 8 and were dominated. The Broncos halves continue to struggle in pressure clutch moments Brooke's outplayed both and don't forget tigers were also down on troops missing Robbie, Woodsy and teddy. Milford looked pedestrian and at times lost, hunt proved yet again he will not win you pressure games. Both teams showed that if they suffer any injuries during origin it will be season gone also origin being the toughest and most physical game you always expect between 4-8 season ending injuries so time will tell

Said it before a few times we aren't pretty we aren't perfect but against the current NRL teams and there quality and what they have to offer we will win this premiership with ease best clutch team in the NRL and at full strength the best overall balanced team for all the crying that goes on in here is so funny we are a clear 5th and 2 wins off first if we're as bad as we keep saying the rest of the teams must be shocking because those above are literally one win/loss away from us
We are the 40 minute Bulldogs, currently we average 6 points a second half and generally always get out scored as well. We've had 12 games this year and only won the second half 4 times.

You can wear blue and white goggles but I prefer to look at the reality of our situation.

Cowboys and Broncos have nothing to worry about, they've proven how they can perform with their players back, we haven't.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was actually happy with our performance yesterday for the first time all year.

Yes we lost and we ran out of juice toward the end. But for the first time this year, the attitude seemed right there.

Our forwards dominated theirs in the first half, even Tolman was moving forward. We were making 60 metres a set.

The team just seemed to gel a lot better yesterday than they have all year. We looked deadly in their own half, always looked like a chance of scoring - even if just off a running game.

A lot of the Raiders tries were lucky as fck too. They scored 2 stupid tries off an inexperienced 19 year old winger (my dad could have stopped those 2 tries. Winger Rule 0.01: stay on your f*cking winger), plus that lucky intercept by Croker where we looked like scoring.

There were very promising signs yesterday. If all goes well through Origin, expect an improvement in the next few weeks from our boys.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was actually happy with our performance yesterday for the first time all year.

Yes we lost and we ran out of juice toward the end. But for the first time this year, the attitude seemed right there.

Our forwards dominated theirs in the first half, even Tolman was moving forward. We were making 60 metres a set.

The team just seemed to gel a lot better yesterday than they have all year. We looked deadly in their own half, always looked like a chance of scoring - even if just off a running game.

A lot of the Raiders tries were lucky as fck too. They scored 2 stupid tries off an inexperienced 19 year old winger (my dad could have stopped those 2 tries. Winger Rule 0.01: stay on your f*cking winger), plus that lucky intercept by Croker where we looked like scoring.

There were very promising signs yesterday. If all goes well through Origin, expect an improvement in the next few weeks from our boys.
My issue was that this was an important game to win with results going our way that could of had us sitting tied second and with the chance of a top4 spot earlier. We did some nice things but then again we done some really basic stupid things that need to be questioned (why couldn't our forwards tackle their fat bald centre that got them back into the game?).

The referee in the second half wasn't too kind to us and the conditions were bad but still we should have closed out that game earlier but we stuffed up chances as we usually do, it was a perfect chance to start our attack on the top4 and get some for and against.

I honestly can't rely on our team getting into the top4 on for and against as we usually have a positive 10-45 for and against max while the top teams are sitting on 110-300 by the end of the year going on trends. We tied 4th last year I believe but missed on 4th with that vital second chance and week off due to a bad for and against.

We need more points than others really and we are failing to do this...

The "fitness" comment shits me about our team - As a club we have spent so much money buying the latest and greatest training facilities but cannot put a 80 minute performance on the field.
Its starting to become a major issue as the top teams are on another level fitness which is a worry.

ehedges

Waterboy
Reaction score
We've been seeing some poor performances this season. We start so well, then it all just goes wrong. Are we losing stamina too quickly and are they not mentally prepared to fight for the win once we start losing? I'm not sure what's going on. Love the team, but improvements need to happen. Are we a team worthy of finals? Will have to see how the next few weeks go!

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Didn't help losing Kas after fuck all minutes, plus having quite an inexperienced bench. Raiders just got momentum at the right time of the game and there were a few crucial one on one misses that fucked us.

Overall, we actually performed better than I thought we would. Still sick to death of the forward dominance and our inability to play a whole fucking 80 minutes for a change but what can ya do. If we can just get the ball in the hands of our halves a bit more and have some luck with injuries towards the back end of the year I think we'll go alright.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Graham seem extremely slow and lumbering these days

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm with boxer on this.
We've played much worse than we did last night.
Last night, injuries, rep footy and......God conspired against us.
The boys tried hard, they just got tired due to having subs that can't play big minutes.
Ive no doubt, we would have won that game if we had just our 3 reps.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
No Jackson ,no klemmer, no jmoz ,no Bmoz no hopa and kas only lasted ten minutes plus we had a rookie that played yesterday.
Bad luck to the boys they were just tierd at the end.
We lost that game because we let them in the game when we where dominating, Reynolds should have been smarter towards the back end of the 1st half.
That stupid pass he through to Phillips in the 38th is Reynolds biggest problem, He has to learn to calm the play down when necessary.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No Jackson ,no klemmer, no jmoz ,no Bmoz no hopa and kas only lasted ten minutes plus we had a rookie that played yesterday.
Bad luck to the boys they were just tierd at the end.
After I hit my head 5 times to the wall, had 2 scotches, and 3 beers, I am very relax

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Mate its been that way for years now and half the reason why we didn't win either of those GFs we played in. Would seriously love to see the players have half their pay docked after a shit performance like that tbh.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are the 40 minute Bulldogs, currently we average 6 points a second half and generally always get out scored as well. We've had 12 games this year and only won the second half 4 times.

You can wear blue and white goggles but I prefer to look at the reality of our situation.

Cowboys and Broncos have nothing to worry about, they've proven how they can perform with their players back, we haven't.

SIMPLY LOL reality is this buddy
1. WE LITERALLY OWN MELBOURNE
2. Last time we played Brisbane which was in Brisbane we beat them not only did we beat them we did it down a hooker after 20 mins
3. The cowboys beat us in Townsville in the final few minutes we were without 7 regular first graders and cowboys were at full strength

reality setting in ...................

cowboys and Broncos have nothing to worry about, they've proven how they can perform with their players back....... CORRECT also proved they CANT win without them and struggle against even the worst teams

Reality coming on strong........

We sit in 5th on win behind cowboys 2 wins off first ahhhhhh Reality

When it hits you, it literally smacks you in the mouth

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a lot in what you say, yet I can't reconcile myself to believing we are as good as you outline. There is an ongoing trend in all our games, regardless of the strength of the team, that we surrender totally in the final 10 minutes before half time, and the last 20 minutes of the game. The team looks unfit for a full 80 minutes. Canberra won on enthusiasm and energy. We ran out of puff, and lost the will to win.
We ran out of puff yes but as outlined down Kas who played for 10 minutes RFM couldn't come back and Fualalo only had one stint due to fitness and concussion test if it were any other team all you would hear is 'what a brave performance' blah blah blah our boys dont even get that from the supporters maybe a bit much to expect from commentators. I knew it was a premiership year from the Trial at Belmore against melbourne that was the day i realized this is finally the year we win it all, yes it was a trial but Melbourne threw everything at us Cronk is a fantastic half one of the best and the same goes for smith at the 9 they tried every trick in the book to get through us and simply could not do it they finally baited Klemmer and thus why he got suspended but still could not put points on us the thing that majorly impressed me was they were trying to bait Reynolds and kept sending proctor and Harris straight at him he tackled and handled all of them one on one i thought wow Josh's defense has never been this good and defence is ATTITUDE. Our attack looked the same as it generally does except Lichaa was a machine he has not played like that since the Manly game and the injury may have something to do with that but its like they went through the motions and clicked when necessary and thats what the teams in this comp lack.. Gears. (Except Parra before salary cap)

There is no question luck is 50% of the equation case in point in the GF 2015 the only first grader not playing was Mcguire for the broncos outside of that both teams were at full strength and no surprise both were in the GF if we stay injury free get through the hardest of hard origin draws (absolute disgrace our draw) and come out of it still in 5th pushing 4th than the seasons ours to lose. Make no mistake Reynolds will take us there but yes we will lose some more games, look ugly, slow and with no direction or shape but guess what ,watch any NRL game watch any team on any given day and that is how they may look and that is football any team can win on any given day. Why are we superior?? we are an occasion team, clutch if you will we simply don't lose in golden point and have the footy smarts to grind teams out of the contest when it matters it doesn't always work but 60-70% of the time it does and that is crucial.

Watching Ben hunt and Milford in the last month is really starting to show how average they both are Hunt had numerous chances against the cows, tigers and penrith to win the game and simply couldn't do it he simply can not win games of footy and milford just goes missing when the pressure is on teams have realized finally Milford does not pass, he simply dummies and runs same thing almost every time kinda like Tolman always getting the ball on the 4th tackle lol. Outside of the cows who do have thurston who is very much clutch i don't fear any team on the big occasion i think we will win on a combo of two things

1 Grinding boring and at times predictable structure not straying from it and causing other teams to play badly (Which is our strength)
2 The NRL lacks genuine gamebreakers and superstars at Full Strength no team has as good a squad as we do so class and experience will prevail time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.