Attracting New players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the talk of replacing Hasler with a new coach in the media now won't be doing our recruitment much good. While there are players we all would be happy to see if another team there are a few who are not signed sealed and delivered yet in Jackson Klem and Mbye. I see Moses as our long term 5/8 just need a half. Now the media have gotten wind to this I feel it'll be hard for us to attract a halfback. Not saying a new coach wouldn't be good just the timing would hamper is getting a half if it's dragged out all year and left unknown who's coaching until off season. We need to make a massive play for Cronk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You mean bullshit rumours from some half arsed rumour monger?

Nope, won't make a bees dick of difference.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah our great recruitment will be affected

we wont be getting players like Trex and we might have to pay Mbye a million dollar/ year instead of 800k/year to make him stay.

lol

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading it the wrong way fellas. I mean will players want to come if they think the clubs unsettled, well coaching staff because the board are rock solid

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading it the wrong way fellas. I mean will players want to come if they think the clubs unsettled, well coaching staff because the board are rock solid
Most players didn't want to come regardless. T-rex is our only major signing since 2013, B.Morris came over because of his brother.

We got hoppa but we had to let him not play Sundays for his signature.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We dont need any new players and probably arent looking for any either. Problems are coaching related.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont need any new players and probably arent looking for any either. Problems are coaching related.
We still don't have a halfback. IMO, the coaching style is dictated by the lack of a genuine half

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We still don't have a halfback. IMO the coaching style is dictated by the lack of a genuine half
We have a half, and he deserves more than 9 matches to get good at the job. And its not like experienced halves are flooding the market. If the intention was to have an experienced half we would have kept hodkinson.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a half, and he deserves more than 9 matches to get good at the job. And its not like experienced halves are flooding the market. If the intention was to have an experienced half we would have kept hodkinson.
Truth is, we should have kept hodko and let Reynolds go,

A hodko and Mbye halves combo would have been a better option,

And I'm starting to agree with @indiandog in regards to Ennis,
When we let him go, he had another 3 good seasons left in him,
I'm not so sure Lichaa is going to pan out as expected,

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Truth is, we shoUld have kept hodko and let Reynolds go,

A hodko and Mbye halves combo would have been a better option,

And I'm starting to agree with @indiandog in regards to Ennis,
When we let him go, he had another 3 good seasons left in him,
I'm not so sure Lichaa is going to pan out as expected,
If we kept hod and had mbye at 5/8 it would have been worse. Reynolds is much better in attack than hod and we would have and inexperienced 5/8 instead. I agree i would have liked ennis for longer though.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All the talk of replacing Hasler with a new coach in the media now won't be doing our recruitment much good. While there are players we all would be happy to see if another team there are a few who are not signed sealed and delivered yet in Jackson Klem and Mbye. I see Moses as our long term 5/8 just need a half. Now the media have gotten wind to this I feel it'll be hard for us to attract a halfback. Not saying a new coach wouldn't be good just the timing would hamper is getting a half if it's dragged out all year and left unknown who's coaching until off season. We need to make a massive play for Cronk.
you always learning something new here at Kennel, I never new we have a recruitment team

JBdog

New Pup
Reaction score
I'd love to see us go for Luke Brooks to play halfback and shift Mbye to 6. Reynolds can come off the interchange bench. Can be achieved if we get rid of dead wood starting with T Rex.

Reactions: TGN

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We still don't have a halfback. IMO, the coaching style is dictated by the lack of a genuine half
I don't buy that rubbish anymore. If Des wanted a halfback he would of bought one, he has been here long enough. We are playing how Des wants us to play, this is the team HE built. No one else.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why is it that whenever our team loses ONE GAME, all the talk of inner-turmoil, failure to attract players, and coaches neck on the line all start to emerge? IT'S ONLY ROUND FUCKING 9 AND WE'RE COMING 5TH FFS!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In Des' tenure who has he recruited ??
T-money bags Rex
Will no sunday hopoate

Curtis Rona is the only decent recruitment decision he has made

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should gave kept hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.