Anyone seen batman v superman yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such a big disappointment. The movie is so poorly written it's not even funny.

Action was good and you can see the potential is there, but the poor script and editing never bought me into the world they tried to create. Really sad too because I was actually a big fan of Man of Steel when that came out.

On a positive note I thought Affleck's portrayal of Bruce Wayne and Batman was brilliant. I can't wait to see where he takes things as Batman in the standalone films - especially if he's also directing the films too.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So I just saw it. And ummm as much as I wanted to love it it I couldn't I can't becauseeeeeee it hd so much potential, the graphics were awesome music was fkn epic batman was a fkn beast superman was superman. But the story was just nowhere to be followed.
They needed way more batman sequences taking out bad guys, less to no lex Luther and no Wonder Woman.
If this stuck to the comic book it based most of its elements off which is the dark knight returns, and not drift in and out of a story, the movie would have been epic. Like there was no need for an hour of just talking that pissed me off, like its batman v friken superman it's meant to be action packed.
I did like the tone I don't care for cheesy avengers styles.
Oh the biggest issue for me was the actual fight was so underwhelming like soooooo underwhelming.
Hopefully the directors cut will add some more action sequences and lengthen the fight.
Watched it again for a second time last night and it was much more enjoyable the second time. Reason they had all the stuff with lex and Wonder Woman is cause they were setting the scene for the justice league and suicide squad (which there was a preview for and I am so excited to see... Margot Robbie hell yes!!!!)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched it again for a second time last night and it was much more enjoyable the second time. Reason they had all the stuff with lex and Wonder Woman is cause they were setting the scene for the justice league and suicide squad (which there was a preview for and I am so excited to see... Margot Robbie hell yes!!!!)
I heard second time is more enjoyable. I think it's Coz there is so much it's hard to keep up with everything the first time. I know it's all set up for justice league but I think it was very rushed the way the tried to set up everything like it was all too convenient I mean an email showing 4 superheroes lol.
And the fight between batman and superman wasn't even really a fight they needed to add a lot more action in that scene.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a structural or cinematic masterpiece, but is thoroughly enjoyable regardless. The movie will most certainly not be winning Academy Awards, but as a spectacle is fully deserving of its current box office standing, which is enormous!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a structural or cinematic masterpiece, but is thoroughly enjoyable regardless. The movie will most certainly not be winning Academy Awards, but as a spectacle is fully deserving of its current box office standing, which is enormous!
The only issue I had was that there wasn't enough action and the reasons and way the fight between superman and batman was stupid. And it wasn't even really a fight it was like a shove, side kick, throw, punches, metal foot to neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.