Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry it had to end this way.
Thanks for the memories hodko.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Well Des no longer has a halves selection headache. Mbye, Reynolds and Cook can get the job done

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After all is said and done I guess at least we have a replacement for Hodkinson that has experience and plenty of ticker. Most clubs don't have a replacement of that quality. Yeah he isn't great when he plays without structure but if he can just relax and kick the ball into touch he will be great for us.
We don't need anything fancy just need to give the players plenty of breathing space. They were so tired against The Knights.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You don't see my point. Im not saying he has been bad, he has been great and has made me look very stupid lately. But my point still stands about him not working hard enough and making the tough runs. He relies on the other forwards to make the tough yards so he can run wide at smaller blokes and throw some balls around. He rarely ever cracks the 100m mark and last night he only made 17m in the first half.
What a load of crap. He runs at the big men as much as anyone. He doesn't take 1 out hit ups as he has ball playing ability in him unlike Tolman hence the constant 100+ games from Tolman. He also draws in attention allowing other players room and holes in the defensive line. He puts them in two minds, if Tolman is lurking they know not a lot of an attacking threat is there. If Kas is lurking they know he can run which will require multiple defenders and still get an offload away or even ball play and create more problems. You need both in your team.

Kasiano was always a player we are lucky to have. You just death ride certain players. At least you know he's made you look very stupid.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are cursed.
Ennis -grand final
Lichaa
Reynolds
Hodko

Have all been injured/ suspwnded or both through vraious times all this year.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
finally starts playing well and this happens. frustrating for him and everyone else

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Lichaa and Hodko gone we need tolman back even more so now to tighten up our defence.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that halfback Trent Hodkinson will miss the remainder of the season due to a wrist injury suffered in the 20-18 victory over the Newcastle Knights yesterday.

Hodkinson suffered the injury in the first half of the match and scans this morning revealed a dislocation of a bone in his wrist, with minor surgery required.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am really sad to see his career end like that with us.

He is a great bloke off the field and appears to be a finding some form finally. Although I don't think it's a big blow to us. While he sure offers certain qualities (e.g good defense and a solid long kicking game) though his short kicking game, running game and all bar 3-4 games this year overall play has been horrible. Reynolds has far better attacking ability with far worse defensive qualities. Mbye & Reynolds were always the partnership for 2016 and most of us wanted to see it tried this year more. Now is the time for them two to step up, show they can make it work and control the game for us. Mbye now has the chance to write his own cheque. If he delivers he may well get some big money, if he flops we know he's not worth that crazy coin some despo club may throw. Reynolds has the chance now to show he can keep his head and work with Mbye for our future.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's look at it in reality. Hodko has played solid last few games prior to that was utter trash. He has not killed it, nor even played a high quality game, just SOLID which is what we wanted all year (with majority of it trash, utter trash).

Reynolds and Mbye destroyed the Raiders. They WILL be our 2016 6,7 bar injury. Which 90% of fans wanted.

Lastly for the deathriders like Marley and the doubters of Mbye, or even a heartbroken child like Billris. It is a chance for Mbye & Reynolds to show us something. If they flop badly next week and in the finals then it will show the club not only does Mbye's price sound insane it will allow us time to recruit SOMETHING in the off season to help. Granted no superstar is off contract though they can PLAN or at least make some enquiries into a quality half hopefully unhappy somewhere or wanting more money like Brisbane did with Barba etc and we all know contracts mean faaark all.
Dane Chisholm will be playing in the halves some time next year heard it here first

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm worried about mbye having to kick goals now. Goal kicking will be a huge factor come finals time. Mbye has potential but obviously needs more practice. Maybe him and lafai will alternate

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm worried about mbye having to kick goals now. Goal kicking will be a huge factor come finals time. Mbye has potential but obviously needs more practice. Maybe him and lafai will alternate
Lafai will be goalkicking

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has been great and has made me look very stupid.
You should have stopped talking after you said he made you look stupid here I fixed it for you

Kasiano has been great and is actually running wide of the ruck and been very creative
I love how you wait for a player you hate to **** up and then bang on about it for days on end
But when your love child in mbye or Lloyd Perett play shit you don't mention it

I've met cyclops who were less one eyed than you, muppet

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by some miracle we win the comp this year we'd have to be one of the first to do it with both our first choice hooker and halfback out injured.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Amazing.

Absolutely wonderful.

Again i can't believe i'm saying this but we are going to miss Hodkinson terribly. We don't get a fair share of the penalties WITHOUT Reynolds there, we're likely going to be penalised out of every game now with him back.

Cobra

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ever stop to think that the blokes doing the role that his been given? And its working... 3 mom in a row and your still talking shit, lol at perret being raw he will never be anywhere near as valuable as kas is to a side.
Marley's posts are a much like the stats he keeps quoting. He has big numbers but they are are full of dribble.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One positive is that he did it in the second last game and not the last, we'll get to see how reynolds performs and at least he gets a run to get the rust out before the finals in which could be sudden death depending on results.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we've only gone up 50 cents to win the title since the news broke, looks like they dont think hodko is that big of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.