My view on tigers game (don't read if you are watching it delayed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok first of all I never make threads after any game what so ever but before people start going crazy read what I thought and please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Mitch brow did stuff up yes I agree but c'mon guys no excuse for piss poor defence in the first 10 min of the game. They are fresh and should be ready for anything thrown at them.

2. It was all over at half time. We have been defending majority of the game and our boys where just out played. We didn't expect tigers to play the way they did since we only have played them in May last year.

3. Tigers played there best game of the year by far. Everything they did went there way. People can blame the ref etc... But dangerous tackles and stupid penalties are not the refs fault.

4. No need to panic I think this was needed to shoot a rocket up our players asses and make them realise that finals is around the corner and we can't take any team for granted.

Please tell me what else I missed.

Oh by the way yes players did play very bad but what else can we do. We have injuries and suspensions no need to point the finger at any individual. The whole team defended all afternoon and just got ran down by my more enthusiastic team who wanted it more.

mhaltz

Waterboy
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you. Also yes Mitch Brown did make some mistakes but he was one of the most dangerous players wearing the dogs jersey.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think this was a flogging we needed at all. Letting in 9 tries against a team outside of the top 8 when you are equal first is not something a team needs.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billy bob it happens to all good sides. I'm pretty sure every team who has won the comp in there year has been out played during the year sometime. I agree it hurts to see such a big score line against us since wer are supposed to be one of the best defence team in the comp. But with so much possession and tackles and last weeks game it was never gona happen

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I don't think this was a flogging we needed at all. Letting in 9 tries against a team outside of the top 8 when you are equal first is not something a team needs.
Definitely didn't need it... However now the boys would know, if you don't turn up, you can potentially be blown of the park by any team.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely didn't need it. I'm getting calls from St George, Parra & Tiger supporters.

The only good thing is that the Manly supporters haven't called.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Definitely didn't need it. I'm getting calls from St George, Parra & Tiger supporters.

Tell the ones calling to just look at the ladder.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i have always said it would be impossible to string 3 straight games with top defensive efforts. We are worn out from the defensive load we put ourselves under due to our lack of attack.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Tigers, Dragons and Parra fans can mock all they want.

They will need another team to follow come September when only the top 8 teams play.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could see that their minds were not in the game right from the start. With the focus on the previous big matches, the Dogs thought this would be a walk in the park. The Tigers were always going to test our big players out wide, where fast men can leave them standing. Inu has the tendency to come infield - he gave away tries like that last year, so he was an easy mark for draw and pass, leaving the winger to defend two on one.

Gifting possession through stupid penalties and mistakes was a disaster in the making. We deserved the thrashing. We are not top four material; and will have to work hard to get the mindset that every game is there to be won.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Inu is a defensive liability at centre with his rushing up, but is far better in defense on the wing. The amount of times he left his outside man marking two players in that game alone was shocking.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch brown was dreadful. The first 3? I think trys were caused after he dropped it and they got the set on our line. Yes, he made a few breaks but they were more fortune than him on some kind of rampage. I think he needs to go back to the wing personally, i was never convinced with him at the back - hes an average first grader at best, we need someone more dynamic and controlled in such an important position.

Also, IMO, It was not over at half time, but it would have required a miracle. But the tigers attitude was good today, they were all over us and played well. We didnt do badly, but our team isnt some dynasty winning side yet. We will lose games from time to time due to poor play. I think people have things way out of perspective since we beat manly and storm. Neither of those sides were at their best and they, like every other win this year for us has been a 50/50 game. It was disappointing to see us offer nothing in defense, but I reckon that had more to do with us being absolute penalty machines as well as making stupid errors all game. Just one of those days, these things will happen. Not to mention the Tigers are the type of side who can capitalise very well on the stupid shit we offered up today.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather lose like we did today, than lose the way the roosters lost to the sharks

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure every team is really upping their intensity when they play us. So pretty much every team is going to have their best game against us now.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What could they possibly have to say? Tigers got a win, yeah, but all these teams will consider making top 8 and being eliminated in week 1 a successful season.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all comments but I still think we can take this out. With our roster coming back to full strength in the next couple of weeks I think we will be hard to beat. We always show up on big games and when semis start and our attitude is back to 100% we will be hard to beat. Yes we got thrashed but I still have hope we can go all the way this year. A lot more confident then I was in 2012

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it hurts losing like that, especially after the Herculean performances of the last two weeks. I don't buy for a minute that the Storm or Manly were under strength. We were/are more vastly undermanned than they. And both played bloody well - but we had their measure. Today, we turned up with attitude- the WRONG one, and paid the price. And the penalties?!?! I wish Kaz wasn't so blatant when he milks or tries to pinch the ball. He's forever getting pinged. We're top 4 grade, no doubt about that. And as someone said earlier, every side has days like this but it doesn't lessen the pain!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Quote from hasler today "We should've beaten the West Tigers today. We didn't think they played that particularly well. They took their chances," he said." ... Goes on to bag the refs etc blah blah... I honestly wouldn't swap des for any other coach but seriously, he is delusional if he actually believes any of that rubbish he dished up there.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How you're going Stoofy?:grinning:

If it makes you feel any better, Tigers did the same to Manly... But I don't care to remember the score!
Not a bad couple of scalps for the Tigers considering they won't make the 8.
Hope I haven't jinxed myself there.

Status
Not open for further replies.