Political Correctness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm just noticing it more or if it has actually become worse but, to me, the world is going crazy.

I was reading the news and came across this article (http://www.essentialkids.com.au/old...cdonalds-sexism--and-wins-20140423-373es.html). To summarise, it's an article where McDonald's couldn't ask "do you want a boy's or girl's toy" when ordering a happy meal. They had to ask "do you want X toy or Y toy?" as asking if you want a boy/girl toy is classified as discrimination...

I've heard that childcare centres aren't allowed to sing "bah, bah black sheep" anymore and are to sing "bah, bah rainbow sheep"...... Because, apparently, 2-6 year olds will storm out of the centre and start lynching black people.

And just the whole gay/lesbian/transsexual/transgender/transwhoeveriveleftout issue is annoying as if you're not 100% on board or agree with gay/lesbian/transsexual/transgender/transwhoeveriveleftout people, then you're small minded/bigot/closed minded/insert left wing buzz word here... Apparently gay people live in caves and are hunted down if/when they leave and need to be congratulated and cheered on and are heroes and brave and have guts etc because they kiss the same sex instead of the opposite sex. Recent issues are Grayson Goodwin coping a 26 week suspension because he or his mate said gay refs are sht on twitter and Michael Sam is the greatest hero on Earth and was congratulated by Obama because he is the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team... This may be going slightly off topic or a separate issue to what I was initially ranting about but who gives a flying fck what someone is? Isn't the whole issue just accepting people for who they are and not putting labels on any/everything? Why is something the "first black" or "first gay" or "first transsexual" an issue in 2014?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i agree with the happy meal thing, when i was a kid they had a x men and cindarella toy thing going on, but i wanted the cindarella toy and everyone laughed at me which scarred me psychologically

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
i agree with the happy meal thing, when i was a kid they had a x men and cindarella toy thing going on, but i wanted the cindarella toy and everyone laughed at me which scarred me psychologically
Rod you kill me LOL

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all went down hill when golliwog biscuits turned into scalliwags. Luckily I can still import my frijelo negro beans

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a dark complexion and enjoy coon cheese?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The man was a god.
I still watch his stand up from time to time.

And you are right, he was a teacher,and a visionary

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember hanging out with the Dudley boys when they toured out here, 5am at a 7/11 Devon found coon cheese and couldn't stop laughing over it (he was not offended)

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It all went down hill when golliwog biscuits turned into scalliwags. Luckily I can still import my frijelo negro beans
Don't forget *** lollies that were like pretend ciggies. They re-named them Fads. My mate from school loved them, but now he prefers to smoke blue veined cigars. Maybe the name meant something to him all those years ago.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
**** me what is wrong with people these days, this is what happens when you allow gay, soft, weak, anti-bullying ****wits have a voice or an opinion.

The world is going soft because of these people and it is going against what nature intended, the strong to be on top. Bullying to me is natures intended way of sorting out the weak from the strong for good reason but nope you can't even let nature do its thing anymore because people will get sad nawww...

I might sound ignorant and non caring but seriously this isn't disney land its real life...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a mate named sooty He Is Black. he's been known that since a kid. We used to set up relief teaches at school. I'd pretend to be south African and be out raged that a "kaffa " could even be in the same room as a white man.then we would throw chairs at each other across the room.teachers didn't know what to do .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got a mate named sooty He Is Black. he's been known that since a kid. We used to set up relief teaches at school. I'd pretend to be south African and be out raged that a "kaffa " could even be in the same room as a white man.then we would throw chairs at each other across the room.teachers didn't know what to do .
We had an African mate in high school who was really dark and we use to call him darkness as a nickname and he was very cool with it (he actually liked it since it was his bball name hehe) once teachers heard us calling him it they had a school meeting about not calling him it and it was racist to him. He never thought of it like that but more so a nickname like we did...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got mates from all different races we are constantly taking the piss out of each other and ourselves with your general stereotypes. I'm not going up to some one I don't know in the street and call them a filthy dirty wog. But with my circle of friends we know our limits an can be as crass as we like.on more than 1 occasion we have been out .and will get some pc do gooder that will try to lecture us on why we should not speak that way.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like talking about this subject because it makes me angry.

I don't like being angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got mates from all different races we are constantly taking the piss out of each other and ourselves with your general stereotypes. I'm not going up to some one I don't know in the street and call them a filthy dirty wog. But with my circle of friends we know our limits an can be as crass as we like.on more than 1 occasion we have been out .and will get some pc do gooder that will try to lecture us on why we should not speak that way.
Haha yeah bro, when you become regular mates or good mates with people you get past the whole race thing and use it to joke to take the piss out of each other because its good fun. My mates and I engage in doing it and heck we make fun about our own races/backgrounds aswell

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I remember hanging out with the Dudley boys when they toured out here, 5am at a 7/11 Devon found coon cheese and couldn't stop laughing over it (he was not offended)
You hung out with the Dudley boys? Wassupppp? That's cool!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm just noticing it more or if it has actually become worse but, to me, the world is going crazy.

I was reading the news and came across this article (http://www.essentialkids.com.au/old...cdonalds-sexism--and-wins-20140423-373es.html). To summarise, it's an article where McDonald's couldn't ask "do you want a boy's or girl's toy" when ordering a happy meal. They had to ask "do you want X toy or Y toy?" as asking if you want a boy/girl toy is classified as discrimination...

I've heard that childcare centres aren't allowed to sing "bah, bah black sheep" anymore and are to sing "bah, bah rainbow sheep"...... Because, apparently, 2-6 year olds will storm out of the centre and start lynching black people.

And just the whole gay/lesbian/transsexual/transgender/transwhoeveriveleftout issue is annoying as if you're not 100% on board or agree with gay/lesbian/transsexual/transgender/transwhoeveriveleftout people, then you're small minded/bigot/closed minded/insert left wing buzz word here... Apparently gay people live in caves and are hunted down if/when they leave and need to be congratulated and cheered on and are heroes and brave and have guts etc because they kiss the same sex instead of the opposite sex. Recent issues are Grayson Goodwin coping a 26 week suspension because he or his mate said gay refs are sht on twitter and Michael Sam is the greatest hero on Earth and was congratulated by Obama because he is the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team... This may be going slightly off topic or a separate issue to what I was initially ranting about but who gives a flying fck what someone is? Isn't the whole issue just accepting people for who they are and not putting labels on any/everything? Why is something the "first black" or "first gay" or "first transsexual" an issue in 2014?
The whole "first" thing is a way for them to say "you oppressed me but look at me know, I'm accepted". But I think Morgan Freeman said it best. When asked how he felt about black week in America he said "I hate it. If you don't have a white week then why have a black week?". When asked "When will the racism stop" he said "When we stop talking about it"

Status
Not open for further replies.