2014 Auckland 9's Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'd give chance to a team just behind to snatch victory in closing moments with potentially 8 points.

So a 6 point lead woukdnt have you safe.
They have an entire game to win it, if they can't do it then they don't deserve it because of some bonus points system

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree it would be hard to actually try and score because you only have to defend a certain area more cautiously.

But I think the current points system in the NRL is good and people are use to it too much for a big change.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone said on here that with Low out injured Templeman and J.Graham were in. Are they playing? I didn't notice either in the first game but I don't think everyone got a run.

You need one thing in this sort of footy... Elusiveness, and to a lesser extent you need it in the 24 rounds of NRL. This is my concern with our squad. We just don't have the electric, elusive runners. Templeman is as close as we get, hence why he needs to get some decent game time to see if he can handle the other aspects of the game. Mbye and Reynolds are fairly good too.

Our back five really concern me. Perrett and Brown are reliable with average pace. J Moz has loads of pace but not quick on his feet. Lafai and Inu are pretty quick on their feet but not lightning fast.

We have one of the best packs in the comp (especially if trex fires) so hopefully the backs are good enough to finish off their work. Despite what most think our forwards (mainly Kas & Bupa) were the secret to our 2012 success. Barba (who most claim was the catalyst) and Reynolds just finished off their good work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How bad are storm?? Ahaha

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why arent they showing the conversion attempts? amateur hour tbh

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey thompson was poor too imo. Definitely not the answer at fb.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone said on here that with Low out injured Templeman and J.Graham were in. Are they playing? I didn't notice either in the first game but I don't think everyone got a run.

You need one thing in this sort of footy... Elusiveness, and to a lesser extent you need it in the 24 rounds of NRL. This is my concern with our squad. We just don't have the electric, elusive runners. Templeman is as close as we get, hence why he needs to get some decent game time to see if he can handle the other aspects of the game. Mbye and Reynolds are fairly good too.

Our back five really concern me. Perrett and Brown are reliable with average pace. J Moz has loads of pace but not quick on his feet. Lafai and Inu are pretty quick on their feet but not lightning fast.

We have one of the best packs in the comp (especially if trex fires) so hopefully the backs are good enough to finish off their work. Despite what most think our forwards (mainly Kas & Bupa) were the secret to our 2012 success. Barba (who most claim was the catalyst) and Reynolds just finished off their good work.
If Des picks the best backline we can get in combination with our forwards we should have enough attack everywhere to be a threat, some of our backs do have that "x-factor" as do our forwards who can ball play.

I think our team will be well rounded and balanced this year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be embarrassing if parra towel us up

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We played about where i expected with the squad that was picked. Mitch Brown and Ed Murphy look like they came from the same shitty mould. Mbye looked good again but we will probably get pumped in all three games. Old mate from Parra (Randrandra whatever??)is going to have a field day against our slugs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne got no idea lol
bellamy same mentality as dessie towards the 9s

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne v Penrith = yawnfest. And I thought our game was crap hahaha. I was hoping Storm didn't score so we could at least say we weren't as bad ;)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Every single other team looks lively in this except Dogs who looked lethargic.

Up to Souths or St Merge to hold one or other to nil.

Tigers at least got a 7 pointer. We have lowest score so far.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des picks the best backline we can get in combination with our forwards we should have enough attack everywhere to be a threat, some of our backs do have that "x-factor" as do our forwards who can ball play.

I think our team will be well rounded and balanced this year.
yeah you're right. It's about having a champion team, not a team of champions.

I agree we have enough quality across the park. It's just about all the ingredients coming together and having some luck with injury etc.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dugan should be made for this format

edit: except him taking kick offs

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah you're right. It's about having a champion team, not a team of champions.

I agree we have enough quality across the park. It's just about all the ingredients coming together and having some luck with injury etc.
Pretty much, the Storm won it against us in 2012 with only 3 super stars but had solid players across the field who knew their roles.

dugan should be made for this format

edit: except him taking kick offs
The Dragons have a few players who should smash this.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A commentator made a good point (can't remember which one) that the big, mobile guys aren't as valuable as expected. It's the smart, skilful players doing the damage. Bring on tempo if he's available!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dugan is a superstar
99% of the time beats 1st defender with ease
wouldve loved for us to of sacked barba 1st thing last year and made a massive or should i say earlier play at dugan.

Status
Not open for further replies.