James Graham for captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think he should be made captain and signed for 10 years, he's not the type of bloke who would care whether or not he pisses his own players off out there on the field if he's trying to gee them up and get them going, he's straight forward and tells it like it is so I think he'd go alright with refs, he always stands up and puts in no matter how big or small the game is to us and he would never pull those little bullshit ploys that Ennis did today. He has leader written all over him and at the very least I think he should be co-captain

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bloke captain's his country and they don't want him to captain a club side. So stupid. He's a born leader.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham will always put in 100% and is usually one of the best in each game, we want a captain leading from the front playing consistent quality football and graham is that type of guy, I love he bloke and the players do as well and you can see it from the celebrations when he scores a try, he has the fire that will inspire the blokes around him and the aggression that's contagious. You get him in a huddle giving a speech and he'll tell the blokes that need to to pull their head out and stop doing stupid shit, I don't think Ennis is the guy to do that

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis puts in his 100% every game, He has been one of our best all year.

It happened to be tonight when he wasnt upto the task.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree

Ennis is a pot plant, he is no leader. Graham can inspire a team

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Graham could do well as captain. He may not want to play for us, though.

Sorry, but Ennis was rubbish today. I don't like to point the finger at players, but I think he is one season past his best.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our captain is the last of our problems. Actually I worded that wrong. We've got some problems but our captain is not one of those problems.

JPC_DOGS

wineboy
Reaction score
Anyone but Ennis. Can't wait for Ennis to leave / retire. He is a disgrace.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our captain is the last of our problems. Actually I worded that wrong. We've got some problems but our captain is not one of those problems.
Direction, speed, shape and most things in attack start at the hooker, Ennis is past it and was shown up by butter balls buderus in what should have been his last game, Ennis played a handful of decent games this year some others were solid and the rest he wasn't up to scratch I don't know if its because he's past it or because he can't play his best while he's worrying about everything else as well but in my opinion 2009 was Ennis' last good year, we have Romelo who is electrifying from dummy half and is very old in defense and we could lose him by hanging on to Ennis too long, even halatau would make a great hooker and now he's gone

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham is obviously captain material but Ennis was captain before he came along and has done nothing to deserve having it taken from him. TBH I think graham would be embarrassed and refuse, if it were offered to him.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I honestly think he should be made captain and signed for 10 years, he's not the type of bloke who would care whether or not he pisses his own players off out there on the field if he's trying to gee them up and get them going, he's straight forward and tells it like it is so I think he'd go alright with refs, he always stands up and puts in no matter how big or small the game is to us and he would never pull those little bullshit ploys that Ennis did today. He has leader written all over him and at the very least I think he should be co-captain
sign him for 10 years? you are the king of ****wits

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This!!!! This is the most intelegint thing anyone has come up with, Ennis today showed that he is a complete dickhead at the worst times!! Graham must be resigned and made Captain in 2014!!!

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Graham should stand up to dik head Mason. I think Graham is a bit intimidated!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All you Ennis haters I can't agree..I guess you are all trying to look for a reason the doggies had a woeful year..and you are all passionate fans,and disappointed ones.. But Ennis isn't the reason, not by a long shot.
Their style of play was so predictable and for the life of me I don't know why they didn't focus on dominating the middle of the ruck with their massive players making quick play the balls. It seemed pretty obvious to most of us this was the way to go.. Geeze they have to build the platform before going wide. Why they didn't do this I have no idea, it was pretty obvious!
Don't forget they had plenty of injuries to key players at key times..The big Kiwi 3 connection, Tank, Kasiano, and Eastwood..need time on the field game after game to get that timing and fitness.
Add this to the Barba sideshow..any other club would not have made the eight..Raiders anyone?
So yeah it wasn't the most successful year but with all this crap going on they still made the finals..and Ennis,who played no were near as well today as he has this year (I admit it), was the guy, the captain, who keep Canterbury from completely imploding. That's a pretty impressive captain to me.

Ps these aren't excuses these plain facts..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 2014 will be Ennis's last year in NRL and I am happy to see him play as captain until then. If there is any upside about today it was the U20's. Templeman is going to be a special player. He has great vision and steered the side around from fullback brilliantly.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Itd be alright but I hear no one can understand him when he speaks

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ennis has done nothing wrong as captain... get off his back

Status
Not open for further replies.