Did we deliberately lose last night's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Seriously, we had like 3 interchanges left at the end and about a third of the team didn't even look like they were trying to win.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching the press conference we surely didn't lose on purpose. Des would have shot someone if he was handed a gun last night. Don't blame him hope he pushes a rocket up the players asses and get them ready for frost week of semis or we will be having a early mad Monday

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say we deliberately lost. I would however say we deliberately didn't play our best.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Teams don't deliberately lose.

You can think we did if you want to give yourself some extra sense of hope but in the end it isn't true.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did like no moves on their line it was as if we were trying not to give anything away for the finals

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You could tell the players had an eye on next week. I'm certain the main thing on the players' mind last night was that they don't get injured and there next week.

Just take a look at our set plays last night. It was a training session out there.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Tolman and Kas didnt play big minutes, Morris rested. Des definitely didn't take this game as a win at all costs type of game but I think he still expected the team to get the job done and would be angry at the handling errors.
A rocket up their as$ is not a bad thing.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think we did, but I think the Sharks will be...they are resting a few players this week. Seems like they are leaving Newcastle for themselves...and are handing us the Warriors or Cowboys.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Maybe Des was trying to increase match fitness for some players in preparation for the finals.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think last night was a test to help decide the selection for the finals.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I don't think we did, but I think the Sharks will be...they are resting a few players this week. Seems like they are leaving Newcastle for themselves...and are handing us the Warriors or Cowboys.
Yep agree 100% The Sharks are definitely tanking their game this weekend. They are resting 6 players apparently plus Gallen is suspended

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Raysie put it better than I did. Not deliberately win is a better term than deliberately lose.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The amount of stupid penalties we gave away on our line was perhaps a ploy for some good goal line defense practice

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yes we deliberately lost the last game before the finals so we could build momentum.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If des really wanted to win he should of put his best players on the field and he had plenty of interchanges to do that

The press conference was just a show

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The interchanges and resting of players suggest Des was indifferent whether we won or lost. He was obviously trying to protect players from injury. Thats not say he didnt want us to win

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think its not impossible Des went into the Broncos match with no game plan, just run them around, with no real need to risk injuries. Attack suffers when they want to avoid injury, coz thats when you get injured.

Doing this Des doesnt give opposition coaches in the finals anything to read for their game plans against us. He may have figured last year we lost the GF because Storm figured us out. This year NOBODY will have figured us out, even the fans cant lol.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its not impossible Des went into the Broncos match with no game plan, just run them around, with no real need to risk injuries. Attack suffers when they want to avoid injury, coz thats when you get injured.

Doing this Des doesnt give opposition coaches in the finals anything to read for their game plans against us. He may have figured last year we lost the GF because Storm figured us out. This year NOBODY will have figured us out, even the fans cant lol.
I wouldn't rule it out. If we hold onto the ball we are unstoppable. Our defence has tightened up. Flukey kicks won't work in semis. Put it this way, if we make it to week 2 I wouldn't want to be playing us.

Still not sure where Berber fits in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.