NSW Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So when do we get to the point where Gidley has to start earning his spot rather than walking into it?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The lack of Canterbury in this team is pretty disappointing, last year a few our players should of made their debuts but they didn't.

I think once the Dogs hit form come game 2 and game 3 we will see more of our players there because this lineup just doesn't cut it to take on what QLD can field.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
The current NSW selectors are potentially culpable for another SOS series loss. Gidley's and Farah's selection is nonsensical.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current NSW selectors are potentially culpable for another SOS series loss. Gidley's and Farah's selection is nonsensical.
Daley was previously a selector and now he's coach. Daley was a champion player. But he has no idea about team selection or coach. This year is the first in many where NSW has the talent pool to end QLD's dominance. But sadly the wrong team was picked.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I don't get is...

How was Pearce an automatic selection, but not Carney?

Don't get me wrong, I think Maloney is great and in my opinion is the better 5/8. But many also believe the same for Adam Reynolds as well at Halfback over Pearce, and he's not playing is he?

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't get is...

Don't get me wrong, I think Maloney is great and in my opinion is the better 5/8. But many also believe the same for Adam Reynolds as well at Halfback over Pearce, and he's not playing is he?
Doesn't really matter who we pick at 5/8 and half we need to win the forward battle it's the only way nsw can win

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't get is...

Daley said he picked Maloney because he improves Pearce's game. In other words, lets ignore how shit Pearce is. His spot is guaranteed. Lets find a player that doesn't expose how shit he really is.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we have got to live with what we have, its time to get behind the Blues and wish them the best for the battle that our State faces now.

GO THE MIGHTY NSW BLUES!

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made a good point on fox sports news. They said that there's no point in having Gidley when Lewis can cover the back line if required. I totally agree.

My concern is not enough bulldozers. Gallen is better at lock and we only have Tamou, Merrin and Fifita for real props. Mannah should have been no.14, not Gids.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will there be a series where everyone agrees with the selections? One thing I hate, aside from talking about Origin selections from round 1 is every armchair punter out there want's to put their 2 cents in for the origin team.

Daley will live and die by his decisions as a coach so let's see how his team goes. The only ask I have would be to keep the same team for the duration of the series. I also hate chopping and changing players not just between years, but between games within a series. Pick a team that has the skills not just the form. Form is temporary, class is permanent...QLD have class.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be a fan of having Maloney at 7 and carney at 6, Pearce has had his chances and doesn't seem tough enough for origin and Maloney seems to take more control for the roosters while Pearce steps back. As for A.Reynolds his time will come but doesn't seem that complete origin player yet. Don't agree with gidley being there yes he can fill a few positions but does so very incompetently and turns out to be a waste of interchange, many of a players such as lewis, gallen and hayne can be used right across the park and play well in those positions. So therefore we should go for a player who can bring lots of energy out of dummy half eg j.Reynolds. Yes you can say gidley has been playing there for the knights much of late but every single f$&ken time he plays origin and comes off the bench he plays dummy half and does nothing and we he started playing origin is when our loosing streak started worse captain and first captain to be benched, just get rid of the pee hart.
Thumbs up. I agree with all that except I favour A.Reynolds over Carney but wouldn't want two debutants in the halves so would probably have to go with Carney. In saying that, Maloney seems like it won't phase him so he might play like an experienced SOO player.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't believe they keep picking a dud that has been owner at origin level. The frustrating thing is that we have a much better option in A. Reynolds. I gave up on NSW the day Stuart was appointed coach. Daley should never have been selected coach.

My NSW team would be:

1. Hayne
2. Merritt
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Tomau
11. Gallen
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mason
15. Merrin
16. Watmough
17. Grant

On form and on paper this team would have the ability to beat QLD.
Now that is the team that would win and who are in form - totally agree 100%

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id have shaun fenson in the back row instead of cream puff hofman.
Hoffman is just a melb version of ben creagh.
Adam reynolds craps all over pearce and plzzzz do not get me started on gidley... The guy must suck some serious cockatoos!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though im a selfish dogs supporter i was hoping tolman got his deserved crack at origin this year.
He would be the first forward chosen in my book and id swap merrin with boyd cordner. Merrin cannot tackle for shiet. He missed kingston around the ruck twice last nyt cold.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW have injuries as well i wouldn't have hayne at fullback can be lazy defending at times rather Stewart or even Dugan and Tomau is over rated he is isn't fit and lazy in defense rather mason or tolman

NSW need to look like this
1. stewart or dugan
2. hayne
3. jennings
4. morris
5. morris
6. maloney or carney
7. A renyolds
8. gallen
9 Ennis or Farah happy with either
10. tolman
11. lewis
12. bird
13. watmough

14. mason
15. mannah
16.grant
17. fafita

need a grub side for NSW
QLD have better back line but NSW have better forwards

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The lack of Canterbury in this team is pretty disappointing, last year a few our players should of made their debuts but they didn't.

I think once the Dogs hit form come game 2 and game 3 we will see more of our players there because this lineup just doesn't cut it to take on what QLD can field.
Will there be a series where everyone agrees with the selections? One thing I hate, aside from talking about Origin selections from round 1 is every armchair punter out there want's to put their 2 cents in for the origin team.

Daley will live and die by his decisions as a coach so let's see how his team goes. The only ask I have would be to keep the same team for the duration of the series. I also hate chopping and changing players not just between years, but between games within a series. Pick a team that has the skills not just the form. Form is temporary, class is permanent...QLD have class.

Its not the lack of the Canterbury in this... its obvious with the NSW selectors and Daley that they always go for the players by which club they play for and the reputation they have.

I can think of other players that should be ahead of those selected.

As for Pearce, this guy is a big game choker. I have not seen him play a decent game for NSW. When pressure gets to him, he goes missing, his kicking game becomes very 'Daniel Holdsworth-esque'.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no idea why Tolman features in proposed origin lineups. The Queensland forward pack would eat him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.